JJ's yearly top 10 3A D2- Waskom coming in at # 1

Tiger1995

If I remember correctly PP beat Arp in their first meeting and Arp won on what would be considered maybe a bad offensive call in the last few seconds of a game. Game that PP should have won. That should have been two wins. Also I am not sure CC isn't better than Newton also

We "fluked" them 42 - 13 last year .... :lol:

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I remember correctly PP beat Arp in their first meeting and Arp won on what would be considered maybe a bad offensive call in the last few seconds of a game. Game that PP should have won. That should have been two wins. Also I am not sure CC isn't better than Newton also

So you think Corrigan-Camden should be #1 above Newton and Waskom @ #8?

So you think Corrigan-Camden should be #1 above Newton and Waskom @ #8?

I didn't say that, I said I am not sure, since your in the same district that will be decided before the playoffs. Be a great game to see.

No matter the polls, JJ will forever think his ARp squad will compete for the state title!! every year!! LOL....

Yep same old rhetoric, different day, second verse. I am glad you guys get to listen to the broken record this year and not me. Have fun with it.

No matter the polls, JJ will forever think his ARp squad will compete for the state title!! every year!! LOL....

Unlike Most we are always in contention.That's what having a good program is all about. Even our down years we are a good playoff bound teams either winning distict or coming in 2nd and going 3-4 rounds deep. We've went through our rebuilding stage the last 2 years and it's my opinion Arp is coming into a primed season with experience, talent and a program. I don't really think you or anyone else really thinks Arp will be a bust this season with the athletes returning we have. We have All WRs, QB, Line minus 2, and 6 starters on defense. That's not including the sophores who rotated in and out as backups. All this in my eyes equals a very good team in 2014 for the Arp Tigers. No more and No less. I also never said anything about Arp being number 1 or did I say Arp would be state champs ( i do hope so). Only thing I pointed out was When PP was knocking on the door last year to win a playoff game our defense stepped up and made one hell of a play to stop them and take the ball back and then push that game to overtime where Arp continued to play well and win. Bottom line was no matter what excuses are made in the playoffs we won as you guys love to remind me year in and out. But i bring that on myself lol.....Arp Started it's season off last year in a Spread offense and didn't have much success. After we fell completely apart against Garrison Arp's head coach Dale Irwin made a bold move and took Arp back to it's root and got the Veer back going in Arp. I was proud to see our coach make that tough decision, it took guts! Greatfully for us and him it worked out great.

This year Arp will come into the season running its bread and butter offense that has given us year in and out success. We will not have to strictly feature MJ this year either. We have a super talented young sophomore coming up this year who amassed right at 2000 yards last year on JV. He will complete a 3 headed back field with Johnson, returning RB Baker and Medlock. Medlock is a very similar talent to MJ in build,speed and stature. Baker to me is like a Mike Potts type player, Get him in space and he's gonna be tough. Arp also returns last years sr. FB kalic Hines. Our qb will be a jr with a year under his belt now. He's 6'2 175 lbs and great young man. I've enjoyed watch this young man come up so far. He's a good veer QB who can get you with the pass as well as the run. Does all this mean we will win state....nope...but it does give us a fighting chance to compete with the best teams in 3AD2 and a chance at the cards and stars aligning and putting Arp past the 5 round for the first time sinse the Prarie days championship years ago.

Yep same old rhetoric, different day, second verse. I am glad you guys get to listen to the broken record this year and not me. Have fun with it.

Ol' saw......glad to see you tooting around still. Looks like you've missed me.

Unlike Most we are always in contention.That's what having a good program is all about. Even our down years we are a good playoff bound teams either winning distict or coming in 2nd and going 3-4 rounds deep. We've went through our rebuilding stage the last 2 years and it's my opinion Arp is coming into a primed season with experience, talent and a program. I don't really think you or anyone else really thinks Arp will be a bust this season with the athletes returning we have. We have All WRs, QB, Line minus 2, and 6 starters on defense. That's not including the sophores who rotated in and out as backups. All this in my eyes equals a very good team in 2014 for the Arp Tigers. No more and No less. I also never said anything about Arp being number 1 or did I say Arp would be state champs ( i do hope so). Only thing I pointed out was When PP was knocking on the door last year to win a playoff game our defense stepped up and made one hell of a play to stop them and take the ball back and then push that game to overtime where Arp continued to play well and win. Bottom line was no matter what excuses are made in the playoffs we won as you guys love to remind me year in and out. But i bring that on myself lol.....Arp Started it's season off last year in a Spread offense and didn't have much success. After we fell completely apart against Garrison Arp's head coach Dale Irwin made a bold move and took Arp back to it's root and got the Veer back going in Arp. I was proud to see our coach make that tough decision, it took guts! Greatfully for us and him it worked out great.

This year Arp will come into the season running its bread and butter offense that has given us year in and out success. We will not have to strictly feature MJ this year either. We have a super talented young sophomore coming up this year who amassed right at 2000 yards last year on JV. He will complete a 3 headed back field with Johnson, returning RB Baker and Medlock. Medlock is a very similar talent to MJ in build,speed and stature. Baker to me is like a Mike Potts type player, Get him in space and he's gonna be tough. Arp also returns last years sr. FB kalic Hines. Our qb will be a jr with a year under his belt now. He's 6'2 175 lbs and great young man. I've enjoyed watch this young man come up so far. He's a good veer QB who can get you with the pass as well as the run. Does all this mean we will win state....nope...but it does give us a fighting chance to compete with the best teams in 3AD2 and a chance at the cards and stars aligning and putting Arp past the 5 round for the first time sinse the Prarie days championship years ago.

Did you copy and paste this from a football magazine or newspaper?? LOL.....

nothing wrong with being a homer, we all are.... Just entertaining is all!!

Did Waskom lose any big time hosses last year?

They lost a wide receiver, center, right guard and right tackle on offense. Right defensive end, nose tackle, right defensive tackle. As far as hosses the nose tackle will be hard to replace.

I think Waskom will miss the lineman more than they think they will. Their backs are a good group of athletes that are special. Pewitt's strength this year will be like Waskom's last year with a good mixture of both good line play and backs. Can't wait to watch this one again. I know our QB who gave Waskom fits last year is bigger, faster, and stronger to go along with the lineman who are as well. Pewitt is going to miss our safety and tailback Ward. But I think our additional backs will make it easier this year.

I think Waskom will miss the lineman more than they think they will. Their backs are a good group of athletes that are special. Pewitt's strength this year will be like Waskom's last year with a good mixture of both good line play and backs. Can't wait to watch this one again. I know our QB who gave Waskom fits last year is bigger, faster, and stronger to go along with the lineman who are as well. Pewitt is going to miss our safety and tailback Ward. But I think our additional backs will make it easier this year.

Their oline this year will just as good as last year