Daingerfield vs North Lamar scrimmage

laffy6

Let me be clear, the Tigers will win more than 4 games during the regular season and definitely during the season as a whole..... The question is can the dirty birds break their streak of early playoff losses to mediocre teams....lol

Let me be clear, I didn't make a prediction for y'all, just saying it would be possible for y'all to just win 4 AND go to the playoffs. I'm pretty sure y'all will win more than just 4. You're already wound tight, taking shots at me for no reason....lol

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let me be clear, I didn't make a prediction for y'all, just saying it would be possible for y'all to just win 4 AND go to the playoffs. I'm pretty sure y'all will win more than just 4. You're already wound tight, taking shots at me for no reason....lol

Talk about tight, did you not see the lol? That was lightweight banter between two old rivals, I thought..... No malice on my part, I apologize if you were offended.... I thought you would tell me about those two scrimmage "wins" for the birds this season..... And the last sentence was meant jokingly.....

Talk about tight, did you not see the lol? That was lightweight banter between two old rivals, I thought..... No malice on my part, I apologize if you were offended.... I thought you would tell me about those two scrimmage "wins" for the birds this season..... And the last sentence was meant jokingly.....

The EF scrimmage wasn't really much of a "win" because they just weren't able to really test us, thus we didn't get a whole lot out of it. Fairfield was pretty good and gave us some pretty good work. So from what I've read and heard, y'all will be fine once y'all get your O-line performing better? Skill positions looking good?

The EF scrimmage wasn't really much of a "win" because they just weren't able to really test us, thus we didn't get a whole lot out of it. Fairfield was pretty good and gave us some pretty good work. So from what I've read and heard, y'all will be fine once y'all get your O-line performing better? Skill positions looking good?

Actually, the o-line will be fine, the skill positions need depth. The bodies are there, just need varsity reps..... Right now more players going both ways than normal..... Can't wait to see how the youngsters react under the lights...

Wow..Aren't you the same poster that had to ask who the Tigers standout players were? You attend practice yet you have to ask a question like that. You have shown you have no knowledge of the Tigers and this program. If the Tigers have a down season, please stay and keep posting, but if they pan out like we expect, stop trolling and stop commenting about the Tigers..Leave topics for real Tiger fans with knowledge to discuss.

Damn it boys. Oh I checked and we do still have the B Balls. It will be neighborly to return them this season. As far as NB doubting the Tigers forget that pity party by some of your fans. Given half a chance you will stick it to us. (Not in the ear I suspect)

Wow..Aren't you the same poster that had to ask who the Tigers standout players were? You attend practice yet you have to ask a question like that. You have shown you have no knowledge of the Tigers and this program. If the Tigers have a down season, please stay and keep posting, but if they pan out like we expect, stop trolling and stop commenting about the Tigers..Leave topics for real Tiger fans with knowledge to discuss.

Hahaha I have more knowledge than most & certainly more than you ever will. We can talk the history of the team all day but it won't get you anywhere. A fan is someone who supports, represents, & cheers for their team/athlete. They also are in title to not only personal opinion but actual facts no matter if it's in the teams favor or not. I asked who you all, as in others on this thread, thought the stand out player(s) are or would be, that doesn't mean I didn't know. So before you poke your chest out claiming to be real & what have you exhale, let your belly show & relax. Winning scrimmages don't mean a thing but putting forth effort does. You also said the coaches are being patient with their play calling with this group & D is ahead of schedule. How many play calls have you seen out of this current coaching staff under E.S? From his state appearance to present day TALENT has gotten them further than actual play calling. That's been fairly basic. Still behooves me how teams can't stop what they know is coming. As far as the D goes they've went against two sub par schools in scrimmages. How's that have them ahead of schedule? I'll be here & at as many games as possible to support them. Still in supporting them doesn't mean we will win/lose anymore than if I hadn't. So either Stevie Wonder over my comments or take heed.

So, it is your assessment that the Tigers will only win 4 games this season? Did you notice that the offense hasn't run 1/4 of the plays that will be run during the regular season? Did you notice that the defense that replaced 9 starters is already ahead of schedule? Bottom line,this Tiger team is young and the staff is taking their time at getting them adjusted, if scrimmage "wins" is how you judge talent, then there is nothing that I can tell you on a message board to enlighten you..... When the Tigers begin their annual playoff run, remember your 4 win prediction.......

See that's just it. MOST EXPECT the annual playoff run as though Daingerfield will always make it. Remember 06 - 07 Daingerfield Tigers going 4 - 6 the first year in 2A. Far more talented than this bunch but it happened, they missed out. As of right now I , not necessarily you or others, feel like if much improvement isn't made the playoffs aren't happening.

See that's just it. MOST EXPECT the annual playoff run as though Daingerfield will always make it. Remember 06 - 07 Daingerfield Tigers going 4 - 6 the first year in 2A. Far more talented than this bunch but it happened, they missed out. As of right now I , not necessarily you or others, feel like if much improvement isn't made the playoffs aren't happening.

So, as of now your expertise leads you to believe this team is in question of not making the playoffs like the 06 team..... I want to believe that you indeed have football knowledge, but you are making it hard...,. Go and take a look at your schedule and find me 4 teams in 7 3ad1 that are better than D'field..... Realistically I think that you are the type of fan who only recognizes proven talent, not up and coming talent.... Yes these young Tigers have work to do but if you don't recognize the potential then just wait and see.....

So, as of now your expertise leads you to believe this team is in question of not making the playoffs like the 04 team..... I want to believe that you indeed have football knowledge, but you are making it hard...,. Go and take a look at your schedule and find me 4 teams in 7 3ad1 that are better than D'field..... Realistically I think that you are the type of fan who only recognizes proven talent, not up and coming talent.... Yes these young Tigers have work to do but if you don't recognize the potential then just wait and see.....

