How Do You Fix The Rangers For 2015?

Stoney

I agree with you on Moreland. If Gallo continues to progress I'd rather see him getting some spot time at 1B/DH. He's playing 3B in Frisco but he's going to project out as a 1B. I still think we don't know enough about Profar to give up on him yet. He's been top shelf every where he's been. Last year he played every position on the field except pitcher and catcher. The super utility position is hard for experienced players let alone a rookie. Odor has played pretty much the same position day in and day out since he's been up and his numbers don't project out a whole lot better than Profar last year if I remember right.

Soria gone to Detroit for prospects. And so it begins.

Its time for a change at the helm. Wash needs to be put out to pasture. Some of u may not agree but i believe the players are just to relaxed and not being held accountable. Trade Profar for a solid utility replacement. If Fielder is not 100 percent DH him. Talk to Beltre about a 1st base move and let gallo have a shot at 3rd base. If beltre turns that down then keep gallo in AAA for 2015. I think we need to cut our losses with Moreland, Harrison, Soto. Keep Elvis and Odor in the middle of the ballfield. Choo and Martin spots are safe. If cant find a taker for Rios at the trade deadline keep his option for 2015. Rotation needs some work. Keep Holland out for the rest of this year. Yu, Holland, Martinez, Perez, should have their spots maintained. The TV rights deal money come in affect this next year. We will have money to get another starter and bullpen help.

Holy #### this post is full of win.

I don't get all the hate on Elvis. No he's not a high production guy, but he is a very good fielder which is the main thing for your SS. He also has a great attitude and is a dependable player who isn't hurt all the time. He is the last thing that is wrong with the Rangers. Yeah his contract is jacked up but that's a different matter.

On Beltre, the dude is a stud and my favorite Ranger....hell I've got several signed memorabilia of his including a bat. I hate to see him go, but if you can't see that he's playing on borrowed time, you are flat blind. I know the dude is a warrior for playing through minor injuries, but at his age he won't be able to do it for too much longer. As much as I hate to say it, it might be smart to try to get something in return for him now.

Others the Rangers should cut loose:

-Moreland-- sorry buddy but I kept saying don't give up on this guy but he just isn't going to cut it

-Soto-- better option already on the team

-Rios-- his value won't get any higher in his career

-Harrison-- come on this dude is done

-Lewis-- seems washed up to me

-Holland-- for general dumbassery

I'm not hating on Elvis. I believe he's a franchise SS. He's not gonna hit with the power of Troy Tulowitski but he's going to be a major league SS for a long time. I'm just saying of all the middle infield pieces the Rangers have, he's got the most value. As far as Beltre goes, he depends on where you think the Rangers are as a franchise. If you believe that they're headed into a major rebuild (see Astros of the last 2 years) then yes you move him and get as many prospects as you can. If you think like I do, that injuries decimated this team and if you're healthy, you're not that far away. Then you keep him and try to pick up a finishing piece or two. He's a cornerstone bat in any line up and when he starts to lose a step in the field, he should have no problem transitioning to a regular DH.

• 1 month later...

Here's a good question for 2015 - assuming Andrus is still a Ranger (which I hope he is and is highly likely), what do you do about the 2B job? Profar will be back healthy, but Odor did a great job this season, and Sardinas has shown a great deal of promise, as well.

Think one of the above will be dealt? All interesting questions heading into 2015.

Rockies have a young kid coming up named Trevor Story. He's the same player as Tulo. I've seen him play quite a bit. He came up to Double this summer after struggling a bit early, then levelled off. If I'm the GM of the Rangers, I'm sending Profar and Sardineas before Odor. Odor hit .260ish and hovered around .275 for the better part of the summer. That is really good for a guy in his first summer. Maybe somebody will give up a good pitcher for Profar. I'd be skeptical of him though, he hasn't made a summer without getting hurt...

Odor's issue to me is he has such a huge swing. .254 right now with 65 Ks and only 15 walks means he needs to improve plate discipline. I like him and have no issue with him and Profar battling it out. Not sure if Story is that good why they would trade him for any of these guys. Plus trade one middle infielder for another helps.

No I'm saying Story is the next guy up for Colorado to play SS. He's not Tulo...yet. But he has a chance to be. Kid is smart and works as hard as anyone I've ever been around.

Darvish, Perez and Holland are your big 3 in the rotation. You have to figure out what to do with final 2 spots. Do you bring Colby Lewis back or do you let him walk? Do you go young with arms from the farm system, spend in free agency or trade one of the IF prospects for an arm?

What do you do with the bullpen? Is Feliz your closer? If not, where do you go? Can Scheppers and Ross return to form? Ogando?

Whats the plan for the OF? Choo, Martin, Rios/Choice? Let Rios go and pick up a bat in FA? Do you DH Choo? If you DH Choo what do you with Fielder? Keep him at first?

Do you sign a DH? You have a need at RF, LF and 1B if you go with Choo or Fielder DHing and Rios walking. Do you give those at bats to the kids like Choice and Gallo, if/when his September callup happens?

Whose the oddman out in the middle infield?Andrus, Odor or Profar. Andrus will be a pain to move with his contract. Odor needs a little more seasoning but did a good job of holding his own this year. Profar is the unicorn. Supposedly awesome but you havent seen it to believe it.

Is Chirenos, Gimenez and the rest of the catching crew enough to get you through the season. A catcher who can handle a pitching staff is great. A catcher than get you.270/20/80 is great too. What are you willing to go with?

This September call up the Nats have is impressive. Souza. He's up but the Nats have a crowded OF. Announcers saying Nats might want to move him. Choo can't DH simply because you can't be successful in the AL with a DH leading off. Martin is coming on as of late, he needs to have a complete summer next year or I'm pulling the plug on him, although he is awesome defensively. Fielder can play another year of 1b before Gallo is ready then insert Gallo at 3b or 1st, whoever is looking older defensively out of Fielder and Beltre. I don't mind keeping Rios, but you can't hit him in the 3 hole. Lewis would be ok to keep as well, as long as he's the #4, better at 5. I would love for Scheppers to be the closer, he has the stuff. Hopefully Ogando comes back healthy, he was awesome in the 8th inning when he was going good. Feliz, not sure how his repaired and then repaired again elbow is gonna hold up. I say ship Profar elsewhere and get a good starter. Not sure who is gonna give up an arm for a guy who has yet to prove he can stay healthy anywhere but the minors where they play 100 games or whatever. I like Chirinos behind the plate, closest thing we've seen to Pudge. I feel like his bat will come along. He was tops in the league in the run game control dept.