JD needs to be fired!

rattler88

Give Coo Cruz number before he is even gone. Don't need to put up his numbers as a O, Ian number for WAR for the money ball lovers is 5th in AL. Even David Murphy would be 2nd on Rangers right now with RBI and in top for AVG. Worked out well for him. Get rid of your club house leaders. Beltre is the only thing we got as a leader, Elvis is a great cheerleader.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guess some people forgot what a shambles the farm system was in prior to JD showing up. I'm not saying everything he's done has been perfect, but he's definitely improved the organization since he's been here.

He has gotten to big for himself and anyone that doesn't see that is fooling themselves. He want's to be his show and his show only. ask the other two hall of famers that have left. He has gotten the JJ bite. He has gotten rid of some key players at that is just a fact.

I hear the "he got rid of a bunch of key players" argument all the time. Outside of Kinsler, I don't remember many trades of key pieces. Young was pretty much done career wise. From a performance perspective he would have been grossly overpaid. He definitely didn't light up the stats in Philly or LA. Hamilton left as a free agent and was overpaid by the Angels. Cruz left as a free agent. CJ left as a free agent. I think he catches so much heat because he uses an analytical approach to players instead of the way fans do. Almost like they are equipment. When your laces wear out in your glove, you chunk it and get a new one if you can't re-lace the old one.

I'm not a JD fan, but he can't help the fact that so many guys went down due to injury. If Rangers were equipped with who they thought would be in the rotation and a healthy Prince, who knows where they would be right now. Hard to protect Beltre without Prince.

At the time the andrus signing seemed great as long as he continued to progress.

I would've never thrown that type of money at andrus ever. For a 270 hitter with no power. Good fielder and nothing more than that.

I would've never thrown that type of money at andrus ever. For a 270 hitter with no power. Good fielder and nothing more than that.

His attitude seems to be that he's more than alright with being a good player with a big contract and not a great one.

There is NO leadership in the locker room, and as a Yankee fan even I know that is VERY important. You don't get rid of people that you think might be done just because, ask the Spurs and their 5 rings! Sometimes you have to pay for their leadership more than their bat. Let them teach the young ones. When the spurs won they kept their players together as MUCH as they could, the YANKS we kept ours to. How about your MAVS, didn't work out to well after the Championship has it? How about those BOYS- hasn't gone well for them either. Keep your leaders no matter what, keep the people that got you their as much as you can. How many time did Boston fans want to get rid of Big P! Pretty good choice keeping him. 2 more rings!!!!

There is NO leadership in the locker room, and as a Yankee fan even I know that is VERY important. You don't get rid of people that you think might be done just because, ask the Spurs and their 5 rings! Sometimes you have to pay for their leadership more than their bat. Let them teach the young ones. When the spurs won they kept their players together as MUCH as they could, the YANKS we kept ours to. How about your MAVS, didn't work out to well after the Championship has it? How about those BOYS- hasn't gone well for them either. Keep your leaders no matter what, keep the people that got you their as much as you can. How many time did Boston fans want to get rid of Big P! Pretty good choice keeping him. 2 more rings!!!!

Is Adrian Beltre not a leader? How about Alex Rios?? You talk about how the Yanks have kept theirs together, the only three I remember area Jeter, Mariano, and Posada. Now two of those three are gone the way of the dodo and who are your leaders going to be when Jeter is gone?? Gardner? A-Roid?

You don't keep leaders around just to be leaders. That's like paying a personal trainer to sign off on a workout sheet and never push you during workouts.

Funny, I don't remember Posada getting to have a farewell tour and go out on his own time. Bernie Williams (HOF worthy) either for that matter. I would say Mo and Jeter are exceptions to the rule rather than the norm for the Evil Empire.

Guys, Andrus is 25 and is an above average SS, not above average defender, but a SS! Those are hard to come by. You tend to do what it takes and pay the guy what he wants to ensure he stays around. I hope when Chirino's contract comes around, they pay him too. He's the closest thing in the game to Pudge besides Yadier Molina and he's out right now...

Ron ain't leaving balls over the middle of the plate. Ron isn't the one that isn't getting the hits with runners in scoring position. No one in the world would be in better position given the circumstances his club has had to deal with. Name one guy that would have a good year after losing 3 of 5 starting pitchers, 2 INFs, one of which usually has somewhere above 35 bombs with 100 RBIs. I don't think you realize how hard it is to even make a run at a World Series, much less make it back 2 years in a row.

So what should be done, rubber?

Just gotta let it play out. Nothing you can do except get a good look at some young guys. Back ups to middle of the order guys usually aren't as good as the back end of your starting line up, so when your normal 7s and 8s are having to hit 2, 5 and 6, it ain't gonna be pretty. I wish they would get rid of Soto and see what Chirinos can do with nearly a full summer. Also, they have Profar, Sardineas, and Odor and they don't need all 3. Pick 1 and trade the other 2. Odor is my favorite simply because I haven't seen much of Profar. I think Odor probably swings it a little better. They need to go get them a young power hitting corner OF.