Cowboys @ Titans

Jaguars @ Redskins

Cardinals @ Giants

Eagles @ Colts

• Replies 261
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm sticking with my initial prediction, but the Cowboys may score an extra touchdown. San Francisco needs to clean up their defense. I wonder if Ray McDonald will be suspended for 6 games for being charged with domestic violence. Is being charged with a crime reason enough to suspend him if he's found not guilty later on ? We know they'll be missing Aldon Smith for 9 games. I still think San Francisco's offense will be too much for the Cowboys defense.

I'm taking Dallas!

Some may call it a homer pick, but I honestly think Dallas can win. SF's offense looked absolutely AWFUL during preseason. Yes, I understand it's preseason, but that also matters more when you're talking about winning and losing than whether or not your starters are non-existent. Then you have to keep in mind that SF is missing several starters on defense. Again, I understand our own defense is not very good, but I honestly don't think they will need to be to stop SF's offense right now.

I'm taking Dallas!

Some may call it a homer pick, but I honestly think Dallas can win. SF's offense looked absolutely AWFUL during preseason. Yes, I understand it's preseason, but that also matters more when you're talking about winning and losing than whether or not your starters are non-existent. Then you have to keep in mind that SF is missing several starters on defense. Again, I understand our own defense is not very good, but I honestly don't think they will need to be to stop SF's offense right now.

STOP! Put down the kool-aide and slowly walk away.....

I agree with what you're saying. But, to me our defense should be better overall this year. I think by the middle of the season our defense will be settling in and we should see some really good results by then. I am not even alluding to the one's that are supposed to return around that time either. Last year if I remember correctly our defense was holding it's own. Even using the backups. For the most part it seemed that we were torched more when our backups and backups to the backups were playing out of position or put in without even working that during the week in practice.

Either way it goes I just got my Sunday Ticket ordered yesterday so I will not be missing any of the Cowboys' games.

I will point out that it is interesting that the media is already using excuses for some of the teams with injuries. Even now some of them are using that in the SF and Dallas game. It seems they are already trying to give San Fran. and out. Dallas has no excuses because their injuries do not count.

OMG . You have been using the injury excuse for years (and 1 year it was all bad luck & bad calls).

And the defense was holding its own last year?? It was HISTORICALLY bad. One of the worst in NFL history. Why do you say things like that ??????

I will never understand just blinding looking over the facts. Just ignoring reality doesn't make you more of a fan.

Could the Boys beat Frisco ? Sure . Can they go 10-6 or better ? NO way, Not with this roster. It would be akin to Haley's Comet showing up 10 years early. Theoretically possible, but that's about it

OMG . You have been using the injury excuse for years (and 1 year it was all bad luck & bad calls).

And the defense was holding its own last year?? It was HISTORICALLY bad. One of the worst in NFL history. Why do you say things like that ??????

I will never understand just blinding looking over the facts. Just ignoring reality doesn't make you more of a fan.

Could the Boys beat Frisco ? Sure . Can they go 10-6 or better ? NO way, Not with this roster. It would be akin to Haley's Comet showing up 10 years early. Theoretically possible, but that's about it

We'll welcome to the real world. Injuries were the single most problem for the Ciwboys. Like it or not it is fact.

On the other you can go back and watch the games. It is clear that my statement is true about the performances of the backups. No where in my statement did I ever say they were a great defense. They were in most ball games until all the players switching around. That is when disaster hit. Funny thing is as bad as you want to make them out to be, they were just one score from the playoffs.

Btw your 10-6 statement is about as off the wall as you Haley's comet statement. It is not theoretically possible for Haley's comet to shave off 10 years of orbit.

au contraire

Theoretically it could fly into a black hole which could distort time & space. It could be in your backyard in the morning :lol:

We would not be around to even notice that IF a black hole were located inside our solar system...... :P

We'll welcome to the real world. Injuries were the single most problem for the Ciwboys. Like it or not it is fact.

On the other you can go back and watch the games. It is clear that my statement is true about the performances of the backups. No where in my statement did I ever say they were a great defense. They were in most ball games until all the players switching around. That is when disaster hit. Funny thing is as bad as you want to make them out to be, they were just one score from the playoffs.

Btw your 10-6 statement is about as off the wall as you Haley's comet statement. It is not theoretically possible for Haley's comet to shave off 10 years of orbit.

Wrong. If an object with enough mass were to travel through the Oort cloud at the right time in Haley's comet's orbit it could slingshot the comet back into the main solar system before its scheduled time.

Wrong. If an object with enough mass were to travel through the Oort cloud at the right time in Haley's comet's orbit it could slingshot the comet back into the main solar system before its scheduled time.

This Cowboys/49ers thread has taken a major turn.....can't wait to hear Doomer chime in......Anyway, we wouldn't be around to notice it if that happened because of all the OTHER debris the thing sling shots from the Oort cloud hitting us like a shot gun blast....... :P

Let's put it this way. There is nothing out there large enough to do that un the foreseeable future. Anything that large wand close enough would already be mapped.

So I guess you can say it is theoretically possible the earth could be revolving around Saturn. Forget the math.

I hope this segue into astronomical physics isn't indicative of how exciting the game will be...... :lol:

Actually I think it's called celestial mechanics. Regardless, I think Haley's comet has a better chance of reappearing this year than the Cowboys having a winning record.

You boys was talking about cosmic comets and the Cowboys caint go better than 10-6. I say you are the crazy ones and Spacer and Colmes will be the first ones on the 'ol bandwagon when they're 12-0 or 13-1. You all need to get in touch with reality.

You boys was talking about cosmic comets and the Cowboys caint go better than 10-6. I say you are the crazy ones and Spacer and Colmes will be the first ones on the 'ol bandwagon when they're 12-0 or 13-1. You all need to get in touch with reality.

You tellum Doomer