Chandler Parsons

Stoney

They didn't match it. You can watch the team where champions play... Mavericks 2014-15!

Houston has until 11:59 pm Sunday to match. Not sure if they will or not. Parsons seems genuinely excited about joining the Mavs, and the hefty raise Cuban has offered.

Jeremy Lin is on his way to Lakers. There's something screwy with the Asik deal to NO. Something about the salary cap. Some of what I've heard from the talking heads they can now max deal Bosh and match Parsons.

Parsons definitely getting re-signed now. Moorey gonna have to look hard to salvage this offseason. Hearing interest in Paul Pierce and Trevor Ariza among others...

Hopefully Houston declines to match and Dallas gets him. They need another young player that can run the floor and be aggressive. I think Mark Cuban should have made the offer sooner if it was allowed. Lebron changed the whole game by his announcement and that enabled Miami to max a deal for Bosh. Otherwise I do not think Houston would even consider keeping Parson's. We will know soon enough. The decision has to be made by Sunday night. At least no long wait on these type of contracts.

I'm hearing that Dwayne Wade is seriously considering Dallas...Poor Bosh if that were to happen, but what a boost to Dallas. They go from being a 7-8 seed to a strong contender...

Did you see Wade this year? Just adding Wade to their roster will not get Dallas over SA, OKC, the Clippers, or Houston.

I'm hearing that Dwayne Wade is seriously considering Dallas...Poor Bosh if that were to happen, but what a boost to Dallas. They go from being a 7-8 seed to a strong contender...

I agree with Valhala on this. I do not think Wade has the drive in him. Him did not play well this past year in my opinion. He is breaking down very quickly now. I am not saying that he is not a terrific player still. I still think he is effective just not as he has been because of his body. But then again neither is Dirk. Just the last couple years I have grown a bad taste for Wade. I do not like some of his attitude that he has been sporting around.

Houston has decided NOT to match the Mavs offer for Parsons. Gives Houston flexibility now to add depth and try again for a marquee player next offseason.

Hate to see Parsons go. Very underrated player and a personal favorite, but from a business standpoint I understand why Houston decided against bringing him back.

A big add for Dallas. Ya'll will like him a lot...

@royceyoung: So to recap the Rockets' offseason: Traded Asik for nothing, traded Jeremy Lin for less and lost Chandler Parsons. But got Ariza! Yikes.

Pretty much sums it up...Weak offseason. Moorey needs to make solid pickups to salvage anything...

The one silver lining here is that Ariza is a better defender, a place the Rockets were in definite need of an upgrade. The replay of Lillard knocking down that 3 - pointer with Parsons chasing is exhibit one. James Harden is exhibit 2, 3, 4, and 5.

Harden not playing defense is what bothers me most because he was a strong defender in OKC. He is actively closing not to play in Houston.

Regardless, Houston needs to pick up plus defenders and jump shooters to open things up for Harden, Howard, and Beverley. ..