LE Leopards vs Gilmer Buckeyes 2014

GTownballer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This will be tough! No predictions from me. I just want to see our guys play hard and see if they are in shape

they better be in shape! Cause yur gonna see swinging gates wide receiver passes statue liberties hook and latter fumble ruskies backwards passes double reverses...

I sure hope you L-E fans know what you're talking about. I'd love to see the Leopards beat Gilmer. The Buckeyes have won seven straight over L-E since losing in 2006. It's hard for me to see an L-E win because there's three or four kids battling for starting qb job right now. The Leopards have two very very good linebackers, but the rest of the defense is unproven and that's not good going against Gilmer's offense. L-E's speed and athleticism may keep it close and I do believe the best sophomore in the game will be a Leopard. Like I said before, hope I'm wrong about L-E having a rebuilding year, but out of 48 players from last year, only 13 are back and one of those is out with a knee injury.

I sure hope you L-E fans know what you're talking about. I'd love to see the Leopards beat Gilmer. The Buckeyes have won seven straight over L-E since losing in 2006. It's hard for me to see an L-E win because there's three or four kids battling for starting qb job right now. The Leopards have two very very good linebackers, but the rest of the defense is unproven and that's not good going against Gilmer's offense. L-E's speed and athleticism may keep it close and I do believe the best sophomore in the game will be a Leopard. Like I said before, hope I'm wrong about L-E having a rebuilding year, but out of 48 players from last year, only 13 are back and one of those is out with a knee injury.

Your right mostly i dont think anyone is saying were gonna win were just talking about keeping it close lol

The only losses that Gilmer has had in the last few years are to absolutely loaded teams that either played in or won a State Title game. Argyle, Kilgore, Navasota, Prestonwood, Carthage...... if LE is on that level then they have a chance. If not, good luck.

The only losses that Gilmer has had in the last few years are to absolutely loaded teams that either played in or won a State Title game. Argyle, Kilgore, Navasota, Prestonwood, Carthage...... if LE is on that level then they have a chance. If not, good luck.

No were not on that Level but hope to be late in the year lost 30+ seniors but we still should be talented but a lot of our kids will be playing there first Varsity game and it happens to be against Gilmer smh I'm just looking for them to play and improve as the game goes on.

On another note this is not old LE In which we uses to hold the ball and run right at Gilmer.

That being said they could potentially run away if we don't block well and receivers don't catch the ball!

True, but Gilmer was expected to kinda roll over that 2006 LE team, because Gilmer was loaded that year aswell, to our credit, all we really heard about was L.James, the Will Middlebrooks factor proved to be the dagger for us, he did everything right, dont think he threw an incompletion, ran the ball effectively, and punted better than any body in the NFL....LE returned a bunch for the 07 season, including James, but not Middlebrooks, and the Buckeyes showed up with a sophmore QB named "Stump" Godfrey, and a fairly young team, with differant results, with all that being said, anything can happen in a highschool football game! LE will show up with some great atheletes, they always do, and I do beleive the new coach will have his kids ready!

they better be in shape! Cause yur gonna see swinging gates wide receiver passes statue liberties hook and latter fumble ruskies backwards passes double reverses...

And the first time for the 40 sec clock...the depth of the Buckeyes is so deep this year...Bucs will take advantage of you...125+ snaps, fast, fast...if you are not in shape, lot's of cramps, throw ups, crying for their momas...it could be real ugly...I see us playing 65+ during this game

True, but Gilmer was expected to kinda roll over that 2006 LE team, because Gilmer was loaded that year aswell, to our credit, all we really heard about was L.James, the Will Middlebrooks factor proved to be the dagger for us, he did everything right, dont think he threw an incompletion, ran the ball effectively, and punted better than any body in the NFL....LE returned a bunch for the 07 season, including James, but not Middlebrooks, and the Buckeyes showed up with a sophmore QB named "Stump" Godfrey, and a fairly young team, with differant results, with all that being said, anything can happen in a highschool football game! LE will show up with some great atheletes, they always do, and I do beleive the new coach will have his kids ready!

