Palestine @Kaufman

Marinedad55

Kaufman gets first win of the season 28 to 7..

Kaufman finally gets it's offense going .. QB JACKSON FRITZ showed lots of heart getting his ankle twisted again in 3rd qtr .. Little brother comes in and throws a TD pass .. Jackson gets ankle taped and goes hobbling back in and plays a great second half !! Gotta love it... Defense stepped up and played very well . I know both teams were 0and 4 but a win is a win .. Two weeks to get healthy and get ready for those crandalls!! GO LIONS!!!!!

Hard fought well earned victory Kaufman. I thought you guys did a great job for the most part of neutralizing our pass rush, and did the best job of anyone thus far containing our running game. Palestine goes into the bye week 0-5. This is not where anyone imagined we would be at the beginning of the season. However, none of that matters now. If Coach Brown and his staff can these young men turned around we could still be a tough team during the district portion of our schedule. It will not be easy as we face Kilgore on the road and Chapel Hill away in back to back weeks. But... It can be done. Our run game was not as effective last night but our passing game looked much better(but still needs a lot of work). Chris Weaver really stepped up in that department and the Oline did a much better job in pass protection. Defense with the exception of the opening drive played fairly well and kept us in the game until late I believe we had 5 turnovers and most came during very nice drives for Palestine. Its hard to overcome that. Again mental mistakes hurt us. Defense stops Kaufman and would seem to force a punt only to have the drive kept alive by an unsportsman like conduct penalty. I know football is an emotional game but we have been guilty of this several times this season, and its things like this that drive me crazy. A lot of work to accomplish this week and remember your record is 0-0 now. the 0-5 is in the past. I don't know about you guys but I still want to play deep into November, and against all odds this still can happen.

I didn't see an 0 and 4 team when we played .. Their QB can throw and has lots of speed , big fast RB and OL was pretty big. Penalties killed them

several unsportsmanlike calls , chop blocks etc. Kaufman did seem to play a lot better though finally getting this new offense to work. Defense had its best game of the season IMO . Expect the CATS to improve a lot .. Tough district though

I didn't see an 0 and 4 team when we played .. Their QB can throw and has lots of speed , big fast RB and OL was pretty big. Penalties killed them

several unsportsmanlike calls , chop blocks etc. Kaufman did seem to play a lot better though finally getting this new offense to work. Defense had its best game of the season IMO . Expect the CATS to improve a lot .. Tough district though

Very tough, but I would love to see Palestine get back to winning.

Very tough, but I would love to see Palestine get back to winning.

Keep hearing about Palestine doing all this winning but I believe their record for the last 4 years was 22-21. Not sure how that is winning a bunch of games. Add this first half of the year and you get 22-26. Those last 4 years was in a district with mexia, groesbeck, and rusk/madisonville sometimes.

You have what you inherit ... recruiting is not allowed ... therefore sometimes you have to spend time teaching and coaching the lessons of life and team before you can spend time on teaching and coaching the lessons of football ... I hope they give J.B. time to do both; he's a good solid man ... and when the absolute final gun sounds, it's more that a scoreboard that judge our endeavors ... it's funny that when you get the lessons of team down, it seems you tend to quit shooting yourself in the foot in the process ... and there's an old sayin': "In the end, those who stay will be Champions" ...

Very well said DOB. We all want to win , but winning is a process that involves so many obstacles and overcoming those is winning itself.

Football will end 1 day for all of us and for 90%+ it will be the last game of Sr. yr . in high school. Stick with it , do your best, never give up and

when you look back 20 yrs . down the road it will be those attributes that will always make you a winner.

Very well said DOB. We all want to win , but winning is a process that involves so many obstacles and overcoming those is winning itself.

Football will end 1 day for all of us and for 90%+ it will be the last game of Sr. yr . in high school. Stick with it , do your best, never give up and

when you look back 20 yrs . down the road it will be those attributes that will always make you a winner.

I have always found that winning is all about the details - and the most important details are often those that may seem small at the time ... therefore winning is a result of getting ENOUGH of all those those little things RIGHT ...

Life lessons, good men, blah blah blah. C'mon guys my gosh if you don't win as a head coach in any sport you have to go. Doesn't make u a bad man, but let's all try and be real here. You have to win and Palestine has and always will have the horses to do so, period. So let's stop sugar coating this subject. If you don't win and the kids are acting bad like all of the posts keeps mentioning, then go find the right person instead of a last minute hire.

More transferring to Palestine then transferring to Westwood.

Really have to give a hats off to Hayes has done a terrific job with Westwood this year - Westwood leading Anderson Shiro by two touchdowns in 4th.

will be 5 - 0 going into district

Keep hearing about Palestine doing all this winning but I believe their record for the last 4 years was 22-21. Not sure how that is winning a bunch of games. Add this first half of the year and you get 22-26. Those last 4 years was in a district with mexia, groesbeck, and rusk/madisonville sometimes.

That's my point. Palestine has been down for multiple years now and not really competitive against good competition.

You have to give a coach more than just a few months. Kids already decided whether they would play or not before he got there. It takes 2-3 years to get a team built back up. Sometimes a coach can turn it around in 1 year and sometimes it takes 4-5 years. Just be patient and let him be a coach. If he doesn't show some improvement next year, there is a problem. He is in a very tough district with some very good coaches.

You have to give a coach more than just a few months. Kids already decided whether they would play or not before he got there. It takes 2-3 years to get a team built back up. Sometimes a coach can turn it around in 1 year and sometimes it takes 4-5 years. Just be patient and let him be a coach. If he doesn't show some improvement next year, there is a problem. He is in a very tough district with some very good coaches.