What's so difficult. Just because they wear the blue & white along with the D on their helmet doesn't automatically mean you are a force to be reckon with. Just because his dad, uncle, brother or cousin did this for the Tigers doesn't necessarily mean this kid will bare the same fruit. In some cases yea, many others it doesn't turn out that way. You said take a look @ other schools in 3A D1 & pick out who Daingerfield couldn't beat. Have you seen this team, these kids thus far? What are you going by to tell me that their aren't many who could play with them. I so happen to have close ties with this bunch watching them play different sports for years. So after assessing the previous years, recent scrimmages, & what have you's what I'm saying is don't be surprised in that type of season. No one would be surprised if they went deep just because it's Daingerfield (the town is labeled as being the one of the best) & what they have got accustom of doing. I would from this group this year but overall it's expected. So I'm not saying expect a bad year, these guys aren't talented, & bad mouthing, what I'm saying is with the teams noticeable areas where they are weak & depth isn't what it use to be don't be surprised. People hate the best & like to come after teams like Daingerfield & Gilmer. We tend to hold our heads high based of our achievements in years past making most folks talk about us cheap. We're proven winners & folks want what we have. I'm proud to have gone, played, & lived in Daingerfield. I'm just a realist. If we had a super team I'd let it be known. If we don't well I'd let it be known. You never know who will shine or falter once 12:00 becomes 11:59 on the clock. What i do is that you're guaranteed 10 games.

Hahaha I have more knowledge than most & certainly more than you ever will. We can talk the history of the team all day but it won't get you anywhere. A fan is someone who supports, represents, & cheers for their team/athlete. They also are in title to not only personal opinion but actual facts no matter if it's in the teams favor or not. I asked who you all, as in others on this thread, thought the stand out player(s) are or would be, that doesn't mean I didn't know. So before you poke your chest out claiming to be real & what have you exhale, let your belly show & relax. Winning scrimmages don't mean a thing but putting forth effort does. You also said the coaches are being patient with their play calling with this group & D is ahead of schedule. How many play calls have you seen out of this current coaching staff under E.S? From his state appearance to present day TALENT has gotten them further than actual play calling. That's been fairly basic. Still behooves me how teams can't stop what they know is coming. As far as the D goes they've went against two sub par schools in scrimmages. How's that have them ahead of schedule? I'll be here & at as many games as possible to support them. Still in supporting them doesn't mean we will win/lose anymore than if I hadn't. So either Stevie Wonder over my comments or take heed.

First off, those statements came from another poster, not me. However I strongly agree considering I know the personnel and their classifications. As far as the defense being ahead of schedule, the Tigers only returned a couple of starters. Teams so far haven't been just running up and down the field and exposing us. Thus ,ahead of schedule. We do have freshmen and 1st time starters getting quality reps on the varsity. SURELY since you earned your stripes you can understand that. Don't worry, I will Stevie Wonder, Ray Charles, or Helen Keller the rest of your posts because they are mostly nonfactual( jibberish)..All do respect tho because everyone is entitled to a opinion. ^_^ BTW talent only gets you so far, the Tigers made it to the Quarterfinals twice and to State under E.S's 3 years here in Tigerland. Easy to criticize a coach from the stands.

I know his, E.S., credentials as the head man @ DHS & if I had something to say to him would easily go down Linda Dr. & do so.

I realize how young the team is.

This jibberish you speak of I don't understand.

But the scrimmages are over & it's time to focus specifically on the Bears.

Enjoy the game KW, perhaps I'll bumb into ya or something.

#GOBIGBLUE

Damn it boys. Oh I checked and we do still have the B Balls. It will be neighborly to return them this season. As far as NB doubting the Tigers forget that pity party by some of your fans. Given half a chance you will stick it to us. (Not in the ear I suspect)

^_^ It will be exciting this year considering it's the last game in district that should decide the district champion. Hope it's the Tigers

History means much more than you think. Does Pride and Tradition mean anything to you? A winning history gives these young men the mentality and drive to win. Daingerfield went through some rough years in the 90's. but bounced back. I too think this could be a rebuilding year for the Tigers, but I don't count them out. What ever, good or bad I will be in the stands backing them. What about you?

History means much more than you think. Does Pride and Tradition mean anything to you? A winning history gives these young men the mentality and drive to win. Daingerfield went through some rough years in the 90's. but bounced back. I too think this could be a rebuilding year for the Tigers, but I don't count them out. What ever, good or bad I will be in the stands backing them. What about you?

Sigh.....well I'll say this, I'm glad someone also believes it's a rebuilding year.

I never count anyone out.

As far as the rant or mini sermon on pride, tradition & what have you COM'ON MAN.

I walked the halls of DHS. I've seen the medals, plaques, & trophies. I've watched a many of time highlight films from the early 80's up until my own. I've heard it from family members, towns people & friends about being a Tiger & winning, & I've worn the jersey and played. So I know well what pride, tradition, heritage & all that's about.

The 90 ' s I remember well. McKamy had good teams who just never seemed to get over the hump until McFarlin got there in 97.

You guys still don't get what I'm saying but I shall not repeat it again. I'm starting to catch more ish from so-called fellow Tiger fans than outsiders.

Yes I'll be there. Hopefully it's a good one.

+1. This is why Daingerfield will have a winning season this year, even with less experienced players.

I can only hope that NB can continue the winning tradition. Last time I checked Daingerfield has multiple state titles and three of those recently.