JD needs to be fired!

rattler88

I said it was JDs idea to take good arms out of te bullpen and make them starters against the coaching staffs advice. Not sure how that is being applied to the whole organization. Get off JDs sack and admit he made a couple bad decisions in those 2 cases... And for the record, I've never said there was a curse of Nolan Ryan... Did I hate to see him go? Yes. Does his words carry more weight than JDs towards the players? Yes. JD is a computer nerd that needs to keep his nose out of the everyday baseball decisions and stick to the money side, which I think he is good at.

Amazing how the fact that I don't agree with you means I'm on JD's "sack", as you so uneloquently put it. You act like he's the only GM ever to make bad decisions. Were you outraged at what Hicks did and didn't do for the organization, or were you just off watching another sport? I see all this talent that is playing right now for the Rangers, mostly because the season is over and we are having an extended audition, and you know where it can from? JD making trades, and JD choosing players in the draft or from other countries. Now I'm sure Nolan was in on some of them as well, but the fact that you refuse to consider JD as anything other than a flop shows the ignorance that you contain. I mean, if you dislike JD as a GM so much, we can always go back to the Hicks Sports Group years.

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Amazing how the fact that I don't agree with you means I'm on JD's "sack", as you so uneloquently put it. You act like he's the only GM ever to make bad decisions. Were you outraged at what Hicks did and didn't do for the organization, or were you just off watching another sport? I see all this talent that is playing right now for the Rangers, mostly because the season is over and we are having an extended audition, and you know where it can from? JD making trades, and JD choosing players in the draft or from other countries. Now I'm sure Nolan was in on some of them as well, but the fact that you refuse to consider JD as anything other than a flop shows the ignorance that you contain. I mean, if you dislike JD as a GM so much, we can always go back to the Hicks Sports Group years.

You really think he's hand picking the talent? Wake up, scouts do all the leg work buddy...

You really think he's hand picking the talent? Wake up, scouts do all the leg work buddy...

Did I say he was hand picking them? Sure doesn't look like those words showed up anywhere in that comment. I said he was picking, not hand picking. Everyone has scouts that give reccomendations, but it is up to the front office to pull the trigger on said reccomendations or go a different route. Amazing how someone can misconstrue plain english to whatever they want it to mean

Sorry man, just seemed like you were insisting that these players came from JD's choosing. This is probably the only time he has listened to the people that do all the work for him.

Sorry man, just seemed like you were insisting that these players came from JD's choosing. This is probably the only time he has listened to the people that do all the work for him.

It's cool man. Personally, I was as angry as anyone when some of these trades came down. The Garza one really #### me off. Plus the fact that I have never had faith in Feliz or Ogando, and we kept trying to make them starters. But the trades that have been questionable by JD have usually been pushes, not busts for us. We have been lucky so far that the talent we have traded has been par to sub-par. What someone needs to tell JD is that you win with pitching and defense. It's great if Prince can come back healthy and play a good defensive first base and clobber the stuffing out of the ball, and getting rid of Kinsler was a step in the right direction for the defense, but we need at least one more above average starter in the rotation for next year

I liked Kinsler at 2B. He had great range and his lackadaisical errors usually game in games where the team looked lackadaisical. IE, I don't remember any routine plays where he botched in a big game down the stretch. I think Kinsler is valuable to anyone, when he's focused. He was lights out during the playoffs for the most part.

Check out the stats from kinsler. Also remember his base running was beyond bad. His bat fades in the season and that has been a consistent issue. He also refuses to take walks, which made him a poor leadoff. I think if he had moved to first and batted 5th or 6th no issues. He did not want move spots.

You missed the meat of my comment. Kinsler was bad when the team was going bad. I know a professional shouldn't play like that, but when the Rangers were in contention, he was at the top of the league at his position.

I think you need to look at that a bit more close. He faded tremendously last year from august on and is doing the same this year, did the same three years back. He is an april till June player. Stats back that up 100%

READ what I'm typing! When the team is going good or in a playoff series, nobody better than Kinsler. And stats back that up. I KNOW he can be bad. I understand he loses focus on the bases on July 27th during a 1 o'clock day game. I understand this. But it's not what I'm saying. He is a dynamic player when he's focused. He has power, great range, speed, and one of the best turn guys for double plays in the league; when he is focused......

He got hot, explain David Freese. How do you explain 3-4 months of steady slide? He is what he is. He plays well up to all-star break then slides. Three straight years show a pattern. He also shows a pattern of getting worse. Check out his OBP this year and compare last three.

He's a top 2B in the league, in my opinion.

I liked Kinsler at 2B. He had great range and his lackadaisical errors usually game in games where the team looked lackadaisical. IE, I don't remember any routine plays where he botched in a big game down the stretch. I think Kinsler is valuable to anyone, when he's focused. He was lights out during the playoffs for the most part.

Meh. He's valuable if you don't mind the mental mistakes. Now granted, he has some pop and has been somewhat better the past few years, but I just can't take the laziness. I know Elvis has looked even worse than that this year, but my hope is that he will turn that around. Ian just didn't seem to care when he screwed up

• 2 weeks later...

Old friend, I think you better check out Kins' numbers again...leadoff guy who drives in nearly 100 and plays Gold Glove-caliber defense at 2B. Rough ALDS, but check out his history of postseason numbers.

The Kinsler for Fielder deal was just a BAD trade for the Rangers, no matter how you slice it.

The bottom line is with Kinsler, you get a top of the order bat who plays Gold Glove-caliber defense and drives in close to 100 runs, and with Fielder you get a middle of the order bat who can no longer pull the ball with authority (playing at a ballpark that was made for LH pull hitters) and who plays a sub-par 1B.

Time will tell if Fielder can rebound, but it does not look good for him to reach his old 30/100 days.

Cruz or Shoo, who is still playing. Kinsler or Odor, who reached post season. Players with injury problems tend to be injured each season. Because Beltre had no protection behind him homerun production slipped. Runs win ballgames BA is ok but rbis more important (outfield provided very few rbis) Don't worry about money ticket prices will still be to high if players were all paid minimum example Minnesota Twins

Yep he was, after Texas offered him and he turned it down.......so if your Texas and you deal with the 50 game ban, which he could have appealed, then make an offer larger than ANYONE else is willing to come close too how would you feel at Texas? So you think it would have been a good idea to wait around like they did for starting pitchers in the past? The facts are the facts, he was offered his agent said no because they wanted a multi year deal AND for him to be in OF. Texas offered a one year and splitting time at DH and OF, which is EXACTLY what he is doing for Os for 6 million less. He almost was not signed until spring training.

He tried to get a max contract. No different than what 99% of all other pro athletes try and do. His attempt failed.

• 7 months later...

Where has kinsler's power gone? I don't remember him going this long without a HR.

Who cares about his power, he's hitting .282. The Rangers' combined 2nd basemen are back and forth between AAA and the bench! The vet Rosales can't hit the ball out of the infield and the other 2 belong in AAA.

And rightfully so, the 2nd basemen position was unsteady and the 1st base position was even worse. JD is lucky Fielder had a medical condition that was fixable. What if this neck/back thing weren't fixable? He'd really be on a hot seat right about now...