How Do You Fix The Rangers For 2015?

Stoney

First thing is I would wait and see how the injuries heal, then go from there. Harrison's done. He will certainly need to be replaced. I would probably trade Rios for a pitcher if one is available worth the trade. Next I would trade Profar, extend Odor, and if Fielder isn't ready yet, bring up Gallo until he is ready to go. I would reevaluate Feliz during the winter. If he continues to improve either move him into the closer spot and trade Soria, or if his recovery going too slow, use him as a set-up man and keep Soria to close. Finally, I would stop with the lean muscle regiment training and encourage more Babe Ruth, Don Baylor, John Kruk, Mo Vaughn, Fernando Valenzuela, David Wells, Terry Pendleton, Kirby Puckett, and Frank Thomas type physiques. How many times did those guys pull a hammy, strain a groin, snap a tendon, or tear a quad? Broken bones would be unheard of with the extra cushion.

Don't you guys think the most trade value for Soria is now, not in offseason.

You probably have a point, but I wouldn't pull that trigger until I had another closer in place....or at least an idea for one.

Well before the failed starter bid I loved Tanner in that role.

Nothing wrong with trying him there, but in your opinion, did he have enough experience in the majors to prove to you that he could do it?

Just getting healthy makes the offense better. I'm not sure what you're going to get for Rios. If I remember right, we've got a club option on him and I don't see us having a better piece for the money. As far as improving pitching, I'd rather get a couple of guys as opposed to throwing a giant deal at Lester or Scherzer. Iwakuma and Masterson would fit nicely in the rotation and I believe they are both free agents. I do think we've got to make a move with a middle infielder. I'm leary of giving up on Profar. He was the #1 prospect in the minors a year and a half ago. He didn't just forget how to play baseball or lose the talent he had. Some guys take longer to click. I hate to say if but Elvis probably has the most trade value.

Masterson has struggled this year but his stuff has been good at times. I think the Colby comparison is actually fair because I think his make up is similar mentally. If he can give you what Colby gave us before the injuries, is take that as a number 4 starter. Agree on the middle infielders on the farm. Hopefully they learned from their handling of Profar and either move the young ones or if they believe they're ready for the show, bring them up and move whoever is in front of them. If Feliz comes back, he's my closer. I'm assuming he fired whoever told him being a starter was a good idea and is going to be happy in the bullpen.

Just getting healthy makes the offense better. I'm not sure what you're going to get for Rios. If I remember right, we've got a club option on him and I don't see us having a better piece for the money. As far as improving pitching, I'd rather get a couple of guys as opposed to throwing a giant deal at Lester or Scherzer. Iwakuma and Masterson would fit nicely in the rotation and I believe they are both free agents. I do think we've got to make a move with a middle infielder. I'm leary of giving up on Profar. He was the #1 prospect in the minors a year and a half ago. He didn't just forget how to play baseball or lose the talent he had. Some guys take longer to click. I hate to say if but Elvis probably has the most trade value.

I would entertain that option without any problem. Of the three, I think Odor is the only one I wouldn't consider dealing. Elvis' only major attribute has turned out to be his defense. That's great, and all, but I think Odor has just as good stuff as he does, defensively. I'm not sold on Profar. Hype means nothing to me. ie: Justin Smoak.

Its time for a change at the helm. Wash needs to be put out to pasture. Some of u may not agree but i believe the players are just to relaxed and not being held accountable. Trade Profar for a solid utility replacement. If Fielder is not 100 percent DH him. Talk to Beltre about a 1st base move and let gallo have a shot at 3rd base. If beltre turns that down then keep gallo in AAA for 2015. I think we need to cut our losses with Moreland, Harrison, Soto. Keep Elvis and Odor in the middle of the ballfield. Choo and Martin spots are safe. If cant find a taker for Rios at the trade deadline keep his option for 2015. Rotation needs some work. Keep Holland out for the rest of this year. Yu, Holland, Martinez, Perez, should have their spots maintained. The TV rights deal money come in affect this next year. We will have money to get another starter and bullpen help.

I Wasnt very high on the profar stock. You took a chance this year to see him and didnt. Odor I believe will be the better player in the long run. Elvis can be the stability of the team that is needed. Thats why i think it is important as a team to have gallos at 3rd, Andrus at short, and Odor at 2nd. It can be the same situation we were im with Young, Blalock, and Texiera. Let those 3 guys grow together and mature. Beltre is 34 or 36 i forget. Dh him or let him and prince trade out at 1st.

Thats the thing on profar we havent seen him at the major leahue level really. He was one heck of a minor league player for sure but come on now. Like you said beltre is in his prime why are you going to wait for a young guy who could possibly play or not. Odor will have more service time than him. Another point like u said was has put in time with odor at 2nd. Why put in the time if ur just going tp send the kid off because possibly profar can be a stand out. Trade him while his stock has not been blemished. Prospects come and go. Its a high risk reward when it comes to trading them. Should of pulled the deal with the caedinals on their top prospect outfielder for profar.

Feliz loved the idea of a starter because of $$$$$$$$$$$$

That was JD's call, heard it from the mouth of Jackie Moore, himself! Even after being warned by Hawkins and Maddux that he didn't have the work ethic to stay healthy as a starter. Ogando, same situation....

That was JD's call, heard it from the mouth of Jackie Moore, himself! Even after being warned by Hawkins and Maddux that he didn't have the work ethic to stay healthy as a starter. Ogando, same situation....

That's the thing that has really bothered me. Quit trying to make relievers into starters. You had the makings of a great young bullpen with Feliz, Scheppers and Ross. Now look at'em. Your hoping and praying they'll comeback.

I didn't know this, I am going off a dmn article.

But you can't want to trade Profar for a solid utility player?

No way, I agree with you. Profar is worth a front of the rotation guy. Definitely not a utility player, whoever said that is just naive. I don't think he'll get a David price/ max scherzer deal by himself, but he's not far from it. Maybe add a good young arm with Profar and they could easily land a scherzer type free agent. If they're gonna trade Profar, it needs to happen this offseason at the latest.

I also think it's time for Moreland to go. I don't think JD will get much for him either.