Tony Romo King of 4th quarter TD'S!

Now we have a classic example of what I have been saying. Give Tony Romo a team doing good around him and they will win. He had about an average day for himself with a 93.5 rating which is just a couple points less than his career average. Yet all the talk is how bad he looked. I guess it is time for me to use the line others have used. Well it doesn't have to be pretty. He did what it takes to get the win. No matter how bad he looked, his level of play ended up being good enough.

• Replies 218
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL. He does what it takes to win when they get a W. When they lose he needs a better team around him. It's kind of a no-lose situation for Romo according to Space ;) . Absolutely no mention of the game before when the team played better than expected and he absolutely stunk it up

LOL. He does what it takes to win when they get a W. When they lose he needs a better team around him. It's kind of a no-lose situation for Romo according to Space ;) . Absolutely no mention of the game before when the team played better than expected and he absolutely stunk it up

Are you slow or something? I talked about several parts of the team playing good against San Fran. and I talked about 4 bad passes by Tony Romo. Pretty clear in my statements.

My statements in both game are accurate.

No I'm not slow. Are you? Ridiculing people for predicting 8-8 seasons even though they are right for 3 straight years. Slow & right is better than blind & wrong. I wasn't "talking all bad" about Tony like you said. I mentioned something is not right, prob with his back. Anybody watching him play can see that. He's not moving hardly at all on plays & his arm isn't showing the zip. I wasn't slamming him, I was just making an observation. If you can get over your infatuation with him for a second or two a lot of things you take offense with might not be so bad at all..... I'm not sure why you restarted this thread a month & 1/2 later to try to prove your point.....which is always confusing at best.

No I'm not slow. Are you? Ridiculing people for predicting 8-8 seasons even though they are right for 3 straight years. Slow & right is better than blind & wrong. I wasn't "talking all bad" about Tony like you said. I mentioned something is not right, prob with his back. Anybody watching him play can see that. He's not moving hardly at all on plays & his arm isn't showing the zip. I wasn't slamming him, I was just making an observation. If you can get over your infatuation with him for a second or two a lot of things you take offense with might not be so bad at all..... I'm not sure why you restarted this thread a month & 1/2 later to try to prove your point.....which is always confusing at best.

I will take some confusion out. Why start another Tony Romo thread when we have one? It is my understanding they want us to not have a bunch of different threads about the same subject.

I don't know how many different conversations you're having but that was not what I was responding to.

"THSfanatic, on 17 Sept 2014 - 9:32 PM, said:

LOL. He does what it takes to win when they get a W. When they lose he needs a better team around him. It's kind of a no-lose situation for Romo according to Space ;) . Absolutely no mention of the game before when the team played better than expected and he absolutely stunk it up."

+1

I also thought Romo didn't look healthy and I was also wondering why this thread was resurrected.

And I was responding to

"Spacegolfer, on 17 Sept 2014 - 11:00am said:

Now we have a classic example of what I've been saying. Give Tony Romo a good team around him and they will win.

That's why I said when they win he gets credit......when they lose it's the teams fault according to YOU. I see nothing SLOW about that reasoning based on what you said. It was the same team he played with the week before during a loss

+1

I also thought Romo didn't look healthy and I was also wondering why this thread was resurrected.

I agree with spacegolfer that we have too many threads on Tony Romy, why not make it just one. I realize that some people don't like to read 11 pages of the same stuff, but all they have to do is go to the last page. In my opinion, we're still in the early stages of the year, and Romo's stats have not been what they were in the past. They have in fact fallen off. I realize that they played a tough opponent against San Fran. We'll know more after the three game stint against New Orleans, Houston, and Seattle. I think the Cowboys will be in the playoff hunt at Thanksgiving, but December's schedule looks brutal regardless of how well Tony plays or doesn't.

And I was responding to

"Spacegolfer, on 17 Sept 2014 - 11:00am said:

Now we have a classic example of what I've been saying. Give Tony Romo a good team around him and they will win.

That's why I said when they win he gets credit......when they lose it's the teams fault according to YOU. I see nothing SLOW about that reasoning based on what you said. It was the same team he played with the week before during a loss

Yep you are slow! Show me one part where I blamed the San Fran loss on the team. What part of me saying Romo threw 4 bad balls is confusing? Not every thing is cut and dry when it comes to winning and losing. You can have good everything they can still play good and still lose. They all can play bad and still win. You seem to want to put the blame on someone but it doesn't matter.

