Adrian Peterson charged with injury to a child

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In favor of corporal punishment here too... a little welt (on a bigger kid) that quickly fades away is one thing. But broken skin... on a four-year-old? Geez. What the heck could the kid have done to warrant that? Robbed someone at gunpoint?

A single swat with my big ol' hand (over their clothing) is more than sufficient to communicate the message to my younger kids. If you gotta draw blood to get the point across, you're failing as a parent.

I just saw the pictures.... it's bad and they were reportedly taken 5-7 days after the "whooping". Lots of stripes and some that are stabbed over. Got him a number of times inside his upper thigh area. Not sure what the hell this man was thinking.

Peterson has 5 kids officially. Unofficial reports say he has as many as 7, not including the boy who died. Maybe it's time to sterilize this guy.

In favor of corporal punishment here too... a little welt (on a bigger kid) that quickly fades away is one thing. But broken skin... on a four-year-old? Geez. What the heck could the kid have done to warrant that? Robbed someone at gunpoint?

A single swat with my big ol' hand (over their clothing) is more than sufficient to communicate the message to my younger kids. If you gotta draw blood to get the point across, you're failing as a parent.

Amen brother. Why in the world would a child need to be stripped down naked and beat so hard with an object that it broke their skin? This is just crazy. Why wouldnt a couple of hard swats with an open hand to his backside not be enough? I am in utter disgust right now. No other way to put it.

Nothing wrong with a switch, either.....I imagine that AP received the exact same disciplinary action when he was a kid...I KNOW I did, and I fully appreciate it because it made me a better man.....there is a difference between discipline and abuse......a one-time action does not constitute "abuse" anywhere but in the mind of a pinko liberal commie......

America's really going down the tubes when you can't beat a little boy in the scrotum anymore. It's what made this country great!!!!111

The article I read said "allegedly"......the indictment is what matters and neither you nor I have read THAT.....IF there's any truth to the scrotum allegation, then he did go too far....other than that, he did nothing that hasn't been done to any other well raised child......Benjamin Spock was destroyed two generations and is working on the third......

The article I read said "allegedly"......the indictment is what matters and neither you nor I have read THAT.....IF there's any truth to the scrotum allegation, then he did go too far....other than that, he did nothing that hasn't been done to any other well raised child......Benjamin Spock was destroyed two generations and is working on the third......

You're grasping at straws Colmes. The pictures have already been released. It was excessive and it was abuse. Doesn't matter what your definition of a pinko is.

You're grasping at straws Colmes. The pictures have already been released. It was excessive and it was abuse. Doesn't matter what your definition of a pinko is.

I don't really care about AP.....it's the general definition of "abuse" that the pinko's have forced on society as a whole that I am trying to address.....he's just the one in the spotlight......you only hear about THIS case because of AP's celebrity status.....how about all the regular folks who are prosecuted for "abuse" for doing nothing more than spanking their child???? The liberals and their lapdogs in the media are going to use THIS case to try to demonize ANYONE who would dare to discipline their child....sit back and watch the show.....once again, there is a difference between discipline and "abuse", and even if this turns out to be actual abuse, which if the reports from DLine's article are true it is, the media won't differentiate between the two....they will demonize ALL disciplinary actions as being "abusive".......

I don't really care about AP.....it's the general definition of "abuse" that the pinko's have forced on society as a whole that I am trying to address.....he's just the one in the spotlight......you only hear about THIS case because of AP's celebrity status.....how about all the regular folks who are prosecuted for "abuse" for doing nothing more than spanking their child???? The liberals and their lapdogs in the media are going to use THIS case to try to demonize ANYONE who would dare to discipline their child....sit back and watch the show.....once again, there is a difference between discipline and "abuse", and even if this turns out to be actual abuse, which if the reports from DLine's article are true it is, the media won't differentiate between the two....they will demonize ALL disciplinary actions as being "abusive".......

