headhunter02

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

• 5 months later...

everybody says the Ross kid is better...

He is. But good things have been seen out of Cam as well.

Fully expect them to push each other during spring. Will be the most interesting QB battle I've probably seen at LV in my lifetime.

He is. But good things have been seen out of Cam as well.

Fully expect them to push each other during spring. Will be the most interesting QB battle I've probably seen at LV in my lifetime.

wish somebody push the "staff"...

But I have no expectations or any more dreams of glory.

We are hunting for a new Q B this season...Carter is moving to San Antonio & will be playing for Incarnate Word...left handed QB that couldn't get looks because he is left handed & some asked how do you coach a south paw...Traylor said to look in a mirror...he did finish the year going down in the books as possibly the best QB ever in Buckeye Land...4,453 yds rushing, 4,110 yds passing, 125 TD's & 298 passes, 221 completions, 3 Interceptions...and he did it all in 35 Quarters (in Tatum, Gladewater, & SC West Orange was the only time he played in the second half)...he never seemed to get rattled & just delivered.

We are hunting for a new Q B this season...Carter is moving to San Antonio & will be playing for Incarnate Word...left handed QB that couldn't get looks because he is left handed & some asked how do you coach a south paw...Traylor said to look in a mirror...he did finish the year going down in the books as possibly the best QB ever in Buckeye Land...4,453 yds rushing, 4,110 yds passing, 125 TD's & 298 passes, 221 completions, 3 Interceptions...and he did it all in 35 Quarters (in Tatum, Gladewater, & SC West Orange was the only time he played in the second half)...he never seemed to get rattled & just delivered.

Wow! I can think of a few good left handed QB's: Steve Young, Ken Stabler, Todd Maranovich (high school, college).

uhhhh... no

Your reasoning behind why he wasn't recruited by big schools is pretty naive. Him being left-handed had nothing to do with why schools didn't come look at him. When a receiver catches a screen pass on their own 20 and makes a couple guys miss and takes it 80 to the house, the QB gets all 80 of those yards credited to him. Now, I'm not saying the kid didn't throw it down the field at all, but his throwing motion looked weird to me and his arm didn't seem that strong.

Your reasoning behind why he wasn't recruited by big schools is pretty naive. Him being left-handed had nothing to do with why schools didn't come look at him. When a receiver catches a screen pass on their own 20 and makes a couple guys miss and takes it 80 to the house, the QB gets all 80 of those yards credited to him. Now, I'm not saying the kid didn't throw it down the field at all, but his throwing motion looked weird to me and his arm didn't seem that strong.

His being left-handed was the "excuse" given by a couple of D1 recruiters. Whether that is the real reason or not doesn't matter. The thing is, the boy CAN throw the ball a long ways with accuracy, short with touch, thread the needle, makes good decisions, and has all the qualities that make for a great QB. Obviously, you only saw him in limited action. I saw him all season, and his statistics don't lie. I saw him throw quite a few 50+ yard bombs that were right on the money. As a matter of fact, he rarely missed anybody who was open. There were a few times where the receiver just didn't catch it when it was right in his hands, too. He's not, and never will be, a dual threat QB, but he will be a very good pocket passer. Personally, I think Incarnate Word is getting at least a 3-star, maybe even a 4-star QB, and I've seen a LOT of HS QBs in my lifetime.

His being left-handed was the "excuse" given by a couple of D1 recruiters. Whether that is the real reason or not doesn't matter. The thing is, the boy CAN throw the ball a long ways with accuracy, short with touch, thread the needle, makes good decisions, and has all the qualities that make for a great QB. Obviously, you only saw him in limited action. I saw him all season, and his statistics don't lie. I saw him throw quite a few 50+ yard bombs that were right on the money. As a matter of fact, he rarely missed anybody who was open. There were a few times where the receiver just didn't catch it when it was right in his hands, too. He's not, and never will be, a dual threat QB, but he will be a very good pocket passer. Personally, I think Incarnate Word is getting at least a 3-star, maybe even a 4-star QB, and I've seen a LOT of HS QBs in my lifetime.

What he said! He can play!

Imo I dont think Marshalls Justin Hart gets enough credit. He will be a 4 year varsity starter next year and led district 15-5a in passing last season. Marshall doesnt run very many screens either. Next year will be his 3rd different offensive cordinator in 4 years. If he were 3 inches taller he would be heavily recruited.

lol 3-4 star? come onnnnnnnnnn mannnnnnn

Carter is a great QB saw him play 3 times. Yes Gilmer throws a lot of screens but don't think he can't throw the ball all over the field. He is accurate and has a good arm on him. Not an elite arm, but still a good one. Not a 4 star prospect though. That's a stretch. But the kid is listed 6'3 and is a good decision maker. Plus he has great composure. Watched him play against Gladewater and heard he wasn't rattled or nervous one bit on Gilmers game winning drive. I think the kid could have played D1 football. Good luck to him!