Mt. Pleasant Baseball

SteveStifler

Pearson's stepping down had nothing to with one player graduating. He stood up for his assistant and walked away only after putting up a valiant effort to keep his assistant. Pearson is one of the classist guys around. What he did in 3 years to turn around a joke of a program was outstanding. (I know because my son played for Pearson his junior and senior years. His freshmen and sophomore years on varsity you didn't know who had the keys to the asylum, the inmates or the guards) Pearson brought discipline and accountability. Plus he cared about those guys as much off the field as on. The foul crude language I witnessed first hand my son's freshman year was embarrassing...and that came from players and coaches. MP May not have been as talented as some teams but with Pearson at the helm he got a lot out of them. Those guys played hard for him and they played as a team and supported each other. I saw none of that my son's freshman year and a glimmer of that his sophomore year....Pearson was the right guy at the right time. I witnessed Pearson benching starters, not for their play, but their attitude. I couldn't have asked for a better coach to coach my son. I wish the new coach the very best.

Aaron did not resign because of assistant coach alone, he had been a varsity football coach for 5 or 6 years, he was told by new coach that he did not want head coaches from other sports being varsity football coaches. He did not want to coach sub varsity football. He also would of liked having some in put in the replacement of assistant baseball coaches that were run off. He did not get fired, he choose not to coach under new leadership. MP is a tough place to coach baseball, when you have to teach freshman kids to catch fly balls and to throw properly. This last class had more baseball players in it than any other in awhile. They still had to start 2 soph, and a freshman. Quarter Finals speaks for its self, two teams that placed higher in district went out a lot sooner than MP, you can be talented a win district, but coaching wins playoff games. It is easy to set on the outside and look in and make ### commits and cut someone down behind a fake name, go out and coach everyday and spend more time with other peoples kids than you do with your own. Aaron Pearson is a good coach and he did a great job with what he had, yes he had a great pitcher, but you can only tie a game if you don't score more runs than the other team. Stangstampede how far did your team, that you coached go Little league world series, or were you watching MP play in the Quarter Finals.

I watched MP play Waxahachie in Mesquite. I think Waxahachie was a down a bit, but they always field a solid club and the big MP righty shut them down, as he should, and MP 3B I believe hit a solo bomb to win the game 1-0. I don't know what else the coach can do there? Impressive win, this was the Waxahachie team that pistol whipped the almighty Lindale team

Joel Windham will do a great job there. He has taken multiple teams deep in the playoffs and rebuilt several other programs. He will have those kids playing disciplined, fundamental baseball. You got a great coach when you hired Windham. Just sit back and watch how his teams perform.

Joel Windham will do a great job there. He has taken multiple teams deep in the playoffs and rebuilt several other programs. He will have those kids playing disciplined, fundamental baseball. You got a great coach when you hired Windham. Just sit back and watch how his teams perform.

+1

Done with the childish ####.

MP Baseball will be fine for whoever is hired. Next season will be tough, not sure a single Sr will contribute (no JR's on Varsity last year). Started two sophomores and a one freshman started a good portion of the season. Lots of good younger kids coming up. No Kopech on the horizon, but those are pretty tough to find.

Good luck to whoever gets the job!!!

Speaking of the younger ones coming up, anyone know how the 14U Dixie All Star team did in Longview?

Did he actually take the job. I heard he has moved on from this one.