EarnedMyStripes

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would Gilmer schedule DF?

Why would DF schedule Gilmer?

Why would Henderson schedule Newton?

Because we have been playing each other for many years...31-27 Bux lead series...as a child of the 60's, D'field & G'water were the ones that really mattered...this year, we will not see G'water until play-offs if we are both blessed...until then, D'field & Gilmer will each do our best to punish the other next week & I remember those times that D'field gave us a good spanking & sent us home crying.

This one going to get ugly I am afraid Gilmer might put 70 and Henderson going beat them as well. Going 0-4 in district isn't what I expected out this proud very successful Dfield program.

I told you & others this from jump street in another thread previously.

You guys have got to listen to me lol.

I'm not bashing or against the Tigers, i love them.

i just wanted people to realize what they had in store instead of having false hopes.

Daingerfield hasn't even had a slight bit of progress at all this far. Oh wait, if you ask any other Tiger fan they'll say the teams each week get tougher, PLZ.

See that's our problem in this community, when we win our s-it don't stink & any time there's trouble we reflect on the past.

I'm not saying accept losing but accept what team you have this season.

That's also what's wrong with East Texas. Anybody i mean anybody has a chance of beating this Tiger team, but since we are Daingerfield nobody wanted to play them resulting in this tough preseason.

Most anticipate they'll bounce back in a sub-par district, but I'm not completely sold there.

A couple more injuries or confidence takes a nose dive this kids may just say to h-ll with it.

One kid said last night "it doesn't feel like we are a team, it seems like we have accepted losing, a couple of guys have even said they don't even want to suit up & play Gilmer & Henderson because there's no point"

Only a handful if that of boys on this team had a roll last year going to the quarterfinals.

They've never experienced the fame & glory previous Tiger teams had, but they are reaping the harsh benefits of it by getting such a preseason schedule.

I do hope they win out come district, but if not i know why.

Beware Buckeyes, The dressing room will be booby trapped. You might tell them boys to smell those jock straps before putting them on. I saw a couple bottles of HEAT in the field house. The field has been prepared to snare any loose buck running free. The stands have been booby trapped for any Bucks fan that dares to start jumping up and down, screaming. The boys have been going in the visitors restroom, spreading doo on the walls. Last but not least is the concession stand will be serving year old wieners on a stick. The cheese on those nachos will be Limburger.

The outcome does not look favorable for the Tigers, but they are Tigers, and will put up a fight.

Because we have been playing each other for many years...31-27 Bux lead series...as a child of the 60's, D'field & G'water were the ones that really mattered...this year, we will not see G'water until play-offs if we are both blessed...until then, D'field & Gilmer will each do our best to punish the other next week & I remember those times that D'field gave us a good spanking & sent us home crying.

Only once in the last 10 years has Daingerfield beat Gilmer, 2005.

I believe overall Daingerfield may still have a winning record against the Buckeyes.

Since Jeff ' s come to town I believe he's lost twice, maybe 3 times to Daingerfield.

He owns the 645 LOL.

Oh my.

Here's my biggest question about this thread. We know the game is a foregone conclusion. But has a down season run the Tiger Nation off Smoaky? Because this thread stands right up there with the Yamboree as one of the highlights of my year. Will Jakebrake make an appearance? How bout Franks&Beans? Will AOB post all them funny little pictures of Daingerfield folk? Will there be an IQ test that eliminates most Tiger fans from posting? Will Crush come out of his diabetic coma from over eating Moonpies in time to make an appearance? I need these key questions answered.

I did hear that the Daingerfield folks were mighty glad the game was a home game, seeing as they had 4 flats on their 5th wheel. I also heard they were serving all you could eat catfish from Lone Star Lake before the game, with three eyed catfish being the specialty. They were also planning a free dental clinic before kickoff, but apparently couldn't find any dentists in Daingerfield.

So, let the smack talk begin.

Don't be too hard on them Casualobserver, They a proud bunch. Kinda tough for them this year. Not a lot to boast about this year, and they don't like Crow.. lol

See you guys Friday night.

Beware Buckeyes, The dressing room will be booby trapped. You might tell them boys to smell those jock straps before putting them on. I saw a couple bottles of HEAT in the field house. The field has been prepared to snare any loose buck running free. The stands have been booby trapped for any Bucks fan that dares to start jumping up and down, screaming. The boys have been going in the visitors restroom, spreading doo on the walls. Last but not least is the concession stand will be serving year old wieners on a stick. The cheese on those nachos will be Limburger.

The outcome does not look favorable for the Tigers, but they are Tigers, and will put up a fight.

