Ron Washington Out

bossman1

Ryan wanted more input than JD was willing to give up. The money men backed JD. Nolan hooked him to Houston with Reid.

I think the highest complement a coach or mangager can get his players willingness to give the extra 10% percent and go the extra mile for you. The Cowboys did it for Landry. The Rangers did it for Wash. I hate that they couldnt seal the deal for him in 2011. Thats the way baseball go.

I still haven't forgiven Cruz or Feliz for 2011

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yea that first year in WS everyone had Texas picked......that's sarcasim if you didn't know

You seem to forget the first two years when he built team up and front office put pieces together.

Maybe if you did some research, Texas was the heavy favorite before the series got started genius. And I don't know what sarcasim is? Maybe sarcasm tho.

Very true. Those teams had 0 pitching. Hence why they didn't win a series. Too try tho

No disrespect to the late Johnny Oates, but a 1999 Rangers team with six hitters with twenty or more bombs and four hitters with 100 or more ribeyes couldn't manage even one playoff win.

Very true. Those teams had 0 pitching. Hence why they didn't win a series. Too try tho

By the way, the 1996 Rangers led the American League in win by starters, and that team managed a grand total of one playoff win (Game 1 of their ALDS against the Yankees).

Something is certainly odd about the way this is all going down. Quotes from Martin, Beltre and others imply something else was the reason. If not health, then why the "speedy recovery" comment from Pettis? We may never know the truth, or not for a long time. The Rangers tried to hide the positive drug test result on RW for 9 months until it was leaked out to the press.

Same old punk kid attitude for anyone who disagrees with your opinion. So all fans that wanted Wash out "don't know the game"? Someone sounds like an idiot and I'll give you a tip. It's not all those fans.

I have zero problem with differing opinions, young man. Now with non-educated opinions, I do have a problem with those.

Same old punk kid attitude for anyone who disagrees with your opinion. So all fans that wanted Wash out "don't know the game"? Someone sounds like an idiot and I'll give you a tip. It's not all those fans.

And here's a tip for you - yours is an uneducated opinion. Weren't you the guy who once upon a time said that it's good baseball to play for the big inning late in a tight game?

Where did I say it was drugs? You're reading comprehension needs some work.

And here's a tip for you - yours is an uneducated opinion. Weren't you the guy who once upon a time said that it's good baseball to play for the big inning late in a tight game?

No I didn't say that smart guy. And you don't know me pal, so saying my opinion is uneducated is, well, uneducated..... and stupid. Do better.

Can you copy what you said? I am pretty sure but could be wrong, that the whole reason for that discussion was when it happened. Now I will admit if I am wrong but I sure thought that late inning bunts was part of discussion

Can you? You are the one who seems to be butthurt about it. I'm not going to go dig up my own quote. Do your own research.

You do this anytime you can't prove something or you want to turn something. Let's get this straight I don't get butt hurt over a message board. Next it was not even me who brought it up but I do believe in that thread you also used your catch phrase "butt hurt." So I will continue thinking it was a late inning game and yes your still wrong you play for a run in that case and Wash was correct in his call. No research needed.

No pal I'm not the one who brought it up. If you want to dig through hundreds of pages of threads go ahead.

You do this anytime you can't prove something or you want to turn something. Let's get this straight I don't get butt hurt over a message board. Next it was not even me who brought it up but I do believe in that thread you also used your catch phrase "butt hurt." So I will continue thinking it was a late inning game and yes your still wrong you play for a run in that case and Wash was correct in his call. No research needed.

The game I'm referring to was in the 3rd inning and we had Gentry on first and Martin at the plate. Martin had been hot at the plate and Gentry hadn't been caught stealing in like two years. Instead of just having Gentry steal second, he had Martin bunt and we ended up giving up the out and not even advancing Gentry, and of course got no runs in the inning in route to a loss. Typical bone-headed RW move.

Basically my point was that playing small ball in that case didn't make sense. It was early in the game and it negated the possibility of getting a big inning. Later in the game when things get desperate might have been different. But still, we had gentry on first so stealing second would've made better sense.

Ahh yes but how do you know Martin didn't bunt on his on? He always has the green light to bunt for a hit??? Still would have to see proof it was third I think it was later and who was on the mound for each team. No I am not looking it up.

But now that Wash is gone I sure hope we don't end up back being mediocre. .

Seems like your getting a little butt hurt. Maybe your the internet of the baseball forum. Seems like you get this way when others disagree with you and you can never see any other side but your own.....

Haha that's funny. Seems like you have been called Internet before not me. Way to be original

And it was the third inning..... That was my whole damn point. And no I don't know that the bunt sign was given

I'm not saying you are uneducated; you are just baseball uneducated.

I'm saying you're both

And yet you were so angry to post this. Wash was a good manager. He did have his faults as everyone does. He also made a huge mistake using drugs. He can coach baseball. I hope he left out of frustration and not for a medical reason. I hope we get a guy who can get us back to the WS.

Wasn't angry bro but whatever u like to think

Immortal Rat has more baseball knowledge and education than both of us combined. You may choose to believe what you wish but there is no way you can question his baseball knowledge. He has forgot more about the game than either of us know.

Look man I'll say this again. You. Do. Not. Know. Me. So what you are saying could not be more ignorant. Now please refrain from any more comments like that or I will take it up with the mods.