Week One - Mineola @ Elysian Fields

SteelJacket

• Replies 243
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It was'nt pretty, lots of penalties on both sides, lots of dropped balls. Mineola has a big athletic line, very slippery QB. They moved the ball all night, our defense bent but did'nt break. Could have went ether way, good job hanging in there EF. Mineola, when ya'll get the kinks worked out , ya'll will be a force, good luck with the rest of your season.

It was'nt pretty, lots of penalties on both sides, lots of dropped balls. Mineola has a big athletic line, very slippery QB. They moved the ball all night, our defense bent but did'nt break. Could have went ether way, good job hanging in there EF. Mineola, when ya'll get the kinks worked out , ya'll will be a force, good luck with the rest of your season.

+1

Congrats EF....not exactly an offensive display but a win is a win.

Thanks Eagle8, oh it was an offensive display...just not a good one....lol. Best EF play of the night, QB makes a great run for a TD...called back for block in the back...can't wait to see the film on that call.

First I would like to thank the EF fans and school for being great hosts, Ya'll have a very nice facility and everyone was so nice. I believe that when the team goes over film today and the stats there will be alot of head shaking going on. Way too many penalties and turnovers to even hope too have a chance too win. But in the end that was the case, just too bad that the long pass was dropped.

But it really should'nt have came down to the wire, the Mineola Jackets I think had ample chances to score but shot themselves in the foot too many times. If they clean up all of that they will be a team that can make some noise. The bright spots were the Def. effort and the running game looked really on track to chew up yardage.

The EF Jackets also looked good, and the coaches did a good job of adjusting after the lightning delay. The QB and receivers started hooking up on some good pass plays later in the game. And the running game chewed up yards at the end of the game when they needed to run the clock down. Good luck to ya'll the rest of the way.

P.S. I think we won the pre-game....... I believe our blow up tunnel bug was a half inch taller than your bug. :lol:

Dang I was afraid of that.......oh yea, ours was ducking the lightening.....lol. Man them orange yellow jackets was a good looking team....lol. One night you could say them jackets was gonna win no matter what.

First I would like to thank the EF fans and school for being great hosts, Ya'll have a very nice facility and everyone was so nice. I believe that when the team goes over film today and the stats there will be alot of head shaking going on. Way too many penalties and turnovers to even hope too have a chance too win. But in the end that was the case, just too bad that the long pass was dropped.

But it really should'nt have came down to the wire, the Mineola Jackets I think had ample chances to score but shot themselves in the foot too many times. If they clean up all of that they will be a team that can make some noise. The bright spots were the Def. effort and the running game looked really on track to chew up yardage.

The EF Jackets also looked good, and the coaches did a good job of adjusting after the lightning delay. The QB and receivers started hooking up on some good pass plays later in the game. And the running game chewed up yards at the end of the game when they needed to run the clock down. Good luck to ya'll the rest of the way.

Very well said I congratulated several of the Mineola players after the game a great bunch of kids that #8 needs to keep his head up I know he was feeling bad on that drop TD pass he laid it out there perfect but y'all played tough the whole night.