Hahaha

Here's how much fight we have thus far,

34 - 13 L

39 - 14 L

51 - 7 L

If you see some fight in us, let me hit what you're smoking.

Fresh start after the bye week boys. The storm is near end.

Yes, they have had a down year,but playing some very tough teams so far. Don't question there fight. They are young and trying hard.They have been practicing hard all summer,many hours a day.I have seen their practices. They are doing as well as they can with a very young team. Never question these kids heart. they give all they can in practice and the games. Maybe you need to back another team other than Daingerfield a true fan does not question the kids

Nope. Tatum kept Tatum in the game. They didn't quit. 3 fumbles, one being in the endzone certainly help the Eagles, but fighting to the end was what helped Tatum. Penalties have GOT to stop, & turnovers will kill against a good team like Tatum. We will see them again in few months. Now with that being said, this one "should" be over early.

Excellent observation. If a team gives up, refs don't make up for it. Turnovers hurt Gilmer, but what reLly hurt Gilmer was some adjustments and finding the plays that worked in the 2nd half. Going to be game of the year if we meet again.

Gilmer is about to unleash some frustration against DF.

Yes, they have had a down year,but playing some very tough teams so far. Don't question there fight. They are young and trying hard.They have been practicing hard all summer,many hours a day.I have seen their practices. They are doing as well as they can with a very young team. Never question these kids heart. they give all they can in practice and the games. Maybe you need to back another team other than Daingerfield a true fan does not question the kids

+1

I haven't question anybody's heart, so chill.

I however have had a few conversations, over heard a thing or two from both players, coaches & parents, & witnessed 3 games. I too have observed a couple of practices from a distance because the work schedule didn't allow me to attend the scrimmages.

Sounds like we are on a even bases when it comes to support there buddy.

You have your assessment & i have mine.

I'm assuming you went to Daingerfield & played correct? I did.

I'm going to have to look up the so called definition of a true fan.

Apparently a true fan gives praise when a team does well & only pats on the back and says it'll be ok when the team isn't.

I guess you can't feel disappointed or frustrated only happiness regardless of the situation.

Lol you can call me what you want but I most certainly think some of you are just basically too soft & living in regret.

Many of you have witnessed more football than I have due to your age. You seen some great Tiger teams first hand. You also witnessed a few weak one's. Those coaches, Alexander, Singleton, McKamy, McFarlin, Bowman, (exclude Hugg) motivated guys in all types of manners but never shy'd away from getting in faces, occasionally cursing, or being physical to get their point across. Now a days you can't even get a switch & whip your kid.

All I'm saying is I love watching football & the Tigers. I realize the schedule & how young the boys are. Enrollment plays a big part as well.

these coaches have to play with what they have.

If this is their best then GO TIGERS.

If they have more I expect to see it.

Looks like a typical D'field game @ Home...Bux don't use jock straps...they use Big Boy Pants & will have em on

Heat will be there, not sure you will like it

D'field always has snares...same ones they used in the 60's...we know all about them

I got a foot long splinter in my #### year before last from the stands...pitiful

The restrooms are so bad, who would notice doo on the walls

The concessions are the only redeeming thing for D'field...better than most & certainly better than Buckeye Stadium.

As a special treat this year for the ###### Cats, Chase Tate is bring some special friends with him this year...Shock & Awe...plus Lynch, Kris Boyd & baby brother Demarco Boyd, Carter, Smith, Jackson, the list goes on. Gonna be a fun game.

D'field's only hope is that, they draw the same crew of officials from the Tyler chapter, that really made a mess of the Buckeyes and Buzzard shindig, if that's the case, Tigers might get a win by default, because we aint coming, lol, I cant sit thru another one of those, I've been hearing whistles and seeing yellow spots all day!

BuckeyeBob, Daingerfield leads the all-time series with Gilmer 30-28.

Gilmer is 12-3 against Daingerfield under Jeff Traylor

Gilmer has a 9 game winning streak over Daingerfield (last loss: 26-17 @ Daingerfield, 2005)

D'field's only hope is that, they draw the same crew of officials from the Tyler chapter, that really made a mess of the Buckeyes and Buzzard shindig, if that's the case, Tigers might get a win by default, because we aint coming, lol, I cant sit thru another one of those, I've been hearing whistles and seeing yellow spots all day!

The officiating crew was from the Longview chapter NOT Tyler.

BuckeyeBob, Daingerfield leads the all-time series with Gilmer 30-28.

Gilmer is 12-3 against Daingerfield under Jeff Traylor

Gilmer has a 9 game winning streak over Daingerfield (last loss: 26-17 @ Daingerfield, 2005)

The officiating crew was from the Longview chapter NOT Tyler.[

Yes from and for Longview/Tatum