Wow no words to describe the fail in this post. Colmes I value your input on this forum and commend that you stand up for what you believe. In this case you are missing the point. It does not matter who AP is. I too could care less about him. However he DID abuse this child. He beat him till he bled with a stick, including his inner thigh and genital area. This boy is 4 years old. This has nothing to do with your outrage over the liberalization of today's society.

Far worse has been done thousands of times. The only reason this is in the news is because of Peterson's celebrity status. The media is obsessed with sensationalizing this kind of thing for ratings. I am always amazed how the media promotes issues like the Trayvon Martin, Anthony Weiner and other hand picked stories they want to sensationalize when there are killings, riots and other abuses far worse going on that they don't seem interested in. I think Adrian Peterson may have gone a little too far, but it's nothing to ruin his career over. If more parents disciplined their kids, we our society would be far better off. I have had at least as bad of whippings at school when I was a kid as the photos I saw. Peterson has probably learned a valuable lesson because of this and now it's time to move on to far more newsworthy issues ....

Learned a valuable lesson? You're kidding right?

OK yes duh it's only nationally news because it was a celebrity. I get that. But what in God's name does that have to do with whether or not it was right or wrong? What AP did is a crime. I'm not saying he should be treated any differently under the law than anyone else should for doing the same thing.

Wow no words to describe the fail in this post. Colmes I value your input on this forum and commend that you stand up for what you believe. In this case you are missing the point. It does not matter who AP is. I too could care less about him. However he DID abuse this child. He beat him till he bled with a stick, including his inner thigh and genital area. This boy is 4 years old. This has nothing to do with your outrage over the liberalization of today's society.

I don't disagree with you on AP. IF he is convicted by a jury of his peers he should be punished....people aren't tried and convicted by the media's opinion or public opinion......he STILL gets his day in court.....however, it will be the media, not me, who are going to blow this into a national case against discipline of any kind...it has everything to do with the demonization of good, solid parents by the liberals and their lapdogs in the media, who will use AP as THE representative example of everyone who disciplines their children......

I don't disagree with you on AP. IF he is convicted by a jury of his peers he should be punished....people aren't tried and convicted by the media's opinion or public opinion......he STILL gets his day in court.....however, it will be the media, not me, who are going to blow this into a national case against discipline of any kind...it has everything to do with the demonization of good, solid parents by the liberals and their lapdogs in the media, who will use AP as THE representative example of everyone who disciplines their children......

I agree ... the libs want to use this against any parent that dares to discipline their kids.

This could indeed be the case. However, I'm just concerned about this little boy right now. He needs to be protected from this man and so do the other kids of "Daddy Peterson", however many that may be.

I agree ... the libs want to use this against any parent that dares to discipline their kids.

....and the ignorant masses will go right along with them......as I said, Benjamin Spock contributed more to the coming destruction of this nation than any other person in history.......

This could indeed be the case. However, I'm just concerned about this little boy right now. He needs to be protected from this man and so do the other kids of "Daddy Peterson", however many that may be.

The CPS won't allow AP around him or his other kids while this is going on......no need to be concerned about that......

I heard that the child was taken to a pediatrician in Minnesota who noted cuts across the child's buttocks and groin. A second doctor concurred with that assessment. I am 100% in favor of corporal punishment but causing cuts/bleeding is beyond the pale.

I agree, and I've seen some photo's of the child, and if those photos are the real deal then I would have to find AD guilty. The wounds did look like they healed up, and it looks like he was attacked by a dog and not a switch. I realize that when your growing up you need a swat, and sometimes a good whipping, but not to the extent that I saw. If I could find the link I'd post it here, but the photos were downloaded on a friends facebook page. You simply don't whip a 4 year old like that either. You would think that Adrian might be a little more soft handed with discipline as well, since his son was murdered last year. It's a sad day for him, and it will take a long time for him to regain my respect.

