88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This One

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Thanks for that information. Has been hard to get much info on Center. Dave Campbell did not help much. CC was the toughest opponent Waskom faced last year up to Refugio.[/quote

Center is legit. Throw the ball a lot. Quick screens with big athletic targets. Very physical defense. It's hard when you give up that much enrollment difference. Good luck to waskom. I will say again we have a great deal of respect for y'all. Our boys bragged a great deal about how classy your kids and spectators are.

Center has a couple of 6'5 WRs both who started last year. One was a freshman who caught 59 rec for 650 yards and the other who caught 58 rec for 840 yards. Returning the qb who passed for 1800 yards and 13 TDs last year. They look to be drastically improved on defense with a seasoned secondary and LBrs returning. Center was a 3A 2 round team losing out in the area finals. They are picked to be a playoff team from their district this year. just a quick run down of what I've read on them.

Center has a couple of 6'5 WRs both who started last year. One was a freshman who caught 59 rec for 650 yards and the other who caught 58 rec for 840 yards. Returning the qb who passed for 1800 yards and 13 TDs last year. They look to be drastically improved on defense with a seasoned secondary and LBrs returning. Center was a 3A 2 round team losing out in the area finals. They are picked to be a playoff team from their district this year. just a quick run down of what I've read on them.[/quote

That's what I'm saying JJ Center is legit. We did not schedule them this year but we did schedule Kountze which took Newton to the wire last year. I could be wrong but waskom and garrison will be happy to get center off their schedule in the future.

Center has a couple of 6'5 WRs both who started last year. One was a freshman who caught 59 rec for 650 yards and the other who caught 58 rec for 840 yards. Returning the qb who passed for 1800 yards and 13 TDs last year. They look to be drastically improved on defense with a seasoned secondary and LBrs returning. Center was a 3A 2 round team losing out in the area finals. They are picked to be a playoff team from their district this year. just a quick run down of what I've read on them.[/quote

That's what I'm saying JJ Center is legit. We did not schedule them this year but we did schedule Kountze which took Newton to the wire last year. I could be wrong but waskom and garrison will be happy to get center off their schedule in the future.

The knock on Center is discipline. That's what I thought when we played them. They tend to get a little street ballish if you ask me.

The knock on Center is discipline. That's what I thought when we played them. They tend to get a little street ballish if you ask me.

Sounds like a basketball term. Not sure what that might mean to a football game. But - a lack of discipline cannot be good for a team in any sport. You know, it is still 3 weeks till this game takes place! At my age, I should never wish for time to go by quicker, but I am ready for real football.

Waskom vs Arp is going to be a great game. If and it's a big if Waskom can stay undefeated and injury free through the first ten games they will be the favorite to win the championship. If Arp is the undefeated one the same goes for them. Then again they may play twice. I can't wait for the season to start!

Waskom vs Arp is going to be a great game. If and it's a big if Waskom can stay undefeated and injury free through the first ten games they will be the favorite to win the championship. If Arp is the undefeated one the same goes for them. Then again they may play twice. I can't wait for the season to start!

We both have big games lined up prior to that so while it's gonna be hard for me and yall not to poke and prod at each other, I'm gonna pull for yall every week.

I grew up and played ball in waskom. My son however is a freshman wide receiver in EF. I love all east Texas football but my heart is with those two teams.

that's a great thing. EF could make some noise this year as well. They won't be no easy win that's for sure.

Wildcat98 you got my curiosity up a little bit. I know that the EF QB mom and dad is from Waskom but was unaware of another graduate from Waskom living in EF. I know the Bush boy is a senior this year also. I will be routing for your son when they are not playing Waskom. I assume 98 is the year you graduated I will have to look at the 98 annual now...:)

Everyone keeps talking about centers depth giving waskom trouble. Waskom has a stable of running backs, all state caliber line backers, and an extremely talented secondary. Or depth is better than everyone thinks but that will show when the games begin.

Replacing Jose at nose tackle will be the hardest replacement for Waskom on defense. I think they have a good replacement but looking forward to the NB scrimmage to see how it works out. Your right about the LBs with Amie back our defense is going to be up a good notch or two.

I think Center may be able to match Waskom's big play ability. I'm not sure what Center's linemen look like this year. If they have a pretty good O-line, they should be pretty explosive. Center should have a slight depth advantage. I'll take the Riders by a TD.