JD needs to be fired!

rattler88

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok back to the original poster, you want JD fired so let's see he passed on Hamilton who in two years has 26 HRs for the contract he got, so a good no sign by JD or not?

You mentioned Murphy, .241 and 6 HRs

Kinsler, again see at the end, he has a history of falling off

You never answered any questions just thru out an opinion based on what?

Who are you talking to?

My bad.

Well I think something has to be done. I'm not sure what the answer is, but sitting back and "riding" it out isn't going to get it done. I think JD has done both good and bad things for the Rangers. The farm system is in way better shape than it was, but it's not exactly churning out all-star players either. All I know is we are heading south and we need to do something. Washcis stale and has been in over his head from day one. We need to start with a new manager.

Well we know I won't agree with you on wash. As for JD it is a bad season, but not because of him or wash. Injuries have killed the team. To me it would be changing just to change and I can't see why that needs to be done. There is nothing to fault wash on for this year, and I can't see anything JD has done that is at fault.

About the only thing Wash can control is trying to get the team to play defense more consistently

Well we know I won't agree with you on wash. As for JD it is a bad season, but not because of him or wash. Injuries have killed the team. To me it would be changing just to change and I can't see why that needs to be done. There is nothing to fault wash on for this year, and I can't see anything JD has done that is at fault.

Pitching has been horrendous this season besides Yu Darvish. We just also havent had the hitting to back it up like we did in the past. I say trade the whole team.. keep Andrus, Profar, and Yu Darvish, and we have a championship next year!

Gallop I can agree with that but tough when you got a bunch of tripe A guys out there.

I really believe one of the issues with pro sports today is the must win now attitude. Now I agree there are times when change is needed, I will use the Cowboys as an example they have gone through coordinators like crazy but with the same results. The Rangers were knocking on the door, the farm system is in great shape with the exception of Triple A which was traded away for win now pieces. There was a flaw in Wash and they brought in a bench coach to help. I mean first couple of months of the season were pretty amazing all things considered but then injuries took over.

JD Mae smart moves, letting Hamilton and Wilson leave. He brought in Lee for what most people said was way too high a price yet neither guy has developed. Many guys were talking about Davis and Hunter and how bad that was, well how is that one now? I believe he tried to sign Cruz but the agent got in the way. The kinsler trade I still believe will be in rangers favor. He traded Young, and though I like him he was not a 16 million player. Now you can fault the Garza trade, a trade due out of panic due to Cruz, yet no one wants to blame Cruz. I just don't see where either man has done anything at all to be fired this year. No one wants to list why, just that they should. Even with the injuries the rangers are better off now than 15 years ago when our farm system was in shambles.

You know so many fans just want to jump on the hot issue, especially bandwaggoners. God forbid a team has a bad year, no matter why. They are turning into the sports version of Jerry Fallwell. Kill the fornicators!!

My bad.

Well I think something has to be done. I'm not sure what the answer is, but sitting back and "riding" it out isn't going to get it done. I think JD has done both good and bad things for the Rangers. The farm system is in way better shape than it was, but it's not exactly churning out all-star players either. All I know is we are heading south and we need to do something. Washcis stale and has been in over his head from day one. We need to start with a new manager.

Yeah because there are farm systems out there churning out all stars...? I know you said with somewhat of a sarcastic tone, but I feel like you really think there are farm systems that produce all stars on a consistent basis and there's not. Rangers have some of the top rated INFs on the farm in all of baseball.

• 3 weeks later...

You guys might want to take a look at Kinsler now. Down to .285 avg and .317 oba.

I really believe the trade will end up in rangers favor, and that is hard to say with prince out.

Also need to look at at Olt, Davis, and Josh.

Doesn't matter! If J.D would have kept all of them we would have won the Galaxy Series by now!!

That's what J.D antagonists sound like

I liked his trades this year. Helped restock. Now we can see what he does in offseason. I do think Wash needs to get more out of andrus and Martin.

I would say next year is a big year for wash. Need to add two starters, some bullpen help, and a power bat in offseason. Have to prove this year was a fluke caused by injuries.

Really like to hear from some of the guys on here who spoke about kinsler, Hamilton, Olt, Davis trades. I think when you look at who JD traded and let go it is hard to find a fault other than fielder being hurt.

