• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It's Gilmer.

They'll execute.

There's still question marks before comparing this team to teams in the past. Namely, we don't know for sure how good our O-line will be. They will be good, but how good. To be compared to the best offenses will depend on what happens in the trenches, and on the turnover ratio. We don't put the cart before the horses. I prefer to not compare teams until AFTER their season is completed. That's just the way I roll.

There's still question marks before comparing this team to teams in the past. Namely, we don't know for sure how good our O-line will be. They will be good, but how good. To be compared to the best offenses will depend on what happens in the trenches, and on the turnover ratio. We don't put the cart before the horses. I prefer to not compare teams until AFTER their season is completed. That's just the way I roll.

Spoken like a true sandbagger.

lol

16-5A has their share of QB's..that's for sure.

Cumbie at Lufkin, Geo at JT, McCown at Jacksonville..and you know Whitehouse will have another good QB as they always do.

Whitehouse QB this year is Jackson Allen.

I have officially jumped off the Cumbie band wagon until he shows me something. This kid had

all the hype and did not deliver. While his weapons may have been limited at times last season he still had enough outside the Atascocita game where Ill admit he was in a rough spot.

I have officially jumped off the Cumbie band wagon until he shows me something. This kid had

all the hype and did not deliver. While his weapons may have been limited at times last season he still had enough outside the Atascocita game where Ill admit he was in a rough spot.

where was his sidekick Pokey at during all this turmoil?

Will be a pretty powerful offense. Can we maybe say best offense Gilmers ever had?

Give me thru Week 5...we will know what we got by then...we have had some teams...one of my very favorite teams was 2009...2004 wasn't bad either

Regardless of what some Lufkin fans may think, Trey Cumbie will do well this year and has a great supporting cast around him. He may not be considered by most the dual threat a normal spread offense employees, however, he can keep you honest enough with his feet when needed. Longview probably has the kid everyone is watching but he, like Cumbie is a big baseball player too. Cumbie, a pitcher, may be leaning toward baseball after high school and I think that is why some Lufkin fans don't think he fits and want Soph Cordell Rodgers, who is full time football, to be the QB. I disagree, I think he will have a great senior year. Rogers will get his chance in 15-16.

10547501_615220385242654_8471512756381298124_n.jpg

Carter reads the defense from the option very well, is a lot faster than he looks, and is a great kid....but no where near the best QB in ET. Doesn't mean he won't win a title along with those other 3 guys that ran for over 1000 yards each last year.

Carter reads the defense from the option very well, is a lot faster than he looks, and is a great kid....but no where near the best QB in ET. Doesn't mean he won't win a title along with those other 3 guys that ran for over 1000 yards each last year.

Waskom doesn't throw the ball that much but Carter is standing at 6'3" 175 with very good speed I think the QB they are talking about is both a thrower and a runner but for Waskom's offense Carter is a perfect fit and as Cottontop said he is very tough, plays LB also.

It is all a matter of opinion who the best one is. I know a lot of you guys think the best has to be from a big school and that is ok. I am not gonna tell anyone else that their opinion is wrong. No one really knows who the best is anyway. I thought this was a list of the best not the definitive best. By the way his name was at the very beginning of the forum.

Regardless of what some Lufkin fans may think, Trey Cumbie will do well this year and has a great supporting cast around him. He may not be considered by most the dual threat a normal spread offense employees, however, he can keep you honest enough with his feet when needed. Longview probably has the kid everyone is watching but he, like Cumbie is a big baseball player too. Cumbie, a pitcher, may be leaning toward baseball after high school and I think that is why some Lufkin fans don't think he fits and want Soph Cordell Rodgers, who is full time football, to be the QB. I disagree, I think he will have a great senior year. Rogers will get his chance in 15-16.

I hope he has a great SR year but if he struggles early I think we will see Kordell.