3A-1 Region II District 7

MuleSlicks

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not to change the subject Rubberhammer, But we all wonder just who is your Home School / Team ?????? or do you plead the fifth.

I mean most of my clientele comes from the Cedar creek lake area. Malakoff, Kemp, Eustace...I catch a lot of those towns games. I try to watch as many east Texas teams as I can and since I picked up some properties in the northeast, I'll be around those teams up there later in the year.

Lets get started Tiger fans !

My preseason pics from "The Best", to the worst.

Sorry NB fans.

Daingerfield

New Boston

Winnsboro

Mt. Vervon

Redwater

Prairiland

Look pretty close to right. Red water might give Mt Vernon a run for their money though.

I think NB will win the dist. Not sure it is anything special except for a trophy. The real game will be the qtr. finals. I figure u guys are thinking Mineola and Pottsboro will stand in the way of 7 3A D 1. I don't see it. Go Lions

New Boston will win this district. They have DF at home....will find a way to win it.

The key will be how both teams play in the playoffs, and hopefully we can both make it back to each other in round 4.

I think the state champion will come out of this district. I think Wall lost too many key players including the qb, and I think yoe lost the entire OL.

Rubberhammer you could be right. New Boston did put the ball in the air a little more last year though. Hopefully they will continue that trend. However, the lions have a couple of good backs coming back and a real good line coming back too so they might still throw it sparingly. Either way ill be there to cheer the team and the coaching staff on.

I actually think NB could be a bit more diverse as well. I felt they probably had the personnel to throw the ball a little bit more, especially when a team like Wall is expecting you to run the ball on a consistent basis earlier on in the game.

Stats

Yards

NB: 167

Wall: 300

Rushes

NB: 28-127

Wall: 56-300

Passing

NB: 5-14-2 (40 yards)

Wall: 0-0-0

I totally understand that the bread and butter for NB is going to be pounding the rock, but I think they have that potential to do a little more through the air.

As far as the state championship, I have Wall Vs. Hallettsville right now, but this is one of those years where I feel anywhere from 10-15 teams can probably compete for that championship. Wall did lose some key pieces and they do have an undefeated JV coming up, Now, I make some people upset with this, but I don't believe the competition level from region I and some parts of region IV is the same as some of the east and central Texas districts. Wall is just superior to pretty much everyone in that area right now. I believe their entire football program lost 2 games last year (7th-varsity).

Wall is going to be the favorite in region I. Eastland was the only team close to them last year, and they are gone. Shallowater lost the house, so you are looking at someone like Muleshoe, Littlefield or maybe Bangs being that team trying to knock them off, but I don't see that happening.

In region II, is will be NB/DF or one of about 5 teams from the D5 (Whitesboro, Pottsboro, Farmersville, Van Alstyne, Pilot Point). Right now I have NB. Region III could be wide open. The Yoemen will be talented, but very young. Troy, Glen Rose, Rockdale, Lago Vista, Malakoff, Teague, Kirbyville or Grandview could all have their say. Hallettsville should easily win region IV. Hempstead, Altair Rice, Edna or someone like Aransas Pass will be their toughest competition, but they should be favored by 21 over any of them.

Luckily, the season is just around the corner. There are some big non-district games out there.

Y'all do realize Wall lost their best player, the guy that made them go, right? Who is going to get that first down when it's 3rd and short now? You could bet the house last year and you still weren't going to stop Dacy, even the all stars of the state didn't completely shut him down. Someone might fill his shoes, but they won't be as talented as he was...

Y'all do realize Wall lost their best player, the guy that made them go, right? Who is going to get that first down when it's 3rd and short now? You could bet the house last year and you still weren't going to stop Dacy, even the all stars of the state didn't completely shut him down. Someone might fill his shoes, but they won't be as talented as he was...

I agree with you rubberhammer. Dacy made that offense go and ran that offense to perfection. You don't see many high school qb's who can that offense as good as Dacy did. He will be tough to replace.

I know it's early and I don't know how it's going to come out. But, with Daingerfield's tough pre-district schedule they will be very well tested.

If they are not all on injured reserve, I think they will be quite ready for anything thrown at them in District, including New Boston.

I don't think anyone has a tougher pre-district schedule?

Here is my thought on the district. NB and DF in top two spots as always. Redwater has been the solid 3rd place team in the last few years....even "winning" district a few years before that. Why would you put anyone else above that 3rd spot? Redwater beat Winnsboro in the playoffs last year convincingly. We know RW has had MV's number EVERY year. What other team in district made NB or DF work for their wins? I saw DF and NB cruise through some teams in the playoffs last year.

RW gave Pottsboro everthing they wanted in a 15-14 loss(tie or go for the win moment after a 2+ hour rain delay.) We all know how Pottsboro thinks they are a power in 2A.

Year after year RW has come to fight. Again, why think you'll get anything less out of them this year. Winnsboro hasn't proved ANYTHING, and MV.....well we know what they have done since dropping down to our district.

Here is my thought on the district. NB and DF in top two spots as always. Redwater has been the solid 3rd place team in the last few years....even "winning" district a few years before that. Why would you put anyone else above that 3rd spot? Redwater beat Winnsboro in the playoffs last year convincingly. We know RW has had MV's number EVERY year. What other team in district made NB or DF work for their wins? I saw DF and NB cruise through some teams in the playoffs last year.

RW gave Pottsboro everthing they wanted in a 15-14 loss(tie or go for the win moment after a 2+ hour rain delay.) We all know how Pottsboro thinks they are a power in 2A.

Year after year RW has come to fight. Again, why think you'll get anything less out of them this year. Winnsboro hasn't proved ANYTHING, and MV.....well we know what they have done since dropping down to our district.

Redwater might not ever be the most talented team but they always got a lot of grit and heart. Those boys in redwater plays everyone tough and makes you earn a win. It's always fun watching the dragons play their style of offense. Good luck to the dragons this year. Hopefully y'all won't depleted by injuries once again. Hate to see a teams season being put in jeopardy due to injuries and such.