All Saints (1-0) at Overton (0-1)

Mr. P

All Saints (1-0) at Overton (0-1)  

14 members have voted

1. 1. A winner is who?

All Saints at Overton, 7:30 p.m. Friday at Coach Chester Roy Stadium

TUVn7zh.jpgam2fB5s.jpg

All Saints is coming off a solid win over Timpson, while Overton tries to get back on top of the horse after a shellacking in Ore City.

Who's got the edge, by how much? Who wins this one, why?

Seth is a Beast!

We definitely coulda used him last night, but it was sorta good (in a way) to see our weaknesses without him. Hopefully, the coaches will make the adjustments so desperately needed on defense. Better to be exposed early rather than later, I say.

Ore City is far better than anyone has speculated...they have some very fine athletes...they may do well the rest of the season.

That being said, I have to go with Overton again this week by 7.

Hopefully the defensive play will be improved this week. Confident the coaching staff will tweak some changes that will result in a better showing. Overton is a young team and as the year progresses I believe there will be significant improvement.

Offensively, stop the turnovers and finish drives. In my humble opinion the short passing game is the way to go and they need to go to middle of the field with some with it.

All Saints was 1-9 last year, playing with predominantly sophomores and freshmen. Injuries bug hit hard on a team without much depth.

Only 4 seniors on the roster this year, including the speedy QB.

D looked good last week, holding Timpson to 21 yards rushing. O looked sluggish, learning a new system. Switched from a shotgun spread last year, to a (mostly) Delaware wing T.

I haven't seen Overton play, but just looking at MaxPreps, they seem to have some beef up front.

Only 4 seniors on the roster this year, including the speedy QB.

Same here, we've got just 4 seniors, and one of 'em was out last week. We're mostly sophs and juniors. Hoping for a better game this week.

All Saints 33, Overton 13 FINAL

Chain, don't worry about these guys. Y'all should blow 'em out by +30. They've got a somewhat mobile QB who either gives it to their big plodding fullback up the middle or sprints out on a sweep. It's about as complex as a Tecmo Bowl play. Fortunately for them, our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed.

It's gonna be a long season for Overton, and a short one. Better luck next year.

Ronster ,give a full eval after yalls game please, we play them in a week or so and I havnt a clue about them. Were they good last year, what o or D they run, nuthin. Pleas n thank you.......

Chain I believe All Saints was winless last year and they beat Timpson Friday night.

Your guys will do okay against them because your guys know how to tackle...that was our main problem with All Saints

All Saints 33, Overton 13 FINAL

Chain, don't worry about these guys. Y'all should blow 'em out by +30. They've got a somewhat mobile QB who either gives it to their big plodding fullback up the middle or sprints out on a sweep. It's about as complex as a Tecmo Bowl play. Fortunately for them, our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed.

It's gonna be a long season for Overton, and a short one. Better luck next year.

Yup...

Yes, by all means, don't worry about these guys.

The biggest problem I saw with Overton was not their tackling, but conditioning. With most of the starters playing on both sides of the ball, they simply wore down in the 2nd half.

#20 running behind the big o-line ground out 5-10 yards every carry while they were fresh.

Youth was not a factor, both teams have 4 seniors on the roster. All Saints had 4 sophs and a freshman starting on D.

All Saints' O is very basic. Teams won't see the complete package though till district.

That said, judging by Carlisle's JV, All Saints will have all it can handle next week.