Week 1 Newton @ Tatum

Tatum_DirtyBird

Week 1 Newton @ Tatum  

71 members have voted

1. 1. Who do you think will win?

Newton....

The best defense against a high octane offense is that ground and pound methodically moving the ball down the field and scoring while the old clock is ticking away... Will wear you down and frustrate you....

that's good,we will be ready and I don't think you will wear down the green eagles.(keep dreaming)

• Replies 337
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's the only thing that concerns me is the depth between the two teams, tatum is stacked on both sides of the ball, vs newton that is playing kids on both sides of the ball, I also heard that newtons top RB is question of playing due to a injury from the white oak game last year? Anything on this?

Tatum the past 3 or 4 years have always been a talented team but definitely not a physical team. Two years ago it was Franklin that ground and pounded them....last year it was Godley that was just to physical for them...maybe this years team can change that. But until I see it happen, I have to go with Newton...I know they will show up and get physical. If Tatum can manage to beat Newton, they will remove the soft label they have had the last several years....I believe that is what has been holding this team back.

Likewise NN, pulling for that 0-1 purple Eagle start. I just think we're too deep and too talented this year. Newton is a solid program but this year Tatum is loaded across the board at the skills. The one big question mark is the o-line but I think they'll work it all out. Our defense is down right rowdy. Really good size and speed up front and a ton of athleticism in the secondary. Offensively, a talented duel threat QB, 3 or 4 down hill runners at RB, big targets at WR.....lightening fast slot receivers. Gonna be a fun year.