Mt. Pleasant Baseball

SteveStifler

All I am hearing is the guy from Spring Hill. Something about he had already signed a contract to go somewhere else and trying to work something out to get out of that contract??? Not sure if this is good or bad.

Pearson stepped down and as far as I know, plans to stay and teach. Was not asked to leave but new AD/HFC had a problem with the assistant varsity baseball coach and Pearson did not feel that his assistant was treated right so he stepped down.

Stampede-no clue who you are, but you tend to like to take jabs a MP from time to time. Couldn't hit our way out of a wet paper sack??? Against who? Reich? Accurate statement and every team Reich faced until the Semis couldn't either. Against Mahomes? True again and Mahomes threw an unbelievable game that day. Against Fant? True again. Against 85 mph and down, hit as good as anyone we played with the exception of Hallsville.

Pearson is a good coach and a great man. Loved the example he set for the kids that played for him the last three years.

Never said he wasn't a good guy or good for kids as a role model. MP couldn't hit, they had a terrible approach at the plate. Guess he couldn't fix what you little league coaches taught! Pull it!!

^^^^ always gonna be a hater or 2..... You should go into Coaching Stangstampede

Who said I'm not? Maybe that would explain why I know they had no clue at the plate. Never mind that, anyone that has a clue about baseball would know they didn't have an approach. With the exception of 1 or 2 player everyone tried to pull every ball. Those guys Cletus mentioned were very good pitchers but you had one that was drafted in the first round and you won one game out of 4 against those 3 pitchers.

If you are a coach, then you would have been coaching instead of watching us attempt to hit our way out of that wet paper sack. I will be glad to show you the entire team (player by player) spray chart and prove your statement wrong about being only pull hitters. I will agree, we were not a great hitting team and I have not seen a great hitting team in quite some time. I see teams that hit bad pitching great, but I do not see what I consider to be great hitting high school baseball teams anymore.

Spray charts show where the ball went but is it because they hit the ball where it was pitched? In MP's case no it wasn't. What were the strike out totals. If you are inside the ball and hit it where it is pitched spray chart is a better indication. High strike out totals usually means you are trying to do something with the pitch other than hit it where it's pitched. I do know though that you are the knower of all things MP sports as well as sports in general because of your sharing of your vast knowledge on the radio!! LOL

Wow! You are the intelligent one. Really??? You are going to tell the all knowing Cletus what a spray chart is and what it will tell you??? It amazes me how folks like you make it through life with all of us less intelligent people.

If you want to talk baseball, we can talk anytime. If you want to talk MP athletics, we can do that too. I have no idea what your problem is with MP, but you were mistreated at some point.

Glad you have enjoy the radio show.

Mp had one of the best pitchers in the state and yes they didn't hit really good pitching very well but there worst problem was fundamentals on defense lots of errors on routine plays good thing for Mp is the new coach will have them playing better defense in no time great coach.

Don't have a dog in the fight here but I can remember when mp baseball was a joke. Coaches running in and out of the program and kids being unprofessional. Seems like this last coach completely changed that. mp was a fierce team and very well coached. Also, when they came to our house you could see their team mindset and supporting each other. From the outside looking in mp totally changed their program from a mess to an extremely competitive baseball team.

Don't have a dog in the fight here but I can remember when mp baseball was a joke. Coaches running in and out of the program and kids being unprofessional. Seems like this last coach completely changed that. mp was a fierce team and very well coached. Also, when they came to our house you could see their team mindset and supporting each other. From the outside looking in mp totally changed their program from a mess to an extremely competitive baseball team.

They were below .500 in district, lost to more than their fair share of 3a schools. Competitive when the one guy was on the hill. Reaping the benefits of 4 teams going to the playoffs. The guy was told he could come back and said no, just so happens he's losing a guy throwing 97 and hasn't developed anything. Feel sorry for the next guy for people that are blinded by the reason of the success they did have the past two years. I guess being a realist on smoaky makes you look like you have something against a certain school. Cletus is probably the reason I chime in on MP so much. Know it all on the radio, smoaky, and obnoxious at ball games.

Done with the childish ####.

MP Baseball will be fine for whoever is hired. Next season will be tough, not sure a single Sr will contribute (no JR's on Varsity last year). Started two sophomores and a one freshman started a good portion of the season. Lots of good younger kids coming up. No Kopech on the horizon, but those are pretty tough to find.

Good luck to whoever gets the job!!!