77 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Gladewater
    • Dangerfield

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'll see for myself next week how Gladewater looks unless I decide to go watch Gilmer again.

I love Gladewater ' s stable of RB'S & defensive front.

QB & secondary need alot of work.

I will say Daingerfield's offensive line is also their defensive line. Gladewater won't have the opportunity many more times of any.

I love Gladewater ' s stable of RB'S & defensive front.

QB & secondary need alot of work.

I will say Daingerfield's offensive line is also their defensive line. Gladewater won't have the opportunity many more times of any.

Bear QB ran the offense just fine. He was 3 of 6 for 79 yards.Bears made too many mistakes (fumbles, penalties) in the 1st half. Second half was a different story. That Bear secondary only gave up 19 yards in the passing game in the 2nd half and the Tigers had a total of 32 yrds in the second half.

The Bears rushed for over 300 yards in the game. They didn't need to pass the ball, especially in the second half. All they needed to do was control the ball and march down the field.

Even though we got handled that second half, I was impressed with some of the D line play for D'field. Haven't seen a whole lot of tackles made by that interior line the last couple years. They looked good when they were fresh tonight. Going both ways against those big bears wore them down pretty quick. That Mack truck was in Higgens back pocket the whole game. "Unblockable". Quick passes was all he was able to do , and most of them on the run. HIggiens was hit and knocked to the ground almost every play. There was no running game at all for D'field, no were to run! Mack was all over the field. D'field's linemen are young and will only get better. I think come District play Daingerfield will be ready.

Mule I have to say that after soakin it all in from what I saw last night I'm overall pleased with the Tigers at this point, Need some work in some areas, but nothing that cant be fixed, It's hard to determine the exact shape of our off line with Mack and No.44 last night. But I would bet there is not a 3a team in state that could keep Mack from starting a new zip code in their backfield.

Mule I have to say that after soakin it all in from what I saw last night I'm overall pleased with the Tigers at this point, Need some work in some areas, but nothing that cant be fixed, It's hard to determine the exact shape of our off line with Mack and No.44 last night. But I would bet there is not a 3a team in state that could keep Mack from starting a new zip code in their backfield.

Considering how many starting players you lost to graduation it sounds like DF is looking pretty good.

Mack and 44 Quanterious Turner 6-03, 275 are solid. We get to see Turner again next year....lol

Barring any injuries, we will be ok after this non-d grind.

Praising the Lord for no serious injuries last night. Looked like a few gimpies during play but they kept plugging. What I liked the most last night that they never gave up on a play. I think we will be

fine barring injuries. Go Tigers, You gave a great effort from my perspective.

All in all the tigers looked pretty good. Had a lot of kids going both ways it took its toll as the game progressed. QB had some good throws considering throwing on the run all the time. Have a good stable of receivers. Got to get running game going. O line young work in progress. The lack of depth could really cripple the tigers if the injury bug sets in

Bear QB ran the offense just fine. He was 3 of 6 for 79 yards.Bears made too many mistakes (fumbles, penalties) in the 1st half. Second half was a different story. That Bear secondary only gave up 19 yards in the passing game in the 2nd half and the Tigers had a total of 32 yrds in the second half.

The Bears rushed for over 300 yards in the game. They didn't need to pass the ball, especially in the second half. All they needed to do was control the ball and march down the field.

They couldn't pass reason they didn't. Anything the kid threw down field was either dropped or deflected by Daingerfield. Not sure where the 3rd completion came from but the 2 screen passes to # 5 wasn't what I call showing off your arm throws & the 2nd one he threw hit the ground.

When the running game is put to a halt you'll need to be able to throw all I'm saying.

All in all the tigers looked pretty good. Had a lot of kids going both ways it took its toll as the game progressed. QB had some good throws considering throwing on the run all the time. Have a good stable of receivers. Got to get running game going. O line young work in progress. The lack of depth could really cripple the tigers if the injury bug sets in

We can leave the injuries out of this & it still doesn't look good.

When your O line is also your D line (your in trouble)

When your main receiver is 6'4 all skin & bone, & having to play FS & return kicks (your in trouble)

When your QB is getting leveled every play & has to play other positions (your in trouble)

When your RB'S are @ Mickey Mayne Stadium & the game was moved to Gladewater (your in trouble)

When your kicker is a freshman ( your in trouble)

When your head coach initials are A.S. YOU ARE IN TROUBLE.

I watched the game in it's entirety & was very surprised & pleased how the Tigers played in the first half.

Against 3A competition they should fair better, but with ATL, GILMER & HENDERSON still remaining Malik Higgins better invest in a bubble suit.

They couldn't pass reason they didn't. Anything the kid threw down field was either dropped or deflected by Daingerfield. Not sure where the 3rd completion came from but the 2 screen passes to # 5 wasn't what I call showing off your arm throws & the 2nd one he threw hit the ground.

When the running game is put to a halt you'll need to be able to throw all I'm saying.

Well I guess we should be thankful that our running game wasn't halted!!! When you average 6 yards a carry you don't have to pass as much. As far as your reasoning that we don't pass because we can't. Well it's the first game and we didn't need to. And dropped passes are not the QB's fault. And your statement about Nick not showing off his arm is funny. Winning isn't about our QB showing off his arm, it's about doing what it takes to win a ballgame. And it's about not doing things that play into your opponents strengths and from what I could see your defensive backs were pretty good. Like I said Nick ran the offense just fine!!!

I think our coaches know what they are doing and when we have to play someone that's good against the run, then I'm sure we will be ready. But until then I'm sure we will utilize our ground game. And by the way two of our many good RB's didn't touch the ball Friday night.

Well I guess we should be thankful that our running game wasn't halted!!! When you average 6 yards a carry you don't have to pass as much. As far as your reasoning that we don't pass because we can't. Well it's the first game and we didn't need to. And dropped passes are not the QB's fault. And your statement about Nick not showing off his arm is funny. Winning isn't about our QB showing off his arm, it's about doing what it takes to win a ballgame. And it's about not doing things that play into your opponents strengths and from what I could see your defensive backs were pretty good. Like I said Nick ran the offense just fine!!!

hahaha sensitive. At ease woman. Tell Nicholas FINE JOB along with your incredible coaching staff & all state secondary. Did I leave anything out?

I think our coaches know what they are doing and when we have to play someone that's good against the run, then I'm sure we will be ready. But until then I'm sure we will utilize our ground game. And by the way two of our many good RB's didn't touch the ball Friday night.