77 members have voted

1. 1. Who ya got?

• Gladewater
    • Dangerfield

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it that their is a "gilmer recruits" argument on every topic on Smoaky.com? I guess EVERYBODY else is wrong and just the gilmer people are

right?

You are correct. Everyone is wrong as usual and we are right. Jealousy is an ugly thing. I'm not sure what everyone's deal with Gilmer is? Kids move around all the time, its no big deal. Gilmer had several kids move in this year since they accept transfers like a lot of schools do. Nobody accuses Hallsville or Tatum of recruiting. Gilmer had ONE high profile player move in and everyone goes all stupid. If it were 4 or 5, I could understand, but one. Gilmer didn't recruit Blake, & certainly didn't recruit all the Spring Hill kids. Blake didn't move because he wanted more playing time or more exposure, he had already commited and would have been just fine at Troup. He moved for personal reasons. People need to back off and worry about their own schools and programs for a change.

You are correct. Everyone is wrong as usual and we are right. Jealousy is an ugly thing. I'm not sure what everyone's deal with Gilmer is? Kids move around all the time, its no big deal. Gilmer had several kids move in this year since they accept transfers like a lot of schools do. Nobody accuses Hallsville or Tatum of recruiting. Gilmer had ONE high profile player move in and everyone goes all stupid. If it were 4 or 5, I could understand, but one. Gilmer didn't recruit Blake, & certainly didn't recruit all the Spring Hill kids. Blake didn't move because he wanted more playing time or more exposure, he had already commited and would have been just fine at Troup. He moved for personal reasons. People need to back off and worry about their own schools and programs for a change.

Jealousy breeds contempt..... Only successful programs are accused of recruiting..... Less fortunate programs need the excuse to feel better about themselves.....

There are a lot of kids that move to other schools for whatever reasons but when you have a assistant coach come to a parents job asking them to move there kid to there school that's called recruiting

You think a coach would really do that?? LOL. That might just happen. Or, they could be bold enough to just knock on the kids door at his house......it is what it is. Good luck to everyone this season and I hope and pray all of East Texas Teams get through the year without any serious injuries. No one has lost a game yet. I am looking forward to that two or three upsets that will make people go crazy.

Hmm. Homer here but I think that the Pirates from Pittsburg might be just a little better than some might think. I do wish we played Daingerfield and Mt. Pleasant. Gates would be big and not much travel.

Sell out crowds those games between the tri-cities. MP not allowed to play Daingerfield because of the multiple division gap between the two, not to mention how embarrassing it would be for them a 4A to lose to a 2A (I know classified as 3A now). Pitt & Daingerfield won't play because of all the off field issues. I'm assuming that's also the reason Pitt vs. MP won't happen. Wish they'd bring those games back though.

Forgot....Gladewater wins.

I was young when they all played in the 90s. But all were classic games and the hatred between the three towns was amazing. Sorry neighbors got to take Gladewater. Mack is too good.

Carter, Lynch, Kids from SH, Safety from Pine Tree....that's at least 5 so can you understand now? I know firsthand Gilmer (specifically) your God-sent head coach recruits....

Yep, yep,---- I heard that part of his Guaranteed recruitment package was a one on one date with the Yam festival Queen and a little Sweet tator Pie. :D But the UIL said that was a perfectly acceptable practice in TEXAS.But I think it should be appealed because thats totaly unfair to the Fire Ant festival Queen and Possum festival Queen.

Carter, Lynch, Kids from SH, Safety from Pine Tree....that's at least 5 so can you understand now? I know firsthand Gilmer

(specifically) your God-sent head coach recruits....

Research (for you Gladewater folks, that means look stuff up) before you speak about things you know nothing about. Carter has been in Gilmer since last year. Went to school in Gilmer but moved OUT and came back last year. Lynch moved for personal family reasons. The SH kids will all be Freshman except one who along with the PT and Kilgore kid, will be on JV. You think Gladewater will be this awesome team this year, enjoy following and concerning yourself with them instead of Gilmer. If you are already concerning yourself with Gilmer, gonna be a long year for you.

Yep, yep,---- I heard that part of his Guaranteed recruitment package was a one on one date with the Yam festival Queen and a little Sweet tator Pie. :D But the UIL said that was a perfectly acceptable practice in TEXAS.But I think it should be appealed because thats totaly unfair to the Fire Ant festival Queen and Possum festival Queen.

There may be some of it going on but it is the exception instead of the rule. We all that the average Texas Coach is high on charater and beyond reproach when it comes to self gain. I feel all our superintendents fit the same great mold. Surely no one would risk their careers and heavens gates to win a state championship. LOL

Question: After the scrimmage against Jefferson, what did we learn about the match up ahead in week 1?

Answer: Daingerfield better add a few more practices in, & hope a stud moves to town, otherwise if Gladewater can just have a average game they'll win big.

The Tigers are young, true enough, but geez.

Research (for you Gladewater folks, that means look stuff up) before you speak about things you know nothing about. Carter has been in Gilmer since last year. Went to school in Gilmer but moved OUT and came back last year. Lynch moved for personal family reasons. The SH kids will all be Freshman except one who along with the PT and Kilgore kid, will be on JV. You think Gladewater will be this awesome team this year, enjoy following and concerning yourself with them instead of Gilmer. If you are already concerning yourself with Gilmer, gonna be a long year for you.

Assumptions (for this one Gilmer person in particular, means something you believe but have no factual evidence to back it up) that Gladewater cares so much about Gilmer that they can't focus on their own season is ridiculous. I would bet pretty good money that every Gladewater poster on this thread isn't on the football team, so us speaking about Gilmer won't affect the team much at all. So, basically what you have told us in this post is that you are arrogant and think that everyone only thinks about you and your school.

Question: After the scrimmage against Jefferson, what did we learn about the match up ahead in week 1?

Answer: Daingerfield better add a few more practices in, & hope a stud moves to town, otherwise if Gladewater can just have a average game they'll win big.

The Tigers are young, true enough, but geez.

Interesting observation.. A stud move in, really?

The Tigers are young, true enough, but geez.[/quot

I learned what I already knew and that is, this young Tiger team will get better as the season goes... That being said, I understand that they are graded on a higher curve and it will take time for some to realize that they are still a major player in 3ad1..... As for this game G'water is and should be ahead of them(2012 type game)

I personally don't concern myself with Gilmer, giving you my observation/opinion on Gilmer doesn't make me less of a fan of my alma-mater..... Besides that i could focus 100% on Gilmer and it not hinder Gladewater's ability to win games seeing as probably 95% of the posters on here have nothing to do with any team anyways other than being a fan

I personally don't concern myself with Gilmer, giving you my observation/opinion on Gilmer doesn't make me less of a fan of my alma-mater..... Besides that i could focus 100% on Gilmer and it not hinder Gladewater's ability to win games seeing as probably 95% of the posters on here have nothing to do with any team anyways other than being a fan

+1