Week 3: Gilmer vs Tatum

headhunter02

137 members have voted

1. 1. Pick one you must..

Newton is a small school that has no depth and Fairfield is not near the team offensively as they were last year but they have a pretty stout defense and tatum will see they are overmatched when they play gilmer.the only way gilmer loses to tatum is if they turn the ball over several times.

Now if your name was OldWiseBuck I might believe you. But young buck go crazy around this time of year in rut!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are two things i would say tatum has the edge on gilmer at and that's the defensive line and special teams.special teams can change but the defensive linea is our weekest spot on the field.the two linebackers makke up for the weaker defensive line.you can burn them with screens a lot because of it.

There are two things i would say tatum has the edge on gilmer at and that's the defensive line and special teams.special teams can change but the defensive linea is our weekest spot on the field.the two linebackers makke up for the weaker defensive line.you can burn them with screens a lot because of it.

Well that stinks, we don't screen enough for that to be helpful.

Could possible add LBs to list.

Well i was going to hold my comments on this thread, until after the Pine Tree game, but, after reading thru the thread, hilarious in nature, and plum stupid in others, but, there have been some serious, cow chip throwing contests in the past! I did come down, and watch the Eagles against Newton, and was impressed on their execution, this early, Newton was not a bad team, as some have put, lacking in depth yes, but still for its size, a good running team, I think the Tatum and Gilmer match up will be a good one, just because of its tradition, not any love lost between the two, and both have a load of talent this year, i will comment more after, the game tonight, out of respect for our peg leg opponents to the south, then, its officially Tatum and Gilmer week!

Well i was going to hold my comments on this thread, until after the Pine Tree game, but, after reading thru the thread, hilarious in nature, and plum stupid in others, but, there have been some serious, cow chip throwing contests in the past! I did come down, and watch the Eagles against Newton, and was impressed on their execution, this early, Newton was not a bad team, as some have put, lacking in depth yes, but still for its size, a good running team, I think the Tatum and Gilmer match up will be a good one, just because of its tradition, not any love lost between the two, and both have a load of talent this year, i will comment more after, the game tonight, out of respect for our peg leg opponents to the south, then, its officially Tatum and Gilmer week!

Well said Gtown.

Good post. I agree with your statements. Gilmer played good, not great against an athletic but unprepared LE. Tatum played an athletic but depth lacking Newton. Too early to really give an edge to either team. Just from last year you have to go with Gilmer in this game. It would be stupid for anyone to pick Tatum without seeing them play. I do believe that people will be surprised to see what Tatum brings this year. I just hope that both teams come out of the game healthy, because there will be some hard hitting and it will be a battle that both teams want to win and send a message.

Have any of you people that are saying Gilmer by 28 points watched Tatum play. The Tatum defense is for real. They will get to the Gilmer Q/B and cause a fumble or INT. Can Tatum beat Gilmer, yes they can, will they beat Gilmer nobody knows until Friday night around 10 pm. Is Gilmer pick to win, yes they are. Why are they pick to win, because they have the track record against Tatum since 2002 to prove it. Fairfield could not score on Tatum and then turn around the next week and hang 47 points on a team. Newton ranked number 2 and they can't score on Tatum. You Gilmer fans and Tatum haters will find out just how good the Tatum defense is next week. Does it mean Tatum will win, no it does not. Does it mean Tatum has a very good chance of winning, yes it does. I hope and pray no one gets hurt because I can guarantee you both teams are going to be hitting like mack trucks. I will not give a score like some of you exsperts, but I will say it will be at the end of the game before a winner is decided. I believe in this years Tatum Eagles, they are going to be something special to watch. Good luck to both and God Bless.

Best post on this thread thus far..

+1

Good post. I agree with your statements. Gilmer played good, not great against an athletic but unprepared LE. Tatum played an athletic but depth lacking Newton. Too early to really give an edge to either team. Just from last year you have to go with Gilmer in this game. It would be stupid for anyone to pick Tatum without seeing them play. I do believe that people will be surprised to see what Tatum brings this year. I just hope that both teams come out of the game healthy, because there will be some hard hitting and it will be a battle that both teams want to win and send a message.

Yep