Week 1 Newton @ Tatum

Tatum_DirtyBird

Week 1 Newton @ Tatum  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

looking good in practice today,still need a little touching up but looking good.

tomorrow night scrimmage elysian field at eagle stadium.im ready r u.

Im ready, dont know about the boys...lol (Im sure thier readty too). We had a little Oklahoma drill this morning...warm up for Tatum I guess...lol.

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You EF guys are more than welcome to come hang out with me and DirtyBird over on the home side so the sun ain't beaming in your eyes.

I think they would feel more at home with the sun in their eyes. That is the way they built their home stadium.

Maybe if we closed the visitor restroom it would also help.

You EF guys are more than welcome to come hang out with me and DirtyBird over on the home side so the sun ain't beaming in your eyes.

Thanks for the invite, love to meet ya'll. Yeah, anytime we have games before the sun goes down, its right in our eyes.

You got another thing comin Mufasa, defense is nasty. Offense is dangerous. No player starts both ways. 11 on D, another 11 on offense. Fresh legs the whole time, speed and size on defense. Big WRs, 6'4, 6'3 starters, got another guy in rotation right at 6'4. This team is rowdy.

Yeah, Newton's run attack is always tough. Keeping tabs on QB Elam will be a big factor. Kid can make things happen with his legs. If our DBs can be disciplined enough to play pass first on every play and let our big front 7 handle the run, they'll pick some passes off. Elam doesn't throw the ball all that well. If we can put them in several 3rd and long situations Brooks, Boyd, Nelson, and the new cat at FS should have some great opportunities to pluck a floating duck out of the air. Newton just kind of expects the DBs to bite on the run and just sling it up expecting no DBs to be there after reeling off 8 or 9 run plays in a row. Easier said than done though.

All in all, I like our chances against anyone this year. Hyde is gonna be a beast at DE, Lopez is great on the other side. Blackmon looks good in the middle. Smith is a heat sinking torpedo at ILB, looking forward to see what Hicks can do at the other ILB spot. He looks pretty solid. 205 lb Malik Allen at one OLB spot and 190+ Starling at the other OLB spot with 215 lb K. Harris and B. Roberts rotating with all of them. Almost all of these guys play defense only. Gonna have fresh legs at LB all year long. Our defense is deep and nasty this year. A lot of depth, looking forward to seeing this team lay the hat.

Offensively, we are stacked at the skills. A bunch of scat backs, big athletic WRs, big TEs, and Baby D in the slot. Can't wait to see Baby D in live action. Kid reminds me of D-Moe....as far as speed and the way he runs with the ball in his hands.

Hey Eagle8 new cat at Free safety is starting JV Qb from last season, Jr this year

Newton....

The best defense against a high octane offense is that ground and pound methodically moving the ball down the field and scoring while the old clock is ticking away... Will wear you down and frustrate you....