Tony Romo King of 4th quarter TD'S!

Well this is a Tony Romo thread about stats. I would be fine with Tony just being an average qb and a very good team. But that has not been the reality. The team has had major shortcomings in different areas. The whole point again is still just showing that he has not been the biggest problem and has done enough to win.

And yes it has been pointed out several times he is clutch but you can only do it so many times before you mess up. There is still no qb in history that does not make mistakes on the field. As your team gets better they perform better in playoffs. The team does not have to rely on the qb to save the day. Teams can win this way. It does not take a great qb to win playoffs or Super Bowl. That is a dreamworld.

I'm not going to sing any praises for Romo, unless he can deliver a Super Bowl victory. That has and will always be my expectations for My Dallas Cowboys. If they can't live up to the challenge, they will not recieve accolades from me.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Kirt, you claim that Drew Brees has risen to the occasions and carried the team on his back. Then PLEASE, explain to me what happened to Drew Brees and the Saints in 2012?

You seem to keep avoiding the question. Why?

I already answered it. I said they can't do it EVERY year. He had more than he could overcome in 2012, but he is still capable of winning it all again. Watching his fire and determination gives me the impression he wants it again. Romo, on the other hand sits on the bench with that same lost look like Opie, win or lose ...

Well this is a Tony Romo thread about stats. I would be fine with Tony just being an average qb and a very good team. But that has not been the reality. The team has had major shortcomings in different areas. The whole point again is still just showing that he has not been the biggest problem and has done enough to win.

And yes it has been pointed out several times he is clutch but you can only do it so many times before you mess up. There is still no qb in history that does not make mistakes on the field. As your team gets better they perform better in playoffs. The team does not have to rely on the qb to save the day. Teams can win this way. It does not take a great qb to win playoffs or Super Bowl. That is a dreamworld.

If he is so "clutch" .... where are his playoff wins?, NFC championships?, Superbowl championships? MVPs? ..... :(

I'm not going to sing any praises for Romo, unless he can deliver a Super Bowl victory. That has and will always be my expectations for My Dallas Cowboys. If they can't live up to the challenge, they will not recieve accolades from me.

Fair enough. So what your saying is that the years that Aikman or Staubach did not deliver a Super Bowl victory they were not worthy of praises because they were not winners....

Fair enough. So what your saying is that the years that Aikman or Staubach did not deliver a Super Bowl victory they were not worthy of praises because they were not winners....

Aikman and Staubach have already EARNED their praise ... they are proven winners and they did win Super Bowls .... Romo hasn't and doesn't deserve the same praise. Simple logic ....

I already answered it. I said they can't do it EVERY year. He had more than he could overcome in 2012, but he is still capable of winning it all again. Watching his fire and determination gives me the impression he wants it again. Romo, on the other hand sits on the bench with that same lost look like Opie, win or lose ...

Wait, let me see if I've got this straight. A quarterback like Brees is clutch because he's won the super bowl ONCE, but doesn't have to really lead his team to winning records EVERY year. Matter of fact, you are going to give Brees a pass because he had too much to overcome in 2012. So let me show you why your argument is flawed....

Trent Dilfer won the super bowl ONCE. Was he clutch? How about Doug Williams? Are Doug Williams and Trent Dilfer on the same level as Drew Brees and Peyton Manning who also, have only won ONCE?

Had Drew Brees been the QB of the Dallas Cowboys in 2007 and he threw TWO td passes to Patrick Crayton, who dropped them both. Would the loss be on Brees or Crayton?

Pretty soon, you're going to see your own flaw. No matter how hard you try and fight it.

You and Spacegolfer are the one's that scream stats, stats, stats. I'm the one screaming win, win, win. I haven't seen significant wins by the Cowboys in 4 years. You're telling me that we've fallen that far to only talk about stats. The Cowboys had decent draft picks from 2001-2005 to build a winning team, but that was short lived with the only 10+ win seasons being 2003, 2007, and 2009. Only three years of solid production in the past 16 seasons. That is unacceptable. If Romo was so "elite" and great in the clutch, the Cowboys would have been in more playoffs and won more games. I can't think of a quarterback that was considered such an elite talent to have such a poor showing in the playoffs, regardless of the team around him.

Drew Brees, 2012 Saints. Need I say more?

Your problem is that you want to blame Romo for the losses, when it's a team effort. Has Romo lost a few games, you betcha. But I'm not the one laying ALL the blame on him. Romo throws TWO td passes to Crayton, in which he drops them both in the Giants loss, but you want to blame Romo.

You're so blind with hatred for Romo that you can't even see the double standard in your own argument. Pity.

So let me see if I've got this straight. Had Romo delivered a super bowl in 2007, you wouldn't be hating on him now?

Riiiiiiiggggghhhhhtttttt.

If he is so "clutch" .... where are his playoff wins?, NFC championships?, Superbowl championships? MVPs? ..... :(

I'll play this game again. Pick a playoff loss that was solely Tony Romo's fault? Where was the playoff wins for Drew Brees in 2012?

Ready to play the double standard game again?

Aikman and Staubach have already EARNED their praise ... they are proven winners and they did win Super Bowls .... Romo hasn't and doesn't deserve the same praise. Simple logic ....

No one is saying that Romo deserves the same praise as Aikman and Staubach. But, if Aikman was so clutch, how come he didn't win squat after the 1995 super bowl?

Come on Kirt, the truth will set you free.

No one is saying that Romo deserves the same praise as Aikman and Staubach. But, if Aikman was so clutch, how come he didn't win squat after the 1995 super bowl?

Come on Kirt, the truth will set you free.

