Best Quarterback in East Texas?

headhunter02

Yes, that's for sure! The new Whitehouse qb must be pretty good; he led them to the championship at state 7 on 7.

I'm not sure 7 on 7 is a perfect gauge on how well a QB will do when defense players are trying to hurt him.

A good QB responds well under pressure. Even Troy Aiklman's 1st year was spent getting sacked and trying to make something out of nothing.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Underrated been about 4 years since we had an elite qb I hope for the same results.

He's bigger, faster, stronger, and a better passer than the last two standout QBs that Henderson has had (Barnes, Jenkins). A good student and team leader. Any college coach's dream.

I can see how that 3-7 record a year ago is gonna get him a lot of looks. Saben will be salivating.

Yeah, I agree. I don't know why he made the defense give up so many points, and refused to block for himself on the offensive line. Dadgum quarterbacks are so lazy nowadays. sBghOXk.gif

Put him in Whitehouse and I guarantee you'd see Mahomes-like stats/results. A good supporting cast is everything in team sports. I'm certain you know that, and I suspect you're just trolling.

Trey Cumbie not only the best in East Texas but the entire state. 16-0.

LOL. Guess I'll play this game too.

Going into his third season as starter for the Longview Lobos after breaking school passing TD records last season and will soon hold every passing record in Lobo history (barring any injuries of course)...I nominate this guy. Dez Chumley.

13931064278_6efd5f79de.jpg

Going into his third season as starter for the Longview Lobos after breaking school passing TD records last season and will soon hold every passing record in Lobo history (barring any injuries of course)...I nominate this guy. Dez Chumley.

happy0030.gif

Of course I'm biased.... but Carter McCown has all the tools. Someone earlier said "it's in his blood" and while that may be true, he works hard at the game. Studies it. And he is about to start his 3rd year at QB in the same system. He's also bigger, faster, and stronger. Several colleges are in the radar... first things first, though. Expecting big things for JVille offense in 2014.

Y'all've had good selections too but Aaron Arden was just a 10th grader and he was 105 for 216 passing with 11TD's an only 12 INT's. He had a 64 QB rating and will just be a Junior in 2014-15.

Surprised no mention of Teague's Austin Skinner. Not really an east Texas kid, but can sling it with the best of them.

Crockett's Case Robinson should also be set up for a breakout year if he can get a little time to throw.

Good question, this is the rubric I'm using—in order from least important to most important:

1.) Statistics: they say numbers don't lie, but that's a lie too. Some kids benefit from being in a good system with a stellar supporting cast.

2.) Raw Talent: this is what the kid was born with. It could be height, build, or speed. Some kids are blessed to surpass 6-feet, with big hands and quick feet.

3.) Intangibles: sometimes a kid just shows an innate ability to lead their team, to find the open receiver under pressure, to make the right play at just the right time.

4.) Work Ethic: this is what the kid has done with his talent. Some just coast and don't push themselves to improve. The best are the ones who are both blessed with raw skills and work tirelessly to refine them.

Just trying to get Cumbie some pub. Personally Im in favor of the Kordell Rodgers movement He is the future imo. I actually think his athletic ability will compensate for what he lacks in experience over Cumbie but it wont happen. Rodgers will atleast provide a good target for Cumbie.

off topic question How good is Chumley in baseball ?

off topic question How good is Chumley in baseball ?

Better than he is in football from what I've heard, which is saying something for sure. That's his favorite sport that started several rumors that he is quitting football to play baseball only. But clearly hasn't happened.

Better than he is in football from what I've heard, which is saying something for sure. That's his favorite sport that started several rumors that he is quitting football to play baseball only. But clearly hasn't happened.

Yep. Visited A&M recently for baseball and some pro teams are even rumbling about draft.

He'd be at least a 3* QB if he dedicated solely to QB though. I know folks are keying a lot on Hasty offensively since he's a national recruit, but a QB going into his third season as a starter is bound to have a BIG season.

My favorite stat..2-0 against Lufkin as a varsity starter :). Did lose to them as a freshman though. Hmm.

Just trying to get Cumbie some pub. Personally Im in favor of the Kordell Rodgers movement He is the future imo. I actually think his athletic ability will compensate for what he lacks in experience over Cumbie but it wont happen. Rodgers will atleast provide a good target for Cumbie.

Cordell will get his touches occasionally from the QB position. The difference is much of the O group coming back this year have been with Cumbie since they were freshman. Everybody has expectations for Rogers, not disputing he has talent but he also has only played freshman ball. He is not a Reggie McNeal IMO, he has the same skill set and he will be the QB for Lufkin in 2015-2016.So we will see. Everyone said that Ashford Ayers was the next Reggie too, NO! Cumbie will no doubt face some pretty good counterparts in this new district, hopefully it will bring out the best in him. The quarterback position has not been the problem for Lufkin the pass 2 or 3 years, or has the offense in general. You fix that defense somehow and you have a contender IMO. We will find that out in a few weeks.