Paul Pewitt @ New Boston

BlackBeard

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know at the beginning of the season this game was expected to be close.

PP losing as many impact players would hurt any small 3A team, especially when they play both ways.

I hate to hear so many injured players for PP or any team for that matter! Be a good time for NB to work on pass attack IMO

New Boston will win this one, by how much? Who knows?

NB has to start finishing drives, too many times this season they have chewed up 30 or 40 yards on a drive, gotten inside the opponents side of the field, and then found a way to lose momentum.

The defense will be fine, they are switching a lot of people around, and still trying to find the best fits for the D they can, considering that is the side that got hit the most by graduation.

The O-line has played well at times, but the loss of Will Teague(graduation) at Center has hurt, as the middle is where they have had issues. The two tackles have played very well.

New Boston is still finding themselves after a big graduation from last year. This team will now have a few weeks hopefully to iron some things out before getting started in district.

I think the line will get things figured out. We have two inexperienced players playing guard and center for us. You have to remember these two kids are replacing Wesley Holmes, 4 year starter and an all state selection, and Wes Teague who was a 3 year starter and an All North-East Texas selection at offensive line. So neither one of these kids has played many snaps. It will take a few games for them to improve and get used to varsity ball. It will take some time for the line to be one cohesive unit, but it will happen.

I think the line will get things figured out. We have two inexperienced players playing guard and center for us. You have to remember these two kids are replacing Wesley Holmes, 4 year starter and an all state selection, and Wes Teague who was a 3 year starter and an All North-East Texas selection at offensive line. So neither one of these kids has played many snaps. It will take a few games for them to improve and get used to varsity ball. It will take some time for the line to be one cohesive unit, but it will happen.

+1, It would be interesting to have played Atlanta at the end of our non-district schedule, seeing our offense and defense starting to come together.

Not saying we would win that one but I think the game would be closer.

yeah, it will happen. NB should win out their schedule and be tested by rd 3 and beyond, personally, i dont care if it takes 9-10 weeks as long as they have got it down by playoff time!!

New Boston will win this one, by how much? Who knows?

NB has to start finishing drives, too many times this season they have chewed up 30 or 40 yards on a drive, gotten inside the opponents side of the field, and then found a way to lose momentum.

The defense will be fine, they are switching a lot of people around, and still trying to find the best fits for the D they can, considering that is the side that got hit the most by graduation.

The O-line has played well at times, but the loss of Will Teague(graduation) at Center has hurt, as the middle is where they have had issues. The two tackles have played very well.

New Boston is still finding themselves after a big graduation from last year. This team will now have a few weeks hopefully to iron some things out before getting started in district.

The nose guard last week out weighed our center by 210 lbs not easy for someone who hasn't had much playing time. We have run the ball better between the tackles than all the sweeps plays we run. Our tackles have to get better at stopping the outside rush we have had problems with this when there is speed on the ends. This line will come together and be lights out.

Well boys it looks like our injury bug is contagious. I stopped by to take a peek at what was going on yesterday and low and behold we were on to QB #5 on the year and not a starter in the backfield suited up. I think we should go to the spread at this point and just start flinging it. Can't get much worse.

Well boys it looks like our injury bug is contagious. I stopped by to take a peek at what was going on yesterday and low and behold we were on to QB #5 on the year and not a starter in the backfield suited up. I think we should go to the spread at this point and just start flinging it. Can't get much worse.

dang, it keeps getting worse for PP

Wish for the best for Pewitt wouldn't wish what they are going through on anybody. Too bad they don't give points for heart those kids would beat a lot of folks that way

+1.

I watched the PP/Jefferson game from last week on Hudl and I was very impressed with the hustle and heart of the Paul Pewitt players.

The NB coaches have stated in practice to the players that they better come with their "A" game because PP will certainly never give up.

aight NB boys...Yall dont bully my Bulls...theyll give you everything they got...But unfortunetly its gonna be Like watching varsity vs jv. good luck toinight to both and prayers from afar that both remain safe and healthy throughout the night. Go Bulls!!!