88 members have voted

1. 1. Who Wins This One

• Replies 782
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Everyone keeps talking about centers depth giving waskom trouble. Waskom has a stable of running backs, all state caliber line backers, and an extremely talented secondary. Or depth is better than everyone thinks but that will show when the games begin.

lol I like you already

Waskom by at least 3 touchdowns. Our defense will be too fast. Our offense.... well yall already know.

already know what???

Our definitions of depth are way different wildcat98. I know ya'll got a stable of RBs, all state caliber LBs, ect......but here's the deal. Carter never comes off the field(QB/LB), June Bug never comes off the field(RB/S), Kevin Johnson never comes off the field(RB/S), Eric Stephens never comes off the field(WR/CB). Lumpkin and Norris are stand outs on the o-line, but they'll spend time on the D-line as well, Mike Reason is a torpedo at LB but he'll likely play some offense as well. Center is gonna play very few guys both ways. Their WRs are 6'5, 6'4, and 6'2, their RB is big and strong. But the most important thing is while your kids are playing both ways all game getting more and more gassed. Center's defense is sittin down having a nice glass of water catching a breather when their offense is on the field and vice versa. That is a huge difference. 4th quarter is gonna be all Center so you better have one heck of a lead going into it.

Waskom will carry 30 on varsity I wouldn't be surprised if Center carries close to 60. I asked the coach one time Eagle8 why he doesn't set Carter on defense and here was his response , he is a 1 team All District LB and doesn't like to set out on defense. Most of the guys did set when we got up on teams, I think the games will be harder to get up on teams like we did last year. We do have some good backups this year who can give guys a breather but I am for keeping your best on the field in 3A ball. We will see what happens but we can't play it any other way in Waskom.

Our definitions of depth are way different wildcat98. I know ya'll got a stable of RBs, all state caliber LBs, ect......but here's the deal. Carter never comes off the field(QB/LB), June Bug never comes off the field(RB/S), Kevin Johnson never comes off the field(RB/S), Eric Stephens never comes off the field(WR/CB). Lumpkin and Norris are stand outs on the o-line, but they'll spend time on the D-line as well, Mike Reason is a torpedo at LB but he'll likely play some offense as well. Center is gonna play very few guys both ways. Their WRs are 6'5, 6'4, and 6'2, their RB is big and strong. But the most important thing is while your kids are playing both ways all game getting more and more gassed. Center's defense is sittin down having a nice glass of water catching a breather when their offense is on the field and vice versa. That is a huge difference. 4th quarter is gonna be all Center so you better have one heck of a lead going into it.

I will take two way Kevin Johnson, Trace Carter, Junebug Johnson, Michael Reason, Eric Stephens the 3rd, Over centers best anyday. Waskom will be playing backups in the 4th quarter. Waskom big in this one.

I will take two way Kevin Johnson, Trace Carter, Junebug Johnson, Michael Reason, Eric Stephens the 3rd, Over centers best anyday. Waskom will be playing backups in the 4th quarter. Waskom big in this one.

Ignorance.

I think if Waskom can build a good lead by half time, they could win the game. If not, I think Center's depth may prove to be the difference. Those who think Waskom is going to blow out the Rough Riders may be in for a rude awakening.

Ignorance.

No one's calling names. Oh I forgot to mention Chandrick Amie who was hurt most of his sophomore year but 2nd team all state linebacker as a freshman and healthy again. If you saw Waskom play last year thinking they won't win this one big is ignorance. I will be at the scrimmage Friday if you care to discuss my so called ignorance further.

No one's calling names. Oh I forgot to mention Chandrick Amie who was hurt most of his sophomore year but 2nd team all state linebacker as a freshman and healthy again. If you saw Waskom play last year thinking they won't win this one big is ignorance. I will be at the scrimmage Friday if you care to discuss my so called ignorance further.

I don't blame you for being amped up after last years performance. When's the last time y'all played Center?

I may have to nominate this guy for the jj award this year at this rate. Keep it up 98! I love it!

Waskom may be better and might win, but you make it sound as if Y'all will blow Center out. Is that what you think?

Waskom may be better and might win, but you make it sound as if Y'all will blow Center out. Is that what you think?

oh yeah. By 3 tds!

I think Waskom's secondary may be a little gassed playing both ways and trying to cover Centers receivers. I don't think Center has quite the pasing attack of Refugio, but the are good. It took a toll on Waskom's two way players.

what he said

I think Waskom's secondary may be a little gassed playing both ways and trying to cover Centers receivers. I don't think Center has quite the pasing attack of Refugio, but the are good. It took a toll on Waskom's two way players.

Center's QB and receivers were young last year. Expect them to be better this year. Waskom will need to get pressure on the QB, because their WRs are not good matchups for them. I don't see a blowout either way.

It's amazing how much the staff has turned Waskom around. They were in our district in '08 and '09, and they were the doormat. That was the old 1A. Four years later, they're in the 2A semi-finals. Impressive any way you look at it. It's equally amazing how many football experts there are in Waskom now that they are winning. When they were getting hammered in 1A, Jethro and Wild74 were the only ones who would own up to being from there.