The next Rangers skipper will be..........

cheaptrick77

12 members have voted

1. 1. The next Texas Rangers manager will be...

• Dave Anderson
    • Wally Backman
    • Bud Black
    • Tim Bogar
    • Steve Buechele
    • Mike Hargrove
    • Bill Haselman
    • Charlie Hough
    • Mike Maddux
    • Dave Martinez
    • Iván Rodríguez
    • Omar Vizquel
    • Don Wakamatsu
    • Jason Wood
    • Michael Young
    • Gabe Kapler
    • OTHER (please specify)

Ooooh. Some intriguing choices, there. I'm going to have to think on this one a while.

Dave Martinez stands out because of his time under Joe Maddon.

Charlie Hough, Pudge Rodriguez, and Michale Young would all fill some seats because of their legacies. They know the game, too.

Everyone likes Steve Beuchelle, and being a 3rd baseman he already draws my interest for skipper.

Dave Anderson....duh.

If I'm making the emotional choice I would have to go with Pudge. Honestly though, I think the smart decision would be either Wakamatsu, Martinez, or Vizquel.

^ if he couldn't work with Jeff Luhnow, I don't see how things could be any different with JD (whom I am growing to despise more and more each day) ... :D

lol...While I have no doubts Porter will be a good manager somewhere, working under a micromanaging mathematician is not the place for him...

I don't think Robin Ventura is going to leave. I hope he doesn't. I think he's a terrific young manager.

That would be funny if the Rangers brought him in after Nolan left. If I were a Rangers fan, I'd want Jose Oquendo. He's been with the Cardinals organization for a long time, and learned from two of the best managers. I have a feeling that Wakamatsu might get the nod, because of past experience with the Rangers, and the turnaround in KC this year. He will be on the Rangers shortlist for sure.

That would be funny if the Rangers brought him in after Nolan left. If I were a Rangers fan, I'd want Jose Oquendo. He's been with the Cardinals organization for a long time, and learned from two of the best managers. I have a feeling that Wakamatsu might get the nod, because of past experience with the Rangers, and the turnaround in KC this year. He will be on the Rangers shortlist for sure.

Tough to walk away from what they have in KC and walk into what looks to be a rebuilding project in Arlington

Tough to walk away from what they have in KC and walk into what looks to be a rebuilding project in Arlington

I wouldn't say the Rangers are a rebuilding project, they simply need to get healthy and stay healthy. That should all be cleared up by April of next year, except for the stay healthy part which is a factor for any MLB team. I realize the Stro's have some up and coming players, but I would take the Rangers manager job over the Stro's if both were offered.

I wouldn't say the Rangers are a rebuilding project, they simply need to get healthy and stay healthy. That should all be cleared up by April of next year, except for the stay healthy part which is a factor for any MLB team. I realize the Stro's have some up and coming players, but I would take the Rangers manager job over the Stro's if both were offered.

I think in the immediate short term.the Rangers are a better gig for someone that is wanting to win now.

I think Houston is open for more long term success, but it will take another bumpy season or two before that success is reached.

I think in the immediate short term.the Rangers are a better gig for someone that is wanting to win now.

I think Houston is open for more long term success, but it will take another bumpy season or two before that success is reached.

I agree with you there, but the Rangers should pick up some fresh talent in next years draft, as will Houston. I stated when they hired Bo Porter last year, that they needed to keep him for 5 years minimum with the lack of talent the Stro's had. If they're going to terminate a manager after a year and 3/4, they didn't pick the right manager in the first place. It will be 2-3 more years before the Stro's have playoff success, but I expect the Rangers to bounce back next year.