The next Rangers skipper will be..........

cheaptrick77

12 members have voted

1. 1. The next Texas Rangers manager will be...

• Dave Anderson
    • Wally Backman
    • Bud Black
    • Tim Bogar
    • Steve Buechele
    • Mike Hargrove
    • Bill Haselman
    • Charlie Hough
    • Mike Maddux
    • Dave Martinez
    • Iván Rodríguez
    • Omar Vizquel
    • Don Wakamatsu
    • Jason Wood
    • Michael Young
    • Gabe Kapler
    • OTHER (please specify)

I agree with you on 2-3 more years for Houston. But I don't really say that I would necessarily expect the Rangers to just bounce right back. They have had some horrendous injuries, but they have also shown an alarming ability to just fold up the tents and quit too.

None of them should keep any of the players out of the lineup next year, unless they aggravate or have a new injury. If they haven't had the surgery yet, and they're on the IR that's stupid. You need to get the players back at full strength. I still don't know why the Yankees didn't want Tanaka to have surgery this year. If he has the surgery now, he won't play until 2016, but could have been back possibly after the All Star break next year. That's just Tommy John surgery. Many of the injuries for the Rangers should be healed up by Training Camp or the start of next season. The only problem I see is rebuilding the clubhouse chemistry that is necessary for a team to make a run at the World Series.

• 2 weeks later...

105.3 The Fan had an interview that JD did about the next manager. He wanted someone that could connect with both the veterans and young guys. The ability to communicate upwards and sideways within the organization. Plus have Wash's ability to motivate.

Wash & JD had their moments when it came to playing young guys. Was it 2011/2012 when Profar and Olt got called up and never saw the field? Think it was 2012.

105.3 The Fan had an interview that JD did about the next manager. He wanted someone that could connect with both the veterans and young guys. The ability to communicate upwards and sideways within the organization. Plus have Wash's ability to motivate.

Wash & JD had their moments when it came to playing young guys. Was it 2011/2012 when Profar and Olt got called up and never saw the field? Think it was 2012.

The last time further solidifies my doubts of JD having any baseball knowledge of his own. What are Profar and Olt doing now? Seems as if Wash knew they weren't ready or they never would be ready...

JD #### btex, give it up. Guy doesn't know baseball. Twist as many things around as you want, but any GM deals Davis, DUH! Any GM deals Hunter, DUH! He followed in other GM's footsteps signing Lee for a couple months to help a postseason run...Those guys didn't play because Wash didn't want them to and I hope you're not saying Olt is going to turn into a player? Kinsler was dealt because he wouldn't move positions, just about any GM deals him...I don't understand what your'e getting at. Get off JD's sack and worry about Friday night's game with the school of the Blind of whoever you guys play down there...

• 2 weeks later...