Week 3: Gilmer vs Tatum

headhunter02

137 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one you must..

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Tatum JV looked good tonight. Way bigger and stronger than Gilmer looked like Grown men out there! Was kinda concerned couldn't imagine there being so many bigger and stronger kids on Tatum's varsity Tatum coaching staff was really into the game I mean literally almost in the huddle they were so into the game.

BTW. Gilmer won pretty much over in the 3rd. 2nd and 3rd string played most of 4th on defense.

I failed to mention there was many move in kids on 9th grade team and JV team Not recruited but parents just wanted to give their kids a great opportunity Spring Hill Harmony Union Hill Longview Ore City New Diana Winnsboro Quitman Gladewater White Oak Pine Tree oh yea and Pittsburg I think that's all. Like I say Parents just wanting to give their kids a great opportunity.

I failed to mention there was many move in kids on 9th grade team and JV team Not recruited but parents just wanted to give their kids a great opportunity Spring Hill Harmony Union Hill Longview Ore City New Diana Winnsboro Quitman Gladewater White Oak Pine Tree oh yea and Pittsburg I think that's all. Like I say Parents just wanting to give their kids a great opportunity.

For what? Sports? I am not sure what else Gilmer offers that the other towns can't... That isn't hating on Gilmer, but in the end you are talking about a small East Texas town with not a lot to offer that all of the other towns also offer... The same can be said for Tatum... I am not sure what you are trying to prove... Almost all of the schools you listed have good safe education systems... So are you saying that you have move ins for athletic purposes???

Parents may think they are doing their kid a favor but in reality, they are just teaching them to bend or break the rules.

TDB,,,,, are you serious? Really?? Bend or Break the rules? Our whole system of capitalism is based on the idea that you can move anywhere, live anywhere you want, do anything you chose. There have been people move from one school to another since schools began in this country. If a parent has the right to move a kid to a school that is noted for having a great math program, and they have found that their child is gifted in math, knowing that school would help their kid get a better education, and possibly a scholarship to a very good university, do you ever hear of that called bending or breaking the rules? C'mon, be honest,,, no you don't. In my world, that is called taking advantage of the opportunities presented to you. Lots of parents do things that give their kids better chances to excel.

If a parent wants to move their kid to a school that has a better chance of getting their kid a scholarship through athletics, then they have that right. Are you saying that once a kid is going to be a Junior or Senior, that his parents don't have the opportunity in this country to live where ever they want? They should be stuck in the same town until that child graduates?

That's malarkey man, and you know it. It happens hundreds of times maybe even thousands of times a year in the great state of Texas,,, IDK,,, but it happens. And as long as there is no coach involved in helping make that decision, or physically going and talking to his parents begging them to move their kid to his school, then there has been no harm, no fowl, no cheating, nothing illegal. The UIL signs off, saying yea or nay, on every one. The coach from the school the kid leaves has to sign off on it. As long as it's done properly, it's perfectly legal. And with the society we live in today, there are many kids that move from one parent to another, or grandma, or aunt/uncle, there are lots of kids with nothing staked into the ground to keep them there, no firm foundation, so many kids that move are just doing so for family or lack of family, reasons.

I'm appalled at the amount of people who get on this forum every single year, and scream and squall about what they swear are recruiting practices. Especially when they know absolutely nothing about the childs family, or situation they live in/with. I thought there were bylaws about this very thing on Smoaky. I know people have been banned for stirring it up in the past. Eagleborn, you are an administrator,, are you staying silent in this thread about it, because the ones doing it are your home boys? I know if "I" were an admin guy on here, there are two or three that I would have warned, then possibly ended posting for two or three weeks. This crud needs to stop guys. It's immature, and it's against the rules of the forum.

If you have conclusive evidence about such practices, then gather it up, get your butt out of the computer chair, and go visit the office of the UIL. Talk to them about what you believe are rules violations, and see if they feel the same way. If you don't, then cut all the bull on here about it, and grow the heck up.

