Ron Washington Out

bossman1

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If the Rangers expected him back next season why didn't he just take a leave of absence ? If it's health concerns, I'm sure they would have obliged him. This season is over for the Rangers, and almost everyone has been on the DL. Seems like he just needs some R&R. There's not much you could do with all that's happened.

I hate the saber metrics guys... No doubt there's some quality reports, but you can't build a team based on solely those reports and that's what JD is. The guy has never played and wants to control every baseball move. If I had any money to bet, I'd say Wash got tired of someone telling him how to do something he's done his whole life, especially coming from a computer nerd...

wash didn't have much to work with this season. the two huge signings looked good on paper to turn the offense around and help lessen the blow of losing cruz, but after both of them got hurt, then the guy we thought would replace kinsler gets hurt, then every freakin pitcher we have gets hurt, don't see how anyone could hold wash accountable.

Ryan wanted more input than JD was willing to give up. The money men backed JD. Nolan hooked him to Houston with Reid.

I think the highest complement a coach or mangager can get his players willingness to give the extra 10% percent and go the extra mile for you. The Cowboys did it for Landry. The Rangers did it for Wash. I hate that they couldnt seal the deal for him in 2011. Thats the way baseball go.