Best Quarterback in East Texas?

headhunter02

You can throw Jackson Tyner from Edgewood in the convo. 6'4.5" 225 committed to Rice and now getting some baseball interest on the mound.

Hoping he sticks with Rice. Way more valuable in the long run. Allbig8 might need to borrow some money one day.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

IMG_3076.jpg

The kid on the left is QB JD Taylor tons of potential he will be a star by the end of his junior season. The kid on the right is Braylon Roberts who in his own way is a miracle. He will be a force this season at OLB for us very emotional hard hitter!

Yep. Visited A&M recently for baseball and some pro teams are even rumbling about draft.

He'd be at least a 3* QB if he dedicated solely to QB though. I know folks are keying a lot on Hasty offensively since he's a national recruit, but a QB going into his third season as a starter is bound to have a BIG season.

My favorite stat..2-0 against Lufkin as a varsity starter :). Did lose to them as a freshman though. Hmm.

He will lose as a senior too....*coughs*

IMG_3076.jpg

The kid on the left is QB JD Taylor tons of potential he will be a star by the end of his junior season. The kid on the right is Braylon Roberts who in his own way is a miracle. He will be a force this season at OLB for us very emotional hard hitter!

Good to see #10 healed.

Can't wait to watch that dude?

Cordell will get his touches occasionally from the QB position. The difference is much of the O group coming back this year have been with Cumbie since they were freshman. Everybody has expectations for Rogers, not disputing he has talent but he also has only played freshman ball. He is not a Reggie McNeal IMO, he has the same skill set and he will be the QB for Lufkin in 2015-2016.So we will see. Everyone said that Ashford Ayers was the next Reggie too, NO! Cumbie will no doubt face some pretty good counterparts in this new district, hopefully it will bring out the best in him. The quarterback position has not been the problem for Lufkin the pass 2 or 3 years, or has the offense in general. You fix that defense somehow and you have a contender IMO. We will find that out in a few weeks.

I didn't...lol, but I agree about the problems on the defense. It doesn't matter how good our offense will be this season, if the defense can't cover or tackle. I do believe that If we're able to solve those problems on the defense, then we'll have a team that's capable of making a run past the thanksgiving holidays imo. We'll definitely have the talent to make a run.

However GT makes some good points about Kordell athletic abilities. The Qb position has been inconsistent for the last few years, even under Cox who managed the games well and Stubb who started to play better in the later part of that season. Cumbie is a solid Qb, but I think we could be more versatile on offense, if we had a Qb that could hurt teams through the air and on the ground. The experience from this season could be vital to his development also, if he's the Qb for the future.

No way people!!! Why do you think they call it "Edgewood"? It's literally on the "edge" of the "woods"; ie: the Piney Woods. Hence, it is on the edge of real East Texas! Spangler needs to get out of the real East Texas with that talk!!!

No way people!!! Why do you think they call it "Edgewood"? It's literally on the "edge" of the "woods"; ie: the Piney Woods. Hence, it is on the edge of real East Texas! Spangler needs to get out of the real East Texas with that talk!!!

Yes and it actually got it's name from being a settlement where Canton and Wills Point met to fight it out for the County Seat of Van Zandt. They were meeting at the Edge of the woods and the name kinda stuck. This was also back when Van Zandt actually rescinded from the state of Texas and the United States.

Better than he is in football from what I've heard, which is saying something for sure. That's his favorite sport that started several rumors that he is quitting football to play baseball only. But clearly hasn't happened.

I wish more young black kids would pick the game up. I went to a lot of baseball tournaments this spring my 9 year old played 47 games to be exact and no team I saw had more then one if any except ours my son and another one who's dad happens to be the DC at Killeen High. I understand select ball can be expensive but its really staggering to me.

I wish more young black kids would pick the game up. I went to a lot of baseball tournaments this spring my 9 year old played 47 games to be exact and no team I saw had more then one if any except ours my son and another one who's dad happens to be the DC at Killeen High. I understand select ball can be expensive but its really staggering to me.

He spends every summer in Florida doing summer baseball, plays for the Texas Prospects. Reason why he wasn't available for much of Longview's 7 on 7 sessions this summer.

I would want my son to play baseball for one reason...it pays more. Funny how our most popular sport is the least paid.

I would want my son to play baseball for one reason...it pays more. Funny how our most popular sport is the least paid.

Not to mention baseball contracts are 100% guranteed. My two oldest really enjoy the sport and are really good at it. It is going to be intresting to see what Chumley chooses to do at the next level.

Of course I'm biased.... but Carter McCown has all the tools. Someone earlier said "it's in his blood" and while that may be true, he works hard at the game. Studies it. And he is about to start his 3rd year at QB in the same system. He's also bigger, faster, and stronger. Several colleges are in the radar... first things first, though. Expecting big things for JVille offense in 2014.

still in his blood. You can work a mule to death but will never win the Kentucky derby. Carter is a great kid does work hard and will play college ball. Hope we have a defense to go along with the O.

Look for Arps QB Justin Johnson 6'2 180 lbs to put up some big numbers this years. He's a heck of an athlete. I don't expect him to be the best in East texas by far but I do expect him to put up some big numbers thru the air with the group of seasoned WR's he will have returning.

There is no "easing" back into the season for you, is there!!! LOL!! Welcome back!

GO LOBOS!!

Lmao......you know I have to take my early shots at the wannabe Beasts of the East.

I'll see you Lobos in August though. I heard Wolf was coming to Abe this time. It should be fun with both teams being ranked again..

Lmao......you know I have to take my early shots at the wannabe Beasts of the East.

I'll see you Lobos in August though. I heard Wolf was coming to Abe this time. It should be fun with both teams being ranked again..

I hope I can make it down for this one. It has been like 4 years since I watched a Lufkin vs Longview game in person. I hate living in Harker Heights when football season rolls around.I tried my best to come back home. But you should know the drill by now if I cant make it 007. Just grab the play chart and start dialing it up.

On paper it looks like 16-5A will have a few good QB's this year and some potent offenses. Ennis, Whitehouse, Nacogdoches, Jacksonville and Lufkin should have lots of fire power. The key is who will have the D to go with those offenses. Ennis, Nacogdoches, Jacksonville and Lufkin all return their starters from last year while Whitehouse will have a new signal caller and if what he did at the State 7 on 7 is any indication, then they don't lose much from last year, Lufkin has some depth at QB with Cumbie, Rogers and Abney all able to run the Pack offense. The key is who can play defense.

Besides Longview, we know they are set, who are some of the better QB in 15-5A?