LeBron: I'm coming back to Cleveland

Wild74

LeBron: I'm coming back to Cleveland

SI ^ | July 11, 2014 | LeBron James

Posted on Friday, July 11, 2014 11:31:38 AM by C19fan

Before anyone ever cared where I would play basketball, I was a kid from Northeast Ohio. Its where I walked. Its where I ran. Its where I cried. Its where I bled. It holds a special place in my heart. People there have seen me grow up. I sometimes feel like Im their son. Their passion can be overwhelming. But it drives me. I want to give them hope when I can. I want to inspire them when I can. My relationship with Northeast Ohio is bigger than basketball. I didnt realize that four years ago. I do now.

(Excerpt) Read more at si.com ...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Maybe now that LeBron has matured some he'll appreciate his home community

Did you read or listen to his letter? That is all it is about. It is about where he is from. Not Dan Gilbert, not the money, not the championships... its about HOME. Tons of clues that he missed it since he left. 2 years ago he said "I would love to go back and play there someday." His wife's excitement about going to Akron on vacation this summer.

I gained a lot respect for Lebron because of that letter.

It didn't feel like PR bull. It felt real, and about "The Decision." One thing people overlook is that he did it there because he thought the PR and money raised from it going to the Boys and Girls Club of Cleveland would be a HUGE boost to that organization. It wasn't to slap Cleveland in the face publicly.

Come on....if it meant so much he would've stayed in the first place. Heck, they made the finals when he was there. It was all about assembling a dream team, self-promotion, and chasing Jordan's legacy, ect. I'm just not buying it.

He left Cleveland to win championships immediately. If Cleveland is a championship contender this year as the roster stands right now it is only because of him... However, I refuse to believe Cleveland in its current state is better than Chicago or Indiana right now. Give them Kevin Love, I put Cleveland as the front runner in the East. Trade the rook and win now!

I could give a rat terd who wins or loses in the NBA. I'm just questioning the purity of ol Lebron's motives. I will give him credit for being smart enough to get out of Miami. They aren't going anywhere but downhill.

Haha you can't see a man's heart, but it truly seemed genuine to me.

He left Cleveland to win championships immediately. If Cleveland is a championship contender this year as the roster stands right now it is only because of him... However, I refuse to believe Cleveland in its current state is better than Chicago or Indiana right now. Give them Kevin Love, I put Cleveland as the front runner in the East. Trade the rook and win now!

I think they'll get Love next year. http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/11203427/kevin-love-intrigued-commit-cleveland-cavaliers .

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Coming back as player, coach, general manager and may be the owner before he is threw. He might as well be, he is the boss!

Cleveland is definitely having problems this year, but LeBron can turn it up a notch when it matters. This team has yet to jell, and with him being injured it hasn't been helping. If Cle can get their act together in March, they can make a run for the Title, because they have the players to do it. I'm not saying they will, only that it's possible. I wouldn't count them out this early in the season. Right now they would be the 6th seed in the East.

Funny we heard that same story his first year in Miami. Erik Spoelstra was supposed to be packing after their loss to Dallas in the Finals.

I think their issues are more philosophical differences instead of the chemistry issues they had in Miami.

Probably reading too far into it, but LeBron pushing his coach didn't look good.

There was a lot of smoke coming out about LeBron and Blatt not getting along and LeBron pushing for his exit. Gonna be interesting if they don't pick it up soon. Expectations were high coming into the year and they are barely playing .500 basketball.