TDB,,,,, are you serious? Really?? Bend or Break the rules? Our whole system of capitalism is based on the idea that you can move anywhere, live anywhere you want, do anything you chose. There have been people move from one school to another since schools began in this country. If a parent has the right to move a kid to a school that is noted for having a great math program, and they have found that their child is gifted in math, knowing that school would help their kid get a better education, and possibly a scholarship to a very good university, do you ever hear of that called bending or breaking the rules? C'mon, be honest,,, no you don't. In my world, that is called taking advantage of the opportunities presented to you. Lots of parents do things that give their kids better chances to excel.

If a parent wants to move their kid to a school that has a better chance of getting their kid a scholarship through athletics, then they have that right. Are you saying that once a kid is going to be a Junior or Senior, that his parents don't have the opportunity in this country to live where ever they want? They should be stuck in the same town until that child graduates?

That's malarkey man, and you know it. It happens hundreds of times maybe even thousands of times a year in the great state of Texas,,, IDK,,, but it happens. And as long as there is no coach involved in helping make that decision, or physically going and talking to his parents begging them to move their kid to his school, then there has been no harm, no fowl, no cheating, nothing illegal. The UIL signs off, saying yea or nay, on every one. The coach from the school the kid leaves has to sign off on it. As long as it's done properly, it's perfectly legal. And with the society we live in today, there are many kids that move from one parent to another, or grandma, or aunt/uncle, there are lots of kids with nothing staked into the ground to keep them there, no firm foundation, so many kids that move are just doing so for family or lack of family, reasons.

I'm appalled at the amount of people who get on this forum every single year, and scream and squall about what they swear are recruiting practices. Especially when they know absolutely nothing about the childs family, or situation they live in/with. I thought there were bylaws about this very thing on Smoaky. I know people have been banned for stirring it up in the past. Eagleborn, you are an administrator,, are you staying silent in this thread about it, because the ones doing it are your home boys? I know if "I" were an admin guy on here, there are two or three that I would have warned, then possibly ended posting for two or three weeks. This crud needs to stop guys. It's immature, and it's against the rules of the forum.

If you have conclusive evidence about such practices, then gather it up, get your butt out of the computer chair, and go visit the office of the UIL. Talk to them about what you believe are rules violations, and see if they feel the same way. If you don't, then cut all the bull on here about it, and grow the heck up.

Oldbuckeye,

Best way to let this die is to ignore it. Tatum faces the same allegations usually from White Oak. Heck some from White Oak wore shirts that said we were cheating at the state tournament. Best thing you can do is to ignore it and move on. Might also talk to some of the young men about doing interviews. Not very smart to talk about wanting to move because of superior athletes and such. It just adds to the fire.

So after all that, the only thing I got out of it was an admission that those kids moved there for athletic reasons. Listen old man, rules are rules wether we like them or not. And here's something else to think about. All this " We gotta move our kids for a better chance of them getting seen " MALARCKY is laughable. Either your kid is talented or not. Kids get recruited from not so successful schools every year. Blake Lynch is a good example. If a kid is really good, they don't need to move.

I swear Gilmer people whine, cry and complain to much.

The butt hurt is strong in them.

dirtybird leads in whining & crying...still whining about Suburbans...this is so old, the Suburbans have been replaced with new ones & they are ready for the graveyard...move-ins...Jeez...Carter went 10 years to Gilmer Schools...went with Dad in Salado year 11 & was their QB (perhaps he needs to contact them about the move)...moved back with Mom year 12 & is our QB...that is 11 years of Gilmer Schools (dirtybird...I know that doesn't compute...you have to start counting toes before you can understand...Lynch's move was for personal reasons (yes dirtybird...people move for other reasons beside athletics)...they are PERSONAL & NONE OF YOUR BUISINESS...Dennis Alexander, Athletic Director for Troup signed off on the move for non-athletic reasons as well as Jeff Trailer...this is what the rules are as per UIL...perhaps we should start throwing darts @ Evans...it is evident that there is no basis required other than some yo-yo bloviating stuff that is unfounded...besmirching the reputation & questioning the integrity of some fine young men, their families, school officials & staff, as well as the citizens of our community has gone a little far...you have made it personal...now cut the #### & let's get back to why we are here...telling the Tatum Eagle faithful they #### ditch water, their wives are fat & ugly, their children lack basic interpersonal skills, & their football team is so bad, they can nearly give a game to Daingerfield. Oh, let's look at how Tatum is doing thus far this year against the Buckeyes...last night was pretty dismal for the Eaglettes...I will not post 'em again & rub your nose in it.

