Overton at Big Sandy (scrimmage)

Mr. P

Overton at Big Sandy, 6 p.m. Friday at Wildcat Stadium

yegoiTt.jpgNM3dpRo.jpg

So yeah, once again, it's just a scrimmage — but it sure beats playing with yourself. Uh, I mean, it sure beats playing against yourself. Please don't ban me. But anyway...

What are some things you're hoping to see out of your kids?

Overton showed some backfield depth, but struggled to pass the ball. Defensively there was poor tackling and blown assignments. Was this just early-season jitters or a sign of things to come? Big Sandy remains a mystery as well. They've got some young talent on the roster but are struggling to assert themselves. Both teams have good coaching staffs, and they've got their programs going in the right direction. It'll be interesting to see which team has made more progress during the preseason.

Thoughts?

I'll bite Matthias.... Big sandy was young last year and I think they may be even younger this year dont quote me on everything but I know there is one senior lineman 2jrs 3 soph and a fish. Dont think there are more than 6 seniors total. However there are 26 or 27 freshman. If they listen and are coachable there is talent there.I think it will be a good practice for both not sure if Cushing is still coming.

Big sandy was young last year and I think they may be even younger this year dont quote me on everything but I know there is one senior lineman 2jrs 3 soph and a fish. Dont think there are more than 6 seniors total. However there are 26 or 27 freshman.

Wow, it seems like our teams are quite a bit alike. We've only got 4 seniors on the entire team (all of whom start both ways), but a big freshman class coming up. There's good numbers in the junior and sophomore classes too. But listening and being coachable is key, that makes the difference between 8-2 and 2-8. ;)

Oh, and I'd also heard Cushing's dropped out. That's not official, of course, but it's what I was told from some of the other "daddy coaches."