Once when I was a young man, while on a camping trip with my cousin, we decided it would be funny to go out in our small aluminum boat and take the bait off of every trotline we could find and as an extra benefit we would keep any fish we found on those lines. After about the third trotline we were caught by a game warden. Luckily for us this warden did not issue citations, we were only 12, but he did take us back to our camps

and had us explain to my Uncle what we did. After the warden left my Uncle went to a tree and broke off a switch about 4 foot long with a diameter roughly the size of an index finger. I very clearly remember him stripping the smaller branches of this switch with his hand. This was in the mid to later eighties, bicycle shorts days, and my cousin and I both were wearing those as swimming shorts. He gave each of us about 5 pops apiece for our actions. Now, I stayed at my cousins house many, many times generally 6 weeks or so every year and my Uncle gave us both many whippings, all others with a paddle or belt and I would venture to say that he did not strike us any harder with the switch than he did with the paddle, however we BOTH had places where the skin was broken and bleeding, not badly, but there was blood which was a result of the spurs on the branch left by the smaller branches that he pulled off with his hand. Later that evening my cousin decided to show his father the marks and cuts that he had gotten on his backside from the whipping. It was the only time in my life that I saw my Uncle cry, really just tears, not boo-hoo type crying. He told us that night that he was not mad or upset about giving us a whipping but he did appologize for using the switch and said that he would NEVER spank a kid with a switch EVER again. We absolutley deserved a spanking and he absolutley did not intend for it to do that kind of damage. My Uncle, rest his soul, was a GREAT man with a very big heart and would not have ever done anything that he thought was crossing the line. With that being said, I honestly believe that this is the case with Adrian Peterson and I hope he too promises to never use a switch again!

I don't even know where I stand on spanking anymore. I got them my entire life as a kid up until the age of 14. Usually for fighting with a sibling or doing something really stupid...

However, working with kids these days, you see so many scarred adults from people scared of men because they were beaten as discipline. Or they do it the way it was done to them and they think it is okay.

I was lucky... I never got "beat". It was always 3 hits... It was meant to hurt, not meant to damage. We knew after that if it happened again, we would lose something we valued plus another 3. So we didn't do it again. The whipping was never done immediately. My parents always sent us to our room to cool down, then they would come in and talk to us. After they would let us calm down again, then speak to us again, review the actions that lead to it and then let us know the next step in consequences.

Now back to my 2nd paragraph... My wife worked with foster children. Some were there from abuse similar to a parent that lost their cool and went to far with their discipline over and over again. Some are there because their brother or sister did something, parent lost their cool and took discipline to the point that it killed or permanently injured their sibling. Some were afraid of men, mostly for horrible reasons, but some just because of discipline they received before they could even comprehend the reasoning of it...

Listening to what Adrian Peterson said about it, I think he did what he thought was right. Why? Because he was raised to believe that it was okay to discipline that way. However, I think he also knows that he went to far with it. I also believe from people I know that are actual friends with him, that he loves his children and would do anything to be with them. I would be surprised if he ever physically disciplines his kids ever again.

I still haven't seen pictures of the child, I also was under the impression the child was 11 years old instead of 4; that being better understood, I would tend to believe the punishment to be excessive for a 4 year old child, though not necessarily too excessive for an 11 year old. My father did not "beat us" with that thick leather belt I spoke of in my previous post at That age. In fact, at that age, our Mom did most of the spanking because Dad was always working. As we kids got older, that was when Dad became the primary discipliner, ESPECIALLY after I would only laugh when Mom would try to spank me... BUT, if I REALLY made her mad, she could ALWAYS call DAD @ work & SUDDENLY, things stopped being so funny!!!😜 I deserved EVERY "Beating" I ever got, & THEN SOME! But I KNEW my parents LOVED ME & disciplined us kids the way THEY were brought up by their parents, & I KNOW their methods kept ME from getting into much worse trouble than I did! I loved as well as RESPECTED my parents, More NOW than ever!