3A-1 Region II District 7

MuleSlicks

• Replies 222
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does any one know the last time that the Winnsboro Red Raiders beat the Tigers? I am thinking in the mid 90's.

Sorry BRF I haven't been on in a few days. The year was 1999, Pinnell's first year as head coach. Also, beat Mt Vernon, forced a 3 way tie for District Championship, and made the playoffs, all for the first time in 25 or so years.

No worries..... Even without a vast amount of starters returning, you can still use the word perennial and fill in the blank..... Example: perennial district champion, perennial state title contender..... Anything less would be uncivilized.

+1 Thronekeeper. Since 08 the Tigers have heard that same old song about how they will be down the next or upcoming season. The Tigers return enough to remain a contender in 3A football, period. Expect the Tigers to go 7-3 maybe 6-4 into the playoffs and then start their run which can go either way. So before before all the "what's going in Daingerfield" topics get started, understand this regime is not really concerned with entering district with a undefeated record. The Tigers play all but 1 schools that nearly double or triple their enrollment. Naysayers just sit around until the dust settles and then jump back on the Tiger train, we may save ya a seat by the equipment or something.

+1 Thronekeeper. Since 08 the Tigers have heard that same old song about how they will be down the next or upcoming season. The Tigers return enough to remain a contender in 3A football, period. Expect the Tigers to go 7-3 maybe 6-4 into the playoffs and then start their run which can go either way. So before before all the "what's going in Daingerfield" topics get started, understand this regime is not really concerned with entering district with a undefeated record. The Tigers play all but 1 schools that nearly double or triple their enrollment. Naysayers just sit around until the dust settles and then jump back on the Tiger train, we may save ya a seat by the equipment or something.

PREACH IT BROTHER WOLFE...........PREACH IT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :coolio:

I haven't seen not heard anything about Redwater. Praying for an injury free year first and foremost. I'm sure they are still running that ball hog offense. The JV was undefeated last year so I'm hoping those kids can make a positive impact this year..... Or at least some of them.

I feel like Winnsboro has done a pretty decent job of scheduling some fairly tough opponents for scrimmages and pre-district. Should be able to find out a lot about this team during that stretch. Praying for safety and health for all teams through these tough weeks of practice and scrimmages.

1. New Boston (5-0)

2. Daingerfield (4-1)

3. Redwater (3-2)

4. Winnsboro (2-3)

5. Mount Vernon (1-4)

6. Prairiand (0-5)

Agree if all remain healthy. NB struggled on O against Waskom but I was told their 2 senior offensive linemen didn't play. Gave me a little relief. Never overlook DF. Big mistake if u do

NB will be fine, I remember not too long ago we beat Gilmer in a scrimmage....those practice games are exactly that, practice. Skelton and Lee will both be ready for Atlanta, not sure if they will play vs. HS, just know they got held out only as a precaution.

I wonder how Dfield and Jefferson turned out?

NB will be fine, I remember not too long ago we beat Gilmer in a scrimmage....those practice games are exactly that, practice. Skelton and Lee will both be ready for Atlanta, not sure if they will play vs. HS, just know they got held out only as a precaution.

1 - 1 patty - cake, hardly football contest

Anyone know how the Commerce/Winnsboro scrimmage went last night?

Winnsboro did alright, no one was hurt, so that is a plus. Offense moved the ball a little, but still have a lot of room to improve, especially on the o-line. The defense didn't do as good, the secondary was getting picked apart. Winnsboro scored once on a long touchdown pass to king the tightend, while commerce scored on a long drive and a long touchdown pass.

1 - 1 patty - cake, hardly football contest

Bambino, you got any news for me on last nights scrimmage with Cooper?

They played better last night. No injuries, and the offense moved the ball pretty well. The secondary still needs work, they gave up a long passing TD to cooper and that was their only score. But Winnsboro scored on a long run. Winnsboro also did good in the live quarter. They drove the ball down the field for a score on their first drive and then held cooper to a 3 and out, they were driving the ball deep into cooper's territory before the quarter expired. If they can fix the secondary, they will be fine.