Deer Corn Prices

Guest 4to3

There are no non-GMO foods. Man has been tinkering with his food since the beginning of time. Everything we have done to make tomatoes redder, apples sweeter, and bananas bigger has all been because of genetic manipulation. If you spend more for "non-GMO", you are being robbed. If it grows in a garden today, it has been being modified genetically for centuries.

Splicing a limb from one fruit tree into the trunk of a different one is an example of species crossing. What does it hurt?

THAT is natural....what Monsanto does is NOT natural......and looking at the prices above for deer corn, the good people of Colmesneil AND Saratoga are getting ripped off..... :lol:

Growing an apple on an orange tree is natural?

It's more natural splicing limbs outside on actual trees than altering DNA in a lab....why do you think all the bees are going extinct??? The GMO insect resistant plants.....when the bees go, the food chain goes, then we have no choice BUT to spend our $$$$ making Monsanto and their masters richer and more powerful....they know exactly what they are doing........

I planted a couple of dozen Dunstan Chestnut seedlings I grew from nuts this spring. They averaged about a foot tall and most of the survived the summer. The bugs were really bad eating on the leaves and I sprinkled them with Sevin dust a few times, I am going to order some more nuts and try and get around 50 more seedlings to plant next spring. According to an article I read they are suppose to start producing nuts in about five years and they are suppose to be great for deer plots. Realtree has a nursery growing them and I think they sell the small trees for about $35 dollars apiece. I bought a 2lb bag of the chestnuts for I believe around $30.

What did you seed? I'm in the process of fertilizing and seeding with rye and clover on two acres but mostly as soil amendments for grass. I'll probably just go with the Crimson Clover since it is what has grown on my place for a long time. I know there are better choices for deer forage. This year I'll rely on deer passing through my place in route to and from a neighbor's plots. :)

Two 10# bags of throw n grow and a 40# bag of something I bought at the Tractor store has winter wheat, rye grass, brassicas and pea seed. I brush hogged the plots three times each, a week apart and then drug a harr we made out of angle-iron and railroad spikes when we were in ag back in the '70's. Regrettably this was the 'ol harr's final deployment. ( RIP harr 1974-2014)

THAT is natural....what Monsanto does is NOT natural......and looking at the prices above for deer corn, the good people of Colmesneil AND Saratoga are getting ripped off..... :lol:

Still at $6.75 this week.

LOL, do you have a list of those Plumper, juicer, easier to grow, tastier, etc. ?

Very few fresh fruits and vegetables for sale in the U.S. are genetically modified. Novel products such as seedless watermelons are NOT genetically modified.

http://www.nongmoshoppingguide.com/brands/fruits-and-vegetables.html

Top 7 Genetically Modified Crops

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/margie-kelly/genetically-modified-food_b_2039455.html

It would be something wouldn't it if franken-science stabbed a large water melon gene with that of a pig. We could ice the melon down and eat or stick it and cook it rotisserie style.

Can we put an apple in its mouth? Could we GM the apple into place?? lol