Chapel Hill Vs Tatum 9-26

headhunter02

• Replies 579
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No excuses. It was Chapel Hills night. Do not know if that was the best Chapel Hill had to offer or not. Was not the best Tatum can play. Wheels came off and will have to get a few attitudes in check.

Tatum players gave a good effort just sloppy play. Personnel not ready to go in. Things that can be corrected. Need leaders to step up and get control of team.

Chapel Hill has a great team and played hard til the end and got a well earned win.

is it normal rotation for the qb. I noticed #11 played for a while. I thought #3 was ingured or something.

3's pretty much been injured since the 6th play of the first scrimmage. #9 is pretty banged up too. Was surprised to see him dressed out tonight.

Curious about one call though. How is there a flag thrown during an INT return for a td but it was enforced after the play?. If it wasn't a dead ball penalty shouldn't it have been enforced as a spot foul negating the TD?

The official signaled it as a dead ball penalty. I believe it was on one of the defensive players for CH. He was in the sideline acting a fool after the return. I watched the official throw the flag and it didn't come out until after the white hat signaled TD, and at the spot of the field it was on, had it been during play the flag would have been on the field way before the CH player got to the endzone.

Yeah, and the refs looked lost at times.

I agree. The one penalty that I could not figure out was on the east end of the field. CH had the ball on the 36 yard line and defensive pass interference was called against Tatum. They marked off yards and incorrectly spotted the ball on the 17 yard line. They then had a conference for a good minute thirty, then decided that screwed up. So they then spotted the ball at the 26 yard line. I was scratching my head on that one. Either the white hat gave the wrong signal and meant to call defensive holding, or they just screwed that one up.

Not quiet right. The flag was thrown when the CH player was on about the 20 yard line running toward the end zone. Player was blocked in back into the other referee.

If that's the case then it was a block in the back 20 yards behind the ball carrier which in most cases will get a personal foul call and they gave CH a dead ball personal foul instead.

Great win by the Bulldogs. It's good to see that Sitton and staff still have the mojo, in spite of what some say about them. The offense put up 35 points and the defense contributed 7. Not a bad gameplan looks like to me.

Two very good teams, who if they played 10 times would probably have 5 wins apiece. Great game Tatum, good luck the rest of the way.

P.S. Officials are a part of the game, they make good calls and bad calls every game. It's part of it. They are men. Do they carry biases into games, sure they do. But, I believe that as a whole none of them would intentionally cheat a kid.

Once again, great game!! Good luck to both teams the rest of the way.

Truth

No excuses. It was Chapel Hills night. Do not know if that was the best Chapel Hill had to offer or not. Was not the best Tatum can play. Wheels came off and will have to get a few attitudes in check.

Tatum players gave a good effort just sloppy play. Personnel not ready to go in. Things that can be corrected. Need leaders to step up and get control of team.

Chapel Hill has a great team and played hard til the end and got a well earned win.

I don't think either team can say that was their best possible performance with that many penalties.

Tatum is a good football team and they will win most every game they play this year.

The dogs are a good football team and I have believed that the talent and ability was their this entire year. Tonight the dogs kept the effort high all the way until the final whistle. I thought the team did a great job of finding opportunities to get excited and fire each other up. Bledsoe did an excellent job running the football for the dogs tonight. I like how excited he got after he finally got a rushing touchdown. When he came off the field celebrating like that, it seemed to fire the entire team up. There is plenty to work on during the bye week and Brownsboro would love to take a hard shot at the dogs. They need to get a couple good weeks of work in before district. Get the bruises bandaged. And get ready for the second season. It's time for the DOD.

he's very good as well. But to be honest, it looks like tatum ran out of gas. A lot of the key offensive players on D.

They were def gased but hey, them Dogs were big and they leaned on us all night. That was a longer than usual game with the parade of flags. I was surprised at how much energy them Dogs had that late in the game for their size.

That will show up with a fast team. CH played fast tonight.

Wow in 7 decades i have been to county fairs, i have been around the world twice, and have seen thousands of sporting events, but I have never witnessed anything to compare to the poor officiating that i saw last night. they didnt have a clue as to the game or the rules of the game. I hope i am not the only one that intends to report them to the U.I.L. They are a shame to the profession and certainly do nothing to instill honesty and fair play among the youth they are charged to monitor....such a terrible display.. The score.....doesn't really matter.... it is just a game, but these are young men playing a sport they earned the right to play, if you are charged to call a game, leave the tunnel vision at home, just call it fair...This is just my opinion and in no way represents the same feelings of the others who witnessed this.

Wow in 7 decades i have been to county fairs, i have been around the world twice, and have seen thousands of sporting events, but I have never witnessed anything to compare to the poor officiating that i saw last night. they didnt have a clue as to the game or the rules of the game. I hope i am not the only one that intends to report them to the U.I.L. They are a shame to the profession and certainly do nothing to instill honesty and fair play among the youth they are charged to monitor....such a terrible display.. The score.....doesn't really matter.... it is just a game, but these are young men playing a sport they earned the right to play, if you are charged to call a game, leave the tunnel vision at home, just call it fair...This is just my opinion and in no way represents the same feelings of the others who witnessed this.

Whats the problem with the Helmets? it seems like its every other play that one of our players Helmet came off!!! Whats REALLY Embarrassing is the way there throwed to the GROUND on the SIDELINE!!!!

Agree fully. Lost count how

Many times their helmets came off. Caused a bunch or personnel problems.

I didn't see the game but know you know how Gilmer feels when we played yall.Im just glad we got out of there with a win.If the refs did call a bad game against yall then shame on them!Let the teams play!!

Lol. You are a complete joke. Any team that plays Gilmet knows that the refs are intemidated by Traylor. Time after time the refs are told before the game to watch the holding and they usually do not call it. The game against Tatum they actually called Holding against Gilmer about 15% of the time that they were holding and you think you got cheated. Go watch film. Film does not lie. Break down the film each play like I and a couple others do and see if you can be honest, then get back to me on how Gilmer was cheated.

Tatum got beat by CH plan and simple. Were the refs horrible. Yes. But most of us will not use that as an excuse. You have to overcome that and also have to keep your head. Tatum was unable to do that Friday and lost because of it.

I agree 100%! That really bothered me when they called back that long CH TD run late in the game. That made the game closer than it had to be. Being the completely unbiased observer you are, I assume you'd still be calling the UIL if Tatum would have won on a last second Hail Mary. 😏