Coaches Leaving for your rival school

CutBlock

As a matter of fact...

Just this year, 3 of our coaches left for Gorman. Spencer Denmon is their new Basketball coach, Booker Bowie is the new track coach, and Chad Hlavaty is an assistant in 3 sports. But we have a few that used to coach at Gorman.

Couple years back we (Overton) had an assistant coach leave for a job in Carlisle, but he left on good terms (and he's a cool dude) so there's no hard feelings. Same with the assistant we lost this year to Beckville... but the Bearcats aren't really rivals so I don't think that counts.

Marshall and Longview seem to have a pipeline going both ways the last few years. Nothing new really.

Hmm. I don't recall Longview picking up any coaches from Marshall recently. I know Marshall picked up a former Longview offensive line coach back in 2011 but that's about it. Could be wrong.

As for Longview, DB coach Chris Lashley was recently at Lufkin 14 years before being hired at Longview in 2010. And LBs Coach Randy Huffstickler was the HC at Tyler Lee in 2012. Was on Lee's staff for 16 years.

Coach Lottinger came to Marshall with Southern in 2002. Then went to Longview while Harris was here.... and came back to Marshall in 2013 with Harper.

I think there was a JV coach that came too. But I'd have to ask about a name.