LE had Gilmer down deep in the 3rd quarter that second year only to fumble a snap I can remember everybody cramping, our QB came out for one snap and the rest was history...

Any who no LJ or WM Buckeyes will win this one IMHO! I just hope that we can play well and build on it to hopefully make a big playoff run. We would have 4 d1 players in theses two classes but they all

I think catching L-E in the first game of the season after a coaching change gives a definite advantage to Gilmer. I predict a Gilmer victory, but I'm not one for predicting scores. L-E is one of just a few teams that can match us athletically, and in the past has kept our games close. I wouldn't be "surprised" to see them keep this one close. I do think Gilmer will pull away a little in the second half, though.

68 hornet I can sense fear in your post! You already trying explain all the reasons why LE shouldn't win! These kids LE have are football players with heart and pride! They are not showing up to lose ! Can't wait for Aug 28 showdown . Everybody will be surprised at the results! LE WILL WIN!!!! KALE!!!! BEAT GILMER!!! SHOCK THE WORLD!!!!!!

68 hornet What was the record of jv 9, 8 ,7 grade teams that played Gilmer a couple years ago? Do your research and come back and tell us the records and scores of those games! Why you stuck on how many players graduated ? Lets get behind these current players! We all know the staff is better than its been in 10 years. Great that it is competition at QB makes all four better and creates depth at the position .our defense will be fast and hit hard. You left out the good safety that is coming back ! KALE! !!! BEAT GILMER!!!!!

And the first time for the 40 sec clock...the depth of the Buckeyes is so deep this year...Bucs will take advantage of you...125+ snaps, fast, fast...if you are not in shape, lot's of cramps, throw ups, crying for their momas...it could be real ugly...I see us playing 65+ during this game

Hey been gone a long time from Gilmer, I was reading the shield below, no one engible in 15 years. I stay in Austin area, Salado down the road seems to think you guys rip one of their players namely the QB ? Then I see you stayed in current division by 1 player ? And then on East Texas Sports Network someone is quoted as saying they wanted to get back here because of the good athletes(One year of elgibility Left) ? Just Saying if you good you good don't skirt the r""+:"...!!

KALE! !!! BEAT GILMER!!!!!

KALE is a very healthy food, for sure. Just keep eating your greens and maybe you'll have a chance.

The other poster who said it'd be closer if we play later in the season needs to remember that there is no possibility of a rematch anymore because of Gilmer's brilliant plan (alas, exposed by Buck1980 above) to send McLane Carter to Salado temporarily to keep our enrollment down. I guess I'd better label that "sarcasm" since we're in literal-minded East Texas.

KALE is a very healthy food, for sure. Just keep eating your greens and maybe you'll have a chance.

The other poster who said it'd be closer if we play later in the season needs to remember that there is no possibility of a rematch anymore because of Gilmer's brilliant plan (alas, exposed by Buck1980 above) to send McLane Carter to Salado temporarily to keep our enrollment down. I guess I'd better label that "sarcasm" since we're in literal-minded East Texas.

Three different topics, unless you are helping situation by putting it out there for all to know ???

#1 Speaking to the fact of honestly

#2 I didn't know QB was from Salado until it was covered on Network Internet Outlet

#3 I was speaking to accolades where your fellow poster put No players ineligible in 15 Seasons

Thats all folks !!!!!!!

Feartheleopard, here's where we disagree. L-E has had very good coaches the past 25 years. Why do you think they're leaving L-E for better jobs?

They haven't the last 6 years, but that's just my opinion. I believe that several people will agree to this one! Let's not stunt Brady got the AD based on all sports and he hired LE people, and Red Oak is a better school but not near better athletic program, and Brownsboro???

They haven't the last 6 years, but that's just my opinion. I believe that several people will agree to this one! Let's not stunt Brady got the AD based on all sports and he hired LE people, and Red Oak is a better school but not near better athletic program, and Brownsboro???

After the championship run everybody seemed to get too comfortable starting with the coaches and then rubbed off on the players.

The preparation was never the same!