CHAPEL HILL vs Port Neches-Groves Indians

LilBroKevTEN

Well don't know much about the Indians but what I can say is they only lost to a west-orange stark team that's ranked #2 in 4A-D2 rankings in a 33-27 loss.

I think the CH DAWGS come out playing smart CH football and minimize the mistakes and come out with the WIN. Hopefully a comfortable margin, but what I have seen is that this CH team will be entering this district battle tested and strong mentally. So it might be another nail biter for the CH fans. Lol

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

CH needs to keep moving forward. Each week they need to iron a few more wrinkles out, that way when district comes they are back to CH caliber football. I would say this week the dogs need to improve their penalties and 3rd down defense. When I played my coach would make us run sprints based on penalties and yardage. If we had 6 penalties for 45 yards on Monday we would run 6, 45yd sprints. CH would be running 18, 130 yard sprints tomorrow. Talk about incentive.

My concern for CH is the defense and penalties. They have to find a way to get pressure on the QB. Against Paris they brought very little pressure and the corners played 12-15 yards off the line. The Paris QB had the deep post and slant all day. I think the box score showed he had like 300 yards on only 12 completions. That is a problem. The run defense looks above average at this point. Most of Paris rushing yards were on QB scrambles and busted plays. Offense is continuing to gel. #12 is a stud out of the wildcat formations. Some of the play calling still confuses me. Whatever the outcome, this non district schedule should prepare them well for district and the playoffs. I'll pick the dogs in a close one. 49-45 CH

If CH can't beat Lindale I sure as heck don't like their chances against PNG.

True statement, however, CH had 15 brand new starters taking the field for the first time against Lindale. Three games into this thing the newbie jitters should be gone. There have also been several position changes as far as the rotation. CH has improved each week, which is all anyone can ask for before district. Get the kinks worked out and go into district healthy and tested. I just want to see CH fight a good fight. This is David vs Goliath.

True statement, however, CH had 15 brand new starters taking the field for the first time against Lindale. Three games into this thing the newbie jitters should be gone. There have also been several position changes as far as the rotation. CH has improved each week, which is all anyone can ask for before district. Get the kinks worked out and go into district healthy and tested. I just want to see CH fight a good fight. This is David vs Goliath.

Who's Goliath? Lol

PNG. 9 times out of 10 they will beat a team like CH, but there is a chance. I don't care how small it is, as long as the chance is there I will believe in the Bulldogs to get it done.

I like the way coach Sitton Schedules. The CH team is getting some different teams that should help us in district and for sure playoffs.

Rooting for my CH DAWGS

I like the way coach Sitton Schedules. The CH team is getting some different teams that should help us in district and for sure playoffs.

Rooting for my CH DAWGS

I agree. I said that last week against Paris. Nice to see other outside teams. Definitely in Chapel Hills favor come playoff time.