It still stands. Give Tony Romo a good team around him and they will win. Read between the lines..... it does not mean they will win every game. Even when he plays spectacular. Geesh..... Does Peyton Manning or Aaron Rodgers win every game? Are they on good teams?

Whatever guy. I've said for years they just flat aren't very good. You have argued that they are. I will let the facts determine who is slow. You infer nothing is Romo's fault just as bad as the other side infers everything is on Romo. If you can read your own line & say it doesn't infer what I said more power to you

I agree with spacegolfer that we have too many threads on Tony Romy, why not make it just one. I realize that some people don't like to read 11 pages of the same stuff, but all they have to do is go to the last page. In my opinion, we're still in the early stages of the year, and Romo's stats have not been what they were in the past. They have in fact fallen off. I realize that they played a tough opponent against San Fran. We'll know more after the three game stint against New Orleans, Houston, and Seattle. I think the Cowboys will be in the playoff hunt at Thanksgiving, but December's schedule looks brutal regardless of how well Tony plays or doesn't.

I have read all 11 pages of this thread. Fortunately not all at one time. Had I done that I would be suicidal. It's either Romo is great or Romo stinks ad nauseum. Anyone who is sitting on the fence regarding Romo is lumped into one category or the other. Or ignored entirely.

I have read all 11 pages of this thread. Fortunately not all at one time. Had I done that I would be suicidal. It's either Romo is great or Romo stinks ad nauseum. Anyone who is sitting on the fence regarding Romo is lumped into one category or the other. Or ignored entirely.

That's the problem with Romo, he's great one week, average another, and horrendous on occasion. I had high hopes for Tony at the start of his career, but over time, I've become calloused to him. I have admitted that I bought his jersey long ago, but I haven't seen results in the post season for him to garner the adoration that spacegolfer has for him. Over the past 8 years I've went from being a fan of Romo to being a skeptic of what he can accomplish. I've seen flashes of him at times, but as a fan of the Dallas Cowboys I expect more not only from him, every player on the team, but the coaches and owner as well. After 17 years of mediocrity, and I will say 2007 was mediocre, because there wasn't a playoff win, how else should I feel ? Euphoric that the team takes the field every week ? I'll always be the fan of the Cowboys, but I'm tired of seeing failure in the playoffs.

That's the problem with Romo, he's great one week, average another, and horrendous on occasion. I had high hopes for Tony at the start of his career, but over time, I've become calloused to him. I have admitted that I bought his jersey long ago, but I haven't seen results in the post season for him to garner the adoration that spacegolfer has for him. Over the past 8 years I've went from being a fan of Romo to being a skeptic of what he can accomplish. I've seen flashes of him at times, but as a fan of the Dallas Cowboys I expect more not only from him, every player on the team, but the coaches and owner as well. After 17 years of mediocrity, and I will say 2007 was mediocre, because there wasn't a playoff win, how else should I feel ? Euphoric that the team takes the field every week ? I'll always be the fan of the Cowboys, but I'm tired of seeing failure in the playoffs.

I have never become a skeptic of Romo, but I have become cynical of the Cowboys because of Jerry Jones and all the disinformation (lies) he and Garrett have given to the media (public). Add to that 3 seasons of mediocrity and I am tired. I love my Cowboys and always will, but I can't help but wonder if Jerry is more interested in the money than proving to the world that he can do it without Jimmy.

I truly don't believe Jerry is any more interested in making money than he is at winning football. He is just a lot better at the former, and so dang dillusional that he won't accept the fact that the ongoing mediocrity starts with him & trickles down. I think it absolutely is killing him that the Boys aren't winning, but he is determined that he is smart enough to fix it eventhough it never improves

I truly don't believe Jerry is any more interested in making money than he is at winning football. He is just a lot better at the former, and so dang dillusional that he won't accept the fact that the ongoing mediocrity starts with him & trickles down. I think it absolutely is killing him that the Boys aren't winning, but he is determined that he is smart enough to fix it eventhough it never improves

So ultimately Jimmy is to blame because he was successful. That is one of two possible reasons why Jerry has led the Cowboys down the path they're on. Ego and/or Money

You won't get much praise from me for Jimmy Johnson. Neither of the Js have done Jack without the other. They were a perfect team that caught lightning in a bottle. IMO Jimmy was one of those coaches that wouldn't have stayed very long at any one place no matter who the owner was.He was a great coach on a rebuilding team with tons of talent. He never showed he could hang onto what he achieved in college or pro. He pretty much flopped in Miami. BOTH of their ego's were too big.....still are