Personally, I would like an andrus trade for a decent shortstop and a power outfielder. Somewhere like the Dodgers, who would need him and would unload (possibly) Matt Kemp for him

The DMN article mentioning that is interesting. My deal is a guy with that kind of defense at age 25 I hate to get ride of. I think they can find a way for Profar, odor, and andrus to all be here. But then again kemp would have more power here than playing in LA and San Diego so much.

His defense has been suffering for the past couple of years though. Plus, you also have to remember luis sardinas is there and just about ready to break in. I would rather profar and andrus be traded for kemp and a decent starting pitching, and then go out and try to pick up james shields at least

Kemp is injury prone and very streaky. Andrus will be fine. Hitting .270 at the top of the line up when in reality, he's prolly a bottom of the order guy. Choo has been a bust. Kinsler has been capable of what he's doing this summer, he just needed different scenery. Sardineas is not ready to hit big league pitching. Odor is way more promising at this point in their careers. They need to get a couple starters. No way in hell Lewis needs to be with the club starting next summer. Getting Prince back will help immediately, assuming he rounds back into what he usually is every summer.

Kemp is injury prone and very streaky. Andrus will be fine. Hitting .270 at the top of the line up when in reality, he's prolly a bottom of the order guy. Choo has been a bust. Kinsler has been capable of what he's doing this summer, he just needed different scenery. Sardineas is not ready to hit big league pitching. Odor is way more promising at this point in their careers. They need to get a couple starters. No way in hell Lewis needs to be with the club starting next summer. Getting Prince back will help immediately, assuming he rounds back into what he usually is every summer.

I disagree on the Choo angle. The ankle has been the cause of most of his problems, except for boneheadedness in the outfield. He is best at DH. Lewis is pitching himself into another contract with the way he is throwing the ball. It does take a while to get use to functioning on an artificial hip

I disagree on the Choo angle. The ankle has been the cause of most of his problems, except for boneheadedness in the outfield. He is best at DH. Lewis is pitching himself into another contract with the way he is throwing the ball. It does take a while to get use to functioning on an artificial hip

I had no idea of Choos ankle. Lewis is a dying breed. He sits at 88 with no movement. His ERA is a direct reflection of him squaring barrels up, or lack thereof...

I had no idea of Choos ankle. Lewis is a dying breed. He sits at 88 with no movement. His ERA is a direct reflection of him squaring barrels up, or lack thereof...

Except for the last start, you would be incorrect for a month. His fastball was in the 91 mph range, with some tail. Saw it myself during the yankees game on the last home stand. His offspeed stuff was as tight as I've ever seen it, and he was a lot more pinpoint than earlier in the season. He has freshened up(minus a couple of days ago) substantially since the first few outings of his season

will never win with outfield there now. Cut all 3 and get some power

Choo has pop but is playing on a bum ankle. Yes, he probably should be shut down for the rest of the season, but he doesn't want to be so he isn't. Adduci is meant to be a fleet footed outfielder, with a plus arm. Martin has all the talent in the world, and he has shown many flashes of that over the past few seasons. Daniel Robertson is the same way as Adduci. Rios is in the last year of his contract, and he is also a plus outfielder with a great arm.

You care to share reasons for the back handed comment?

Gobbler, I LOVE THE LIONS HEAD. Outfielders in the American League need RBIs. Average is nice but runs win games, just don't see that many rbis among the whole out field group.

I got to give a shout out to one of the best universities in East Texas.

The problem with the outfield now is that two of the 4 that play out there on a regular basis don't have very much experience at the big league level. Aducci was supposed to be a 4th outfielder this year and Roberston was never supposed to be where he is now. It's the same issue I've been saying all year. They have just been swamped with injuries, and this season is an abberation.

I got to give a shout out to one of the best universities in East Texas.

The problem with the outfield now is that two of the 4 that play out there on a regular basis don't have very much experience at the big league level. Aducci was supposed to be a 4th outfielder this year and Roberston was never supposed to be where he is now. It's the same issue I've been saying all year. They have just been swamped with injuries, and this season is an abberation.

Personally think it is best in Texas,just wish the Rangers were too. Love the turf at Memorial Stadium. Give'em hell Lions.