Adrian Peterson charged with injury to a child

Having children with other mothers is some peoples lifestyle, and with other women it is what it is. He wasn't married at the time. Just like in life some people that think that is wrong are different for others.

So is polygamy acceptable in your book ? If he's a Christian man, as you say, he should have married these women. I don't know what faith you are, but even when the LDS faith practiced polygamy, if you were going to have sex, you'd better be married. I'm the one that brought that topic into the equation, because with one child dead, one child with scars to the head, and the latest with flesh wounds, it made me wonder what is going on in this man's life. Adrian is a 29 year old man, better decisions should have been made. If you want me to think that causing bodily harm to a child, and having multiple lovers (concubines) is the Christian way, you're crazy !

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would have spanked him, but not drawn blood. There's a difference between a whipping and a beating. I'm not calling for him to be thrown in prison or even removed from the NFL, but he does deserve at least 3 months in jail, anger management classes, and 2 years probation. I think a 6 game suspension from the NFL is acceptable as well, but not paid as he is now.

I believe there has been a TREMENDOUS RUSH to JUDGEMENT in EACH of the recent incidents involving these High Profile athletes... In each of these cases, there have been accusations by "significant others" which led to arrests. The NEXT step is DUE PROCESS under the LAWS of this country! If they are Indicted, jailed, released on bond, TRIED by a JURY of their peers and then found GUILTY of their crime(s), & sentenced/fined or whatever, THEN let the NFL Commissioner act as HE feels necessary with fines, expulsions, suspensions or what have you. These are Serious Charges with Serious consequences, HOWEVER, as Citizens of THESE UNITED STATES of AMERICA, their RIGHTS to DUE PROCESS under the LAW MUST be UPHELD. Anything less is a miscarriage of Justice!

I believe there has been a TREMENDOUS RUSH to JUDGEMENT in EACH of the recent incidents involving these High Profile athletes... In each of these cases, there have been accusations by "significant others" which led to arrests. The NEXT step is DUE PROCESS under the LAWS of this country! If they are Indicted, jailed, released on bond, TRIED by a JURY of their peers and then found GUILTY of their crime(s), & sentenced/fined or whatever, THEN let the NFL Commissioner act as HE feels necessary with fines, expulsions, suspensions or what have you. These are Serious Charges with Serious consequences, HOWEVER, as Citizens of THESE UNITED STATES of AMERICA, their RIGHTS to DUE PROCESS under the LAW MUST be UPHELD. Anything less is a miscarriage of Justice!

+100000000000

I agree, but in the current electronic age that we live in, we are able to see the evidence before it is presented in court. That's why we can be jurors without even being called to the jury room. It's also one of the reasons that I should be excluded from any jury trial, because I read the news, I research these profile cases, and I form an opinion on them. Could I hear testimony on what has occurred that could change my mind, maybe, but I seriously doubt it. I've been whipped with both a belt and a switch, but not to the severity that I saw in the photo's that TMZ bought and paid for. I'm sure that will be brought up in trial as well, but in my opinion what has been seen can't be unseen. I don't hate Adrian Peterson, and I don't hate him now, but with all the evidence I've seen, he needs some help. I realize he's done some good things off the field for people, but something was lost somewhere.

I agree, but in the current electronic age that we live in, we are able to see the evidence before it is presented in court. That's why we can be jurors without even being called to the jury room. It's also one of the reasons that I should be excluded from any jury trial, because I read the news, I research these profile cases, and I form an opinion on them. Could I hear testimony on what has occurred that could change my mind, maybe, but I seriously doubt it. I've been whipped with both a belt and a switch, but not to the severity that I saw in the photo's that TMZ bought and paid for. I'm sure that will be brought up in trial as well, but in my opinion what has been seen can't be unseen. I don't hate Adrian Peterson, and I don't hate him now, but with all the evidence I've seen, he needs some help. I realize he's done some good things off the field for people, but something was lost somewhere.

I completely agree with everything you speak of, yet you, I , or Anyone Else who has seen these pictures & Even Heard of these incidents would most Certainly be Excluded from serving on a jury during Voire Dire questioning, In THIS country, Justice is BLIND, (or is SUPPOSED to be) in order fir The Accused to receive a FAIR Trial. Again, I agree one cannot "unsee" that which he has already seen, but nonetheless DUE PROCESS trumps that. Our Forefathers MEANT for it to be that way, & I Believe it should REMAIN that way. This is what sets US apart from all others.

