8-4a Division 1

Hey! my team is now division II and I don't have a dog in the fight but; know a lot about most in this district (not so much about Princeton & QF). LE & Paris have to be the front runners for this district & LE should be ahead of Paris. LE is almost always loaded with talent & I believe the coaching staff will use the athletic abilities of these kids better than Brady & Brown did in the past. Paris graduated a lot last year & in the past they have tended to play up/down to the talent level of their opponent. (which generally hurts them in district, as well as the playoffs). NL will compete but fall short athletically in my opinion. The new coach will need a year or two to get them clicking. Pittsburg has been really bad the last few years & I don't see them being much better this year. QF didn't fare too well last year & I know nuthin about Princeton. Just my two cents......

Hey! my team is now division II and I don't have a dog in the fight but; know a lot about most in this district (not so much about Princeton & QF). LE & Paris have to be the front runners for this district & LE should be ahead of Paris. LE is almost always loaded with talent & I believe the coaching staff will use the athletic abilities of these kids better than Brady & Brown did in the past. Paris graduated a lot last year & in the past they have tended to play up/down to the talent level of their opponent. (which generally hurts them in district, as well as the playoffs). NL will compete but fall short athletically in my opinion. The new coach will need a year or two to get them clicking. Pittsburg has been really bad the last few years & I don't see them being much better this year. QF didn't fare too well last year & I know nuthin about Princeton. Just my two cents......

Thanks for the input. Princeton went 10-1 last year so they might be pretty good. I'm not gonna put us at top because we don't know how the QB play will turn out. Paris will be very talented again this year so I'll put them at #1

Thanks for the input. Princeton went 10-1 last year so they might be pretty good. I'm not gonna put us at top because we don't know how the QB play will turn out. Paris will be very talented again this year so I'll put them at #1

Assuming he is the same one who started on JV last year...........I think you guys will be fine. He is definitely not Donnelson or Rigsby but; he will be good.

Slight correction...This will be District 7-4A-D1. District 8 is Athens-Kaufman-Crandall, etc.

District opener (Oct 10, L-E at Paris) figures to be the key to the race. Paris brings a 17-game district win streak into the season and has used tough district-opener wins over Atlanta the past 2 years and L-E in 2011 to catapult to district titles. Princeton has the pedigree and can't be counted out.

Don't sleep on NL. They have a very talented junior class. When they were freshman they lost only 2 games by a total of 3 points and last year they were 7-0 on the jv before they were all called up to the varsity. It will be interesting to see what the new coach brings to the table coming from the college level.

I don't think Quinlan Ford can hang with the rest of the district, but NL and Pitt are both certainly able to contend with this grouping. Not much track record throughout the district with these current coaching staffs. It's the 4th year at QF; otherwise, you're looking at the 2nd year at Paris, Pitt, Princeton and 1st year at NL and L-E. Optimism doesn't automatically translate to results.

L-E graduated 33 seniors. No way they win more than five games this year with its tough schedule. Paris qb is by far best offensive weapon this year and should carry Wildcats to title. Princeton should be a factor, with L-E, Pitt and NL battling for third and fourth.

LE and Paris year in and out have the athletes,NL seems to have a perpetual .500 football team but really good in baseball ,softball,VB,Princeton has been getting better and better the last 5 years, growing community and dont sleep on QF .they run the wing t and when they have a good class of athletes they will give you fits.Pitt usually has some athletes but not as many as LE or Paris.

1.Princeton

2.LE

3.Paris

4.QF

5.NL

6.Pitt

Since dropping to 3A in 2008 Paris has managed a 26-4 district record, won 4 of 6 district titles, and is now working on a consecutive district win streak of 17. Cats traditionally use a tough pre-district schedule to prepare for district. The post-season results over that span are dismal: 1-5, but those losses were to Argyle (twice), Henderson (coming off its state title year), Kilgore, and Crandall. The Crandall loss was the only big disappointment.

Again, everyone's optimistic this time of year. I'd look at the pre-district strength of schedule to see how it correlates to preseason predictions for this district (LE/Paris, Pitt/Princeton, NL, QF):

• L-E: @ Gilmer, Mt. Pleasant, @ Arkansas, Tatum, @ Atlanta
  • NL: Commerce, Whitesboro, @ S&S, Anna, @ Van
  • Paris: @ Mt. Pleasant, Melissa, @ Tyler Chapel Hill, @ Palestine, Argyle
  • Pitt: @ Pleasant Grove, @ Gladewater, @ New Boston, Atlanta, Mt. Vernon
  • Princeton: Frisco Independence, @ FW Arlington Heights, @ Greenville, @ Crandall, Gainesville
  • Quinlan Ford: Van Alstyne, @ Commerce, Brownsboro, Pleasant Grove, @ Community

While it's true that the coach at NL, and to a lesser degree at L-E, inherited their schedules, I firmly believe coaches try to arrange their pre-district slate to align with their own expectations for their teams (as well as traditional rivalries and coaching allegiances).

New UIL alignments are always tough to get a handle on. Not like the old days when you seemed to remain with the same school configuration, and even the same number, forever. Now, I guess it's conceivable, although not likely, that you could be in a different district for each sport. BTW, it's off the topic, but I don't like having the D1/2 designation with the district name . . . too confusing for the general public to follow. I understand why the UIL does it, but I still don't like having to include it. Too much coding.

LE92: If a forum moderator can't edit the topic name, like you requested, then I'd suggest just starting a new topic with the correct 7-4A-D1 heading and letting this one wither away.

68hornet I can't believe you said only 5 wins this year. You are at least right about one thing they did graduate 30 + players . I see at least 7 wins and the other 3 will be 50/50 games depending on turnovers and defensive adjusts during game. Out with 33 in with the new excited well coached 33. KALE !!!!!! BEAT Gilmer!!!!!!

68hornet I can't believe you said only 5 wins this year. You are at least right about one thing they did graduate 30 + players . I see at least 7 wins and the other 3 will be 50/50 games depending on turnovers and defensive adjusts during game. Out with 33 in with the new excited well coached 33. KALE !!!!!! BEAT Gilmer!!!!!!

He's always negative!

LE and Paris year in and out have the athletes,NL seems to have a perpetual .500 football team but really good in baseball ,softball,VB,Princeton has been getting better and better the last 5 years, growing community and dont sleep on QF .they run the wing t and when they have a good class of athletes they will give you fits.Pitt usually has some athletes but not as many as LE or Paris.

1.Princeton

2.LE

3.Paris

4.QF

5.NL

6.Pitt

I assure you Pittsburg will not get last in district, I'm say 3rd they was young and had lots of injuries, not making no excuses, they also had some key players that didn't play a single snap or only played 2 games due to season ending injury, so with that being said I feel they will do much better than last year, only time will tell.

I assure you Pittsburg will not get last in district, I'm say 3rd they was young and had lots of injuries, not making no excuses, they also had some key players that didn't play a single snap or only played 2 games due to season ending injury, so with that being said I feel they will do much better than last year, only time will tell.

They will have to come with it everyone besides QF will be pretty good IMO

Bring the conversation to 7-4a wrong district

I do admit QF is a homer pick since they have been in our dist the past few years and enjoyed watching them play out of their wing t offense. I

do remember that Pitt beat WP in a slugfest in the playoffs and WP is traditionally stronger and have more athletes than QF. It wouldn't surprise me to see Pitt get to the playoffs this year.