LE Leopards vs Gilmer Buckeyes 2014

GTownballer

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Only if the Buckeyes forget about '06 & Middlebrook & James and the fact that LE has our State Trophy...y'all were very inconsiderate & dissed us...we will continue to remind you & make you pay for it...revenge is a B****

Smh still sour over that game & your trophy smh and LE players and fans have always had the outmost respect for Gilmer.. Hope this was a joke

For what it's worth, I knew we could have trouble with L-E in '06. I had been telling fellow Buckeye fans that unless the Buckeyes gelled defensively that year, we would be in trouble in the playoffs. I even told several of my friends that if a team held us under 40 points we would likely get beat. Sure enough, it happened. All the hype about the '06 team was the offense, but defensively we were definitely subpar. I hold no animosity about that game at all. Liberty-Eylau beat us fair and square. We had our opportunities in that game and blew it.

For what it's worth, I knew we could have trouble with L-E in '06. I had been telling fellow Buckeye fans that unless the Buckeyes gelled defensively that year, we would be in trouble in the playoffs. I even told several of my friends that if a team held us under 40 points we would likely get beat. Sure enough, it happened. All the hype about the '06 team was the offense, but defensively we were definitely subpar. I hold no animosity about that game at all. Liberty-Eylau beat us fair and square. We had our opportunities in that game and blew it.

I actually can recall you saying that about your defense. We actually had a chance to be 10-0 started out ranked #3.

Our guys had been to the Quarters and Semifinals the two years prior to that year so they were very experienced, and they had a certain confidence they knew they were good!

Having heard about how Gilmer was gonna beat the brakes off of them all year had our guys pumped up. I was told there were quotes from smoaky and other sites around the locker room about how the game was already over pryor to the game lol

Gilmer wins this one going away. Even when Gilmer looks to be down, they always seem to find a way to fill those key positions that they are needing help. Wish the Cowboys could do as well filling their needs.

This is news to me didn't know Gilmer was down I think we are as good or better than last year.

Smh still sour over that game & your trophy smh and LE players and fans have always had the outmost respect for Gilmer.. Hope this was a joke

Not sour or bitter...when the game is over, we start looking at next year...we knew we had the run going...& LE came out of nowhere & sent us packing...who would have ever thought LE would win the SC?

Having heard about how Gilmer was gonna beat the brakes off of them all year had our guys pumped up. I was told there were quotes from smoaky and other sites around the locker room about how the game was already over pryor to the game lol

That was true...we were already looking at the next week...we had a SC Team...so what if the D was weak ...didn't matter...we had the O to just out score you...slaughtered all comers, accept D'field...they put 42 points on us & still beat 'em by 20...the Train had left the station & was on track then Oh ####...Round Ball for the Bux

That was true...we were already looking at the next week...we had a SC Team...so what if the D was weak ...didn't matter...we had the O to just out score you...slaughtered all comers, accept D'field...they put 42 points on us & still beat 'em by 20...the Train had left the station & was on track then Oh ####...Round Ball for the Bux

That Daingerfield game was the game that sealed it for me. Yes, Daingerfield was good, but to give up 42 points to them? I told my wife on the way out of the stadium that if Gilmer didn't find a defense they would not win state like everybody thought. I came away from that game totally frustrated. I love me some DEFENSE!

Not sour or bitter...when the game is over, we start looking at next year...we knew we had the run going...& LE came out of nowhere & sent us packing...who would have ever thought LE would win the SC?

as i mentioned earlier LE had went to the quarters and semi's the two years prior we started of the season ranked #3 we lost 3games but could've easily been 10-0 our kids were experienced and confident.

So back to the 2014 game....lol instead of the 2006 game :)

Gilmer should surely win. I think you will see a different LE team than you have seen in the last few years. Much more deciplined. As I have mentioned before the talant is there.

7-on-7 usually doesn't translate much at all as to what kind of team you have. All it does is help QBs and receivers with routes timing, kind of like a glorified practice. I enjoy 7-on-7 but rarely does it make a difference when it comes to real 11-man football.

larry pryor from ss is a beast. qb/safety. going to texas a&m to play safety

i am not as familiar with this LE class as i have been with the previous ones.

looking forward to seeing the new coaching staff in action, sadly i wont get to see them in action until september

You do not know as to what you speak...I am the Number 1 Gilmer Fan with the plaque to prove it...2011-2012 awarded the Gilmer High School Athletics Bill Day "Fan of the Year"...if your gonna talk trash, know what you are saying

buckeyebob, I seem to remember that your better half's picture was in the paper receiving that award?

buckeyebob, I seem to remember that your better half's picture was in the paper receiving that award?

Yep...I was home in bed with a terrible case of the flu...I thought I would have to die to get better...Mrs buckeyebob did a great job In my absence

For Gilmer fans the LE scrimmage went ok outscored SS 13-10 only allowed one offensive TD the whole scrimmage.

Good job...we have been playing SS in 7on7 this year a lot...they are a tough team...looks as if both teams are priming for a showdown in a couple of weeks of great East Texas Football.

Yep if we can build on it.

I really admire Gilmer's program a lot you guys have set the standard.

I just hope we have our Guy so we can make a run on our own! The Skill is there you will at least see that in a couple of weeks lol

You guys will get there! Looking forward to the Leopards wreaking havoc soon.