2014 District 8-3A D1

Looking at the playoff brackets this morning on the UIL website and it looks like our district champ will most likely get Van Alystne in round 2 and Sunnyvale in round 3. Our runner up will most likely get Pilot Point in round 2 and New Boston in round 3....Of course I am assuming we advance past round 1. Should be fun...

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Mineola has clinched a playoff spot. The rest is up for grabs. Sabine can still earn a share of a district championship if they win out. White Oak can also win a share of the district championship if Sabine and White Oak win out. Harmony and Jefferson have been eliminated from the district championship, but are alive for playoffs. White Oak can all but clinch a playoff spot with a win tomorrow because they have Quitman and Jefferson left to play. If Harmony wins against White Oak and beats Jefferson or Sabine the next two week then they will be in. if Sabine wins 1 of the next 2 they should be in. I am hurting my brain with all of these scenarios...,. Go cards

That is what hurts your brain so much about trying to figure this #### out. I am just glad I get to watch the games and not up at that field house right now trying to figure all of this #### out. I will take this beautiful morning in my deer stand watching everything but deer walk by. 😝

Alright here is my take on this week:

White Oak wins at Quitman and goes 6-3(3-1)

Jefferson wins at home and goes 6-3(2-2)

So Mineola will either be 6-3(4-0) or 5-4(3-1) and Sabine will be either be 6-3(3-1) or 5-4(2-2). I just have to believe the Jackets find a way to win, I don't think the Cards are going to do anything that the Jackets have'nt seen so far this year.

I don't think Harmony will be able to keep up with Jefferson's speed, #2 can flip the field position in the blink of an eye, so they will be 3-6(1-3).

And the Quitman Bulldogs will be 0-9(0-4) and will be seeking revenge on the B-ball court.

So in my humble opinion Mineola, White Oak, Sabine, and Jefferson make the play-offs in that order. But I've been wrong before so let's see what happen this Friday. Good luck everybody.

Alright here is my take on this week:

White Oak wins at Quitman and goes 6-3(3-1)

Jefferson wins at home and goes 6-3(2-2)

So Mineola will either be 6-3(4-0) or 5-4(3-1) and Sabine will be either be 6-3(3-1) or 5-4(2-2). I just have to believe the Jackets find a way to win, I don't think the Cards are going to do anything that the Jackets have'nt seen so far this year.

I don't think Harmony will be able to keep up with Jefferson's speed, #2 can flip the field position in the blink of an eye, so they will be 3-6(1-3).

And the Quitman Bulldogs will be 0-9(0-4) and will be seeking revenge on the B-ball court.

So in my humble opinion Mineola, White Oak, Sabine, and Jefferson make the play-offs in that order. But I've been wrong before so let's see what happen this Friday. Good luck everybody.

It would also be interesting "if" Mineola wins out, sabine picks up a win to finish off the regular season at 3-2 in district, Jefferson beats harmony and white oak. That would put Sabine, Jefferson and White Oak all at 3-2...a 3 way tie.

It would also be interesting "if" Mineola wins out, sabine picks up a win to finish off the regular season at 3-2 in district, Jefferson beats harmony and white oak. That would put Sabine, Jefferson and White Oak all at 3-2...a 3 way tie.

Jefferson at White Oak is going to be a very good game. It could go back and forth all night.