You forgot Union Grove. Longview, & several others

So after all that, the only thing I got out of it was an admission that those kids moved there for athletic reasons. Listen old man, rules are rules wether we like them or not. And here's something else to think about. All this " We gotta move our kids for a better chance of them getting seen " MALARCKY is laughable. Either your kid is talented or not. Kids get recruited from not so successful schools every year. Blake Lynch is a good example. If a kid is really good, they don't need to move.

Oh get over yourself man, I made no such admission, and never would. I don't play the political game, and the "ONLY" reason I even brought this up, was because there must have been at least 100 posts on this 44 page thread alluding to injustices by certain kids, and coaches in Gilmer doing the "real" Dirtybird act. Just lay off that stuff and talk about football. This is a big game for both schools, and politics and other illegal activities should have nothing to do with it. But I guess if you must,, have another slice of cheese with that "whine", and maybe eventually some Smoaky official will get as tired of it as the good folks from Gilmer are.

Oldbuckeye,

Best way to let this die is to ignore it. Tatum faces the same allegations usually from White Oak. Heck some from White Oak wore shirts that said we were cheating at the state tournament. Best thing you can do is to ignore it and move on. Might also talk to some of the young men about doing interviews. Not very smart to talk about wanting to move because of superior athletes and such. It just adds to the fire.

That was made by a Gilmer kid about his excitement of moving back to Gilmer & being the QB on the same team as his brother...Tatum has a number of move-ins...great program, great school, best facilities money can buy ( a new field house to replace the new field house, indoor practice facility that most colleges would love to have)...I don't seem to remember Gilmer riding the broom on them.

For what? Sports? I am not sure what else Gilmer offers that the other towns can't... That isn't hating on Gilmer, but in the end you are talking about a small East Texas town with not a lot to offer that all of the other towns also offer... The same can be said for Tatum... I am not sure what you are trying to prove... Almost all of the schools you listed have good safe education systems... So are you saying that you have move ins for athletic purposes???

I'm saying Gilmer has move ins!

I can not speak to why each of them moved in! And nor can all others on here that accuse Gilmer of rule breaking. That's what I was trying to prove

dirtybird leads in whining & crying...still whining about Suburbans...this is so old, the Suburbans have been replaced with new ones & they are ready for the graveyard...move-ins...Jeez...Carter went 10 years to Gilmer Schools...went with Dad in Salado year 11 & was their QB (perhaps he needs to contact them about the move)...moved back with Mom year 12 & is our QB...that is 11 years of Gilmer Schools (dirtybird...I know that doesn't compute...you have to start counting toes before you can understand...Lynch's move was for personal reasons (yes dirtybird...people move for other reasons beside athletics)...they are PERSONAL & NONE OF YOUR BUISINESS...Dennis Alexander, Athletic Director for Troup signed off on the move for non-athletic reasons as well as Jeff Trailer...this is what the rules are as per UIL...perhaps we should start throwing darts @ Evans...it is evident that there is no basis required other than some yo-yo bloviating stuff that is unfounded...besmirching the reputation & questioning the integrity of some fine young men, their families, school officials & staff, as well as the citizens of our community has gone a little far...you have made it personal...now cut the #### & let's get back to why we are here...telling the Tatum Eagle faithful they #### ditch water, their wives are fat & ugly, their children lack basic interpersonal skills, & their football team is so bad, they can nearly give a game to Daingerfield. Oh, let's look at how Tatum is doing thus far this year against the Buckeyes...last night was pretty dismal for the Eaglettes...I will not post 'em again & rub your nose in it.

Trust me you do not want to battle character and morals with us in a Traylor vs Evans match. Talk about a blow out! I would talk about your wife being fat and ugly but I would hate to pick on your cousin like that. Not her fault that the marriage was prearranged and that the kids drool a little when sitting at the dinner table.

Truth be told. Tatum is playing with house money. Most everyone is picking a blow out. Polls have you way ahead in ranking. Media does not give Tatum a chance. If we lose, then just another notch on Gilmer's belt. Tatum fans will be disappointed but know that we will get better throughout the year.

But if we win. Gilmer will implode and with there easy schedule ahead will not ever regain that chip that will be knocked off their shoulders.