Sleeping with different women before ur married is wrong, so brad Pitt had children before he was married. To judge is to say that one did not have sex before they were married. Not many people can say that. That is what I think. Jail time? In my book many people would be there. Keep the boy from him until he gets help.

He will get due process, and with his money he will probably get off easier than the average guy would. But the pictures speak for themselves. He is guilty of child abuse.

. He will get due process, but you already say he is guilty??!!!

A switch - my mom used them and they would wrap around me and hit her. I had welps all around my but and legs. And that is common in Texas.

Just asking u what would u do to ur child that tried to push his sibling over a rail. Hopefully the boy will never do that again. Someone said the boy will be scared for life by AD, think what the boy would go through in life knowing he pushed his brother over a two story railing.

AD is a great father and family man. He is NOT a child abuser he is only guilty for making a mistake like we all do In life.

I would have went crazy in that situation. And If my son was cussing at the age of four, his mother would be all over that.

There's a difference. Texting and driving and driving after drinking are not illegal. Cutting a 4 year old up with a switch is.

Driving after drinking not illegal??? Texting and driving kills more than all others on the road and should be illegal!!! Thanks to Perry it's not. But u are worried about getting a spanking from a switch.

A switch - my mom used them and they would wrap around me and hit her. I had welps all around my but and legs. And that is common in Texas.

Just asking u what would u do to ur child that tried to push his sibling over a rail. Hopefully the boy will never do that again. Someone said the boy will be scared for life by AD, think what the boy would go through in life knowing he pushed his brother over a two story railing.

AD is a great father and family man. He is NOT a child abuser he is only guilty for making a mistake like we all do In life.

I would have went crazy in that situation. And If my son was cussing at the age of four, his mother would be all over that.

Yes he will get due process in a court of law. I am not a judge and I won't be passing any sentence on AD. But yes, he is guilty by his own words and also according to the pictures. There really is little doubt as to the question of his guilt. Now what will he be convicted of is anybody's guess. He has a $20 million dollar a year attorney so I'm betting he gets off pretty easy.

As to the nonsense you keep saying about what the child did, who cares? Nothing this child did justifies him being abused. Period end of story.

#1) Driving after drinking not illegal???

#2) Texting and driving kills more than all others on the road and should be illegal!!!

#3) Thanks to Perry it's not. But u are worried about getting a spanking from a switch.

#1) Nope. Completely legal.

#2) Maybe it should be....but it's not, and no one can enforce your opinions as if they were law.

#3) I'm worried about a four year old being cut up pretty badly by his dad, which is illegal.

If the photos I had seen weren't the real deal, I would agree with you. As for this instance for a short period of time he was a child abuser. As for the other case that also involved a 4 year old (he's now 5), I don't know, because I haven't seen the photos.

As for the last case scenario that's what soap is for, but if they decided to use a soap that caused injury to the child's mouth, throat, teeth, windpipe, tongue, etc. that would be abuse as well in my book.

Sleeping with different women before ur married is wrong, so brad Pitt had children before he was married. To judge is to say that one did not have sex before they were married. Not many people can say that. That is what I think. Jail time? In my book many people would be there. Keep the boy from him until he gets help.

It's a sin in my book, and that's what repentance is for, but you don't repeatedly keep doing the same sins. That's all I'm saying when it comes to fornication. There's also a due process with God for sin.

• 3 weeks later...

It is so funny how some people believe everything they read!!!! LMAO

Is he perfect no. Is he clean boy like Peyton, no. Did he grow up like that, with a father and loving mother in a great home with heat and air. NO, is that an excuse NO!!!!! But just cuz you read something on the internet don't mean its true.

He wants his day in court- the child that tried to cause serious injury to his brother was spanked. He does not go around the house slapping his kids and beat them down. He can discipline his children. Leaving marks do not show abuse. 90%of parents in Texas would be in the pen.

The situation he found himself in would stress any parent. If I caught my four year old trying to push a sibling off of a second story balcony, I would freak out. But by the time I found a switch I would have started to become a bit more rational. By the time I came back to the child I would have realized what I started doing was wrong. I still would have had a strong punishment for the child but I would never have physically injured him. I don't think what Peterson did warrants jail time, but a hefty fine, probation, supervised visitation and community service with abused children is warranted.

Sounds as if Vikings are attempting to avoid controversy by deactivating him for this weeks game. Joking aside, I was whipped as a child with a switch, but never to the point of drawing blood. This could get ugly for Adrian!

On downhill spiral.