Daingerfield @ Malakoff

EarnedMyStripes

The reality is this. Malakoff was tired of beating weaker teams every preseason by 50 points. They need this game, win or lose, to find out if these kids will fight or turn and run. They need this for the Teague game. Malakoff can win this game and win big. Will they? Only time will tell. Regardless they are playing a tough team with awesome history. May the game be entertaining with no injuries and hopefully these teams will meet again this year. If I'm not mistaken that would be 12-18 at jerryworld. Good luck to the black and gold and the blue and white tigers.

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

After making the drive 125 miles between Tiger Towns question for Daingerfield fans why don't Daingerfield and Hughes Springs play?

I know for many years Dfield was 3a and they were 2a but so close and enrollments are close?

Opposing coaches like to keep their jobs... Lol

You at the sub varsity game? Nice liking QB y'all have there. Playing defensive end too. Impressive.

Yes I'm here and he is a good one has a good arm and legs

Our Freshman group did not lose a game as 7th and 8th graders

Just as impressive throwing to his weak side. What grade is he?

Yes I'm here and he is a good one has a good arm and legs

Our Freshman group did not lose a game as 7th and 8th graders

Talent pool deep and with your kids out there tonight looks bright for you guys for several years.

I think Malakoff is going to stun D Field. Last years playoffs NB beat Malakoff 34-27 and then turned the next week and beat D field 41-14. If Dfield lost alot as is being said well outlook is not so good. I know that different teams match up differently but I think Dfield and NB match up pretty good. Now Malakoff lost a good running back and a couple of good linemen but I think they have filled those positions pretty good and that was with a second string QB. The senior class at Malakoff is the first class that has been playing ball from Midgets all the way through HS and it is showing. The program is definitely stepping up. It will be a good game that is for sure.

After making the drive 125 miles between Tiger Towns question for Daingerfield fans why don't Daingerfield and Hughes Springs play?

I know for many years Dfield was 3a and they were 2a but so close and enrollments are close?

Daingerfield has nothing to gain from playing them. Daingerfield plays better competiton in the preseason to prepare for the deep run in the playoffs. Historically HS plays to ensure wins not prepare for the deep runs. HS is probably bigger than Dfield now. I'm sure the kids would like to play against each other.

It's the 2nd week of the season and the DField faithful are already turning on the team? The 3 year stretch of back to back to backs have ruined you guys. From what I've heard, your defense still flies around. They may not know where they're going or what their assignment is supposed to be, but hustle covers up a lot of mistakes on defense. Don't you guys have a QB with a good arm and 2 big receivers? That's a tall task for any 3A secondary. Don't count your team out just yet. However, I think if the Malakoff kids show up and execute, this game shouldn't be close. But DField is always one big play away from turning the game around and getting that "mo" on their side...

you haven't read my post ever have you?

I think Malakoff is going to stun D Field. Last years playoffs NB beat Malakoff 34-27 and then turned the next week and beat D field 41-14. If Dfield lost alot as is being said well outlook is not so good. I know that different teams match up differently but I think Dfield and NB match up pretty good. Now Malakoff lost a good running back and a couple of good linemen but I think they have filled those positions pretty good and that was with a second string QB. The senior class at Malakoff is the first class that has been playing ball from Midgets all the way through HS and it is showing. The program is definitely stepping up. It will be a good game that is for sure.

Stunned? As in shocked?

Certainly we are not today what we've been since the run began. So no, we won't be stunned if Mally wins. Besides, the paid prognosticators have Mally picked to win.

I think it might just be a mild upset if we do win it...lol.

It won't be a upset if Daingerfield wins. Honestly most who saw this preseason schedule may have had Daingerfield going 1-4 (lone win against Malakoff) if not 2-3.

Not putting nothing past Malakoff because they could beat this Daingerfield team that's yet to find it's identity.

A upset would be beating Gilmer or Henderson.

Stunned? As in shocked?

Certainly we are not today what we've been since the run began. So no, we won't be stunned if Mally wins. Besides, the paid prognosticators have Mally picked to win.

I think it might just be a mild upset if we do win it...lol.

I had just talked to the players Tuesday n they told me 2 fr started on the o line

Well they made you a liar when you posted that on the internet. Their roster clearly states 3 freshmen on the team and only 1 starts at kicker. The other 2 are line guys and neither played more than 5 snaps in their last game against whoever that was...