Just ignore him like I do. He knows the answers but is not relevant anymore.

They won Super Bowls, and we made the playoffs in Rogers case many of those were NFC Championship games if not the Super Bowl. Every quarterback is going to have an off year. With Tony Romo, he can't even hold Dave Krieg's jock of making it to playoff games (12 playoff games, but a 3-9 record). Romo has only played in 4 playoff games with a 1-3 record.

They won Super Bowls, and we made the playoffs in Rogers case many of those were NFC Championship games if not the Super Bowl. Every quarterback is going to have an off year. With Tony Romo, he can't even hold Dave Krieg's jock of making it to playoff games (12 playoff games, but a 3-9 record). Romo has only played in 4 playoff games with a 1-3 record.

All any of this does is proves my point about the team is what makes the playoffs and Super Bowls. Dave Krieg??? Whatever..... Go back to my previous point.

I'll play this game again. Pick a playoff loss that was solely Tony Romo's fault? Where was the playoff wins for Drew Brees in 2012?

Ready to play the double standard game again?

No double standard and no need to play games. As soon as Romo wins a Super Bowl, I'll get off his back ... not until. Like I have already said multiple times and you keep ignoring ... all the QBs I named and also the ones you named have one thing in common that Romo doesn't have .... at least one Super Bowl ring. These guys found a way to get it done, Romo hasn't. I don't think he has it in him. I'm not totally blaming all the losses on Romo, but he has certainly contributed to them in the clutch elimination games. Not once, has he been able to overcome and win it all ... like all the QBs we have mentioned with rings. No getting around that fact.

Looks like Tony Romo will pass Roger Staubach with his next 4th quarter comeback win. They are tied now. Of course it doesn't mean anything. But I guess it does when you talk about Roger. Lots of double standards on here. Did I mention he will also be passing Troy for most yards? I forgot that is no big deal either.

Looks like Tony Romo will pass Roger Staubach with his next 4th quarter comeback win. They are tied now. Of course it doesn't mean anything. But I guess it does when you talk about Roger. Lots of double standards on here. Did I mention he will also be passing Troy for most yards? I forgot that is no big deal either.

When will he be passing Staubach and Aikman for playoff wins?. NFC championships?, Superbowl wins? You actually want us to believe those stats are more important? .... :lol:

When will he be passing Staubach and Aikman for playoff wins?. NFC championships?, Superbowl wins? You actually want us to believe those stats are more important? .... :lol:

So winning is the only thing that matters to you, correct?? While I don't think Romo is a premium, superstar quarterback, without him and a few, meaning three or four, other pieces, this franchise would never have kept its head above water

No double standard and no need to play games. As soon as Romo wins a Super Bowl, I'll get off his back ... not until. Like I have already said multiple times and you keep ignoring ... all the QBs I named and also the ones you named have one thing in common that Romo doesn't have .... at least one Super Bowl ring. These guys found a way to get it done, Romo hasn't. I don't think he has it in him. I'm not totally blaming all the losses on Romo, but he has certainly contributed to them in the clutch elimination games. Not once, has he been able to overcome and win it all ... like all the QBs we have mentioned with rings. No getting around that fact.

Wow, your entire argument is predicated on a double standard and you're just too blind to see it. Romo was getting it done in 2006 because let's face it, without Romo, Dallas would have never made the playoffs.

In 2007, in the playoffs against the Giants, he was getting it done. However, two...TWO td passes hit Crayton right in the hands, and he dropped them both. But yet, YOU want to blame Romo.

The other QB's have rings because the team around them was good enough to get one. Fact. Name a QB who has won a super bowl by himself.

No, I didn't think you could.

In the super bowl where Dallas lost to the Steelers 35-31. When Jackie Smith dropped that sure td pass in the endzone, was it his fault or Roger Staubach's?

Oh and please, don't let the double standard of your argument get in the way of answering. Thanks.

Wow, your entire argument is predicated on a double standard and you're just too blind to see it. Romo was getting it done in 2006 because let's face it, without Romo, Dallas would have never made the playoffs.

In 2007, in the playoffs against the Giants, he was getting it done. However, two...TWO td passes hit Crayton right in the hands, and he dropped them both. But yet, YOU want to blame Romo.

The other QB's have rings because the team around them was good enough to get one. Fact. Name a QB who has won a super bowl by himself.

No, I didn't think you could.

No double standard necessary. Many QB who have gone on to win rings have overcome bad plays by other team mates and found a way to win. You act as if Romo is the only one who has ever had to overcome adversity. You are also insinuating something I never said. I have never said any QB has won a Super Bowl by himself. I said they have overcome and adapted and found a way to get it done, something Romo hasn't ever done. Like I said before, even Staubach couldn't win it every year, but he has accomplished this goal at least once. Romo has played enough years now to have been a difference maker which carried them all the way, but so far he has come up short and I doubt he ever gets there. How many seasons does Romo have to come up short before you admit he isn't a top tier QB?

No double standard necessary. Many QB who have gone on to win rings have overcome bad plays by other team mates and found a way to win. You act as if Romo is the only one who has ever had to overcome adversity. You are also insinuating something I never said. I have never said any QB has won a Super Bowl by himself. I said they have overcome and adapted and found a way to get it done, something Romo hasn't ever done. Like I said before, even Staubach couldn't win it every year, but he has accomplished this goal at least once. Romo has played enough years now to have been a difference maker which carried them all the way, but so far he has come up short and I doubt he ever gets there. How many seasons does Romo have to come up short before you admit he isn't a top tier QB?

Was it Romo that came up short, or was it the team that came up short?