Joaquin at Cayuga

trueblue82

Best football game of all time!!!! Congrats to Cayuga on a very good game. At the hospital with zach now he's about to go into surgery bone broke right above the ankle no joint damage. Also a big shout out to my brother #71 Rustin Miller I love you kid.

I wouldn't say best of all time. The only thing that stopped our offense was us. We were very fortunate to get out of there with a W, considering we turned it over 3 times. Our kids played hard, and they made the plays when it counted. I couldn't be more proud of them for digging deep and pulling out the win. I think the injury really shook them up, and the long delay (thanks to the home team not having an ambulance on site) killed our momentum. The stadium announcer is lucky to get out of there with his skin. He had several Joaquin mothers and grandmothers ready to give him a sure nuff Shelby County BUTT WHOOPIN'. If he wants to be a cheerleader, he should get down on the track. But I met some real nice folks over there too. Good luck to the Wildcats down the road.

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I wouldn't say best of all time. The only thing that stopped our offense was us. We were very fortunate to get out of there with a W, considering we turned it over 3 times. Our kids played hard, and they made the plays when it counted. I couldn't be more proud of them for digging deep and pulling out the win. I think the injury really shook them up, and the long delay (thanks to the home team not having an ambulance on site) killed our momentum. The stadium announcer is lucky to get out of there with his skin. He had several Joaquin mothers and grandmothers ready to give him a sure nuff Shelby County BUTT WHOOPIN'. If he wants to be a cheerleader, he should get down on the track. But I met some real nice folks over there too. Good luck to the Wildcats down the road.

I hate announcers like that!

Also, I gotta give a hats off to Cayuga's kicker, big #74 Jayson Johnson. The field goal was more than long enough. He was kicking off of the right hash, and it sailed wide left on a 47 yard attempt. To get that kind of distance is amazing. When he kicked it, I thought it was good, but it was wide left by about 5 feet. Keep working at it, cause that's gonna win a ball game for y'all one day.

Best football game of all time!!!! Congrats to Cayuga on a very good game. At the hospital with zach now he's about to go into surgery bone broke right above the ankle no joint damage. Also a big shout out to my brother #71 Rustin Miller I love you kid.

Not trying to get off the subject, but the best high school football game I've been to was in the state semi-finals with Carthage vs Brownwood in 2010. Awesome game

Prayers that surgery goes well for Zach . Our QB Tristan Croft on way to Tyler for X-ray this morning. Hoping a deep bruise but having it checked. Here's to speedy recovery for both. Drug that marinaded crow out for breakfast still hard to get down . Good luck and congrats on great win

Prayers that surgery goes well for Zach . Our QB Tristan Croft on way to Tyler for X-ray this morning. Hoping a deep bruise but having it checked. Here's to speedy recovery for both. Drug that marinaded crow out for breakfast still hard to get down . Good luck and congrats on great win

Good luck to you guys. Y'all got a good 1-2 punch at RB, behind the biggest OL I've ever seen at our level. Good things are gonna happen.

Sounds like I missed a good game. Got back from my trip later than I thought. Did get to hear the second half on the internet. Trueblue, I'm usually in the press box spotting for the announcer and keeping him calm, my bad. Thought this was a game Cayuga would win, I'll take my crow fried. Prayers for the young man who broke his leg. Hope there are no complications and he has a full recovery.

Also, I gotta give a hats off to Cayuga's kicker, big #74 Jayson Johnson. The field goal was more than long enough. He was kicking off of the right hash, and it sailed wide left on a 47 yard attempt. To get that kind of distance is amazing. When he kicked it, I thought it was good, but it was wide left by about 5 feet. Keep working at it, cause that's gonna win a ball game for y'all one day.

WOW. For some reason that brings back visions of Mart for me.

I just talked to zack's dad, the big bone was not broke but the little bone was with a dislocated ankle. Had surgery and everything went good. Resting good and docs are supposed to get hm up for a little walk later on crutches with a boot.

WOW. For some reason that brings back visions of Mart for me.

Lol. When he kicked it, you could tell it was long enough. It probably would have been good had it been from 5 yards further back. It still had enough distance, and that would have kept it inside the left upright. From a 5'11", 295# kicker.

I just talked to zack's dad, the big bone was not broke but the little bone was with a dislocated ankle. Had surgery and everything went good. Resting good and docs are supposed to get hm up for a little walk later on crutches with a boot.

That's good to hear!

News on our QB deep sprain maybe back two weeks for district. Good game good job filling in Kappus tough time to take first snaps in Varsity game

Yeah the backup looked pretty good. I was really impressed with Venables, the FB. He is a load, and does a good job finishing runs. Y'all should definitely be in the playoff hunt in District 11.

was he that bad. oh well i have heard lots that were like that. the cayuga fans came on and ate their crow unlike some unnamed fans we all know. good game cayuga. i know yall will get it rolling real soon. good luck the rest of the way. pray that yalls qback gets healthy.real soon. and i pray that zach gets well soon. you will continue to be in my prayers. go rams

The 1930's called they want their bleachers back! Lol that's funny. Cayuga won like two state titles, basketball was crazy good forever, baseball and softball are always dang good, their girls like went to state in volleyball three or four times in a row and they are rewarded with......a new track! Lol nice going community, that should make the kids proud. Visiting teams go there and make fun of you, geeeeez.

The 1930's called they want their bleachers back! Lol that's funny. Cayuga won like two state titles, basketball was crazy good forever, baseball and softball are always dang good, their girls like went to state in volleyball three or four times in a row and they are rewarded with......a new track! Lol nice going community, that should make the kids proud. Visiting teams go there and make fun of you, geeeeez.

Th rest of the stadium is above average for the 2A level. But the visitors' stands are worse than an inconvenience. They are unsafe. Someone could easily trip and fall going up and down those things. You have a lot of small children and (in the case of a team like Joaquin) quiet a few grandparents attending football games. You would think they'd want to reduce the liability. Glad we won't be going back there for awhile.

Th rest of the stadium is above average for the 2A level. But the visitors' stands are worse than an inconvenience. They are unsafe. Someone could easily trip and fall going up and down those things. You have a lot of small children and (in the case of a team like Joaquin) quiet a few grandparents attending football games. You would think they'd want to reduce the liability. Glad we won't be going back there for awhile.

I don't pretend to have any influence what-so-ever at Cayuga but I do have a brother that's a coach there. I'll ask him to check the stands out. Chances are no one from Cayuga has really looked at them in awhile and no one has brought it to their attention. I'm sure the administration does not want stands that are unsafe.

I don't pretend to have any influence what-so-ever at Cayuga but I do have a brother that's a coach there. I'll ask him to check the stands out. Chances are no one from Cayuga has really looked at them in awhile and no one has brought it to their attention. I'm sure the administration does not want stands that are unsafe.

Thanks. I would